Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mr Smiley in LA and Ontario, CA

Pages: 1 14 replies

M

Howdy, Mr Smiley will be in Ontario for work on Dec. 11 - 15. That weekend I may go up to La "proper" before returning to Ontario late Sunday to fly out. Anything happening??
. Thanks

Stentiki and his wahine are hosting a gathering and holiday lights cruise on the 14th.... here's the post:

Mele Kalikimaka HH Cruise of Lights

Also, some of us will be participating in SantaCon on the same day... there's a little bit of info about it in the same post.

:tiki:

T

Mr Smiley, which ontario are you talking about? The one in canada?

Somehow I guess not... sniff!

Otherwise, Alexis and I would get a plan toghether to ROCK YOUR WORLD!

Bruce, I would like to send you on a Mission from Tiki, to check out this apartment building next to the Royal Tahitian golf course (BOT p.251) that had four really nice Milan Guanko Tikis standing in front of it. It also had some Easter Island head carved beams among the entrance railings, yet strangely it did not have a name.
It is one block to the left of the Royal Tahitian which is on 2525 E. Riverside Drive in Ontario, CA.

The R.T. has no Tikis left, but the slanted A-frame is very cool, and by the restrooms they have some simple Easter Island carved beams.

Just to see if they are still there...

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-11-23 11:35 ]

I'm think I'm going to go check that out! I live fairly close to Ontario.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-11-23 17:42 ]

Doctor Z and I were just talking about the Royal Tahitian this morning.

I have an old postcard that states:

"THE ROYAL TAHITIAN - The world's largest Polynesian Restaurant set amidst 250 acres of tropical plants and lagoons."

That's quite a claim to make!

"Fabulous Dining - Dancing - Entertainment - Polynesian Shows - Fashion Luncheons - Sunday Buffet - Banquets - Luaus. Famous for Superb Food"

Whatever happened to this place? The postcard shows a wonderful old A-frame building set on the edge of a lagoon. It sounds amazing.

Sabu

Yo, Mr. Smiley! Gimmee a shout when you're heading out this way.

-Weird Unc

CA

I'd love to see you in a Santa suit!!!... check out that link.. SantaCrawl is your cup of tea! If you could only take all those Santas and Vincent Price them all in wax, build and addition on your house, and stick them in the new 'Santa Room‘. They would make great lawn ornaments in front of your place during the season as well...
"http://la.cacophony.org/santa1999.html""http://www.santarchy.com"

On 2002-11-23 23:39, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

I have an old postcard that states:

"THE ROYAL TAHITIAN - The world's largest Polynesian Restaurant set amidst 250 acres of tropical plants and lagoons."

That's quite a claim to make!

Whatever happened to this place? The postcard shows a wonderful old A-frame building set on the edge of a lagoon. It sounds amazing.

Sabu

BOT page 251:
"....the “Royal Tahitian”, a moderne slanted A-frame Tiki temple at the Ontario (L.A.) Golf course, which claimed to offer the largest Polynesian grounds in the country, simply by adding it’s golf course acreage. The A-frame still stands, but all evidence of Rosencrans’ odd art is gone. Right next to it though one can find an unnamed apartment building sporting four Milan Guanko Tikis."

M

"Mr Smiley, which ontario are you talking about? The one in canada?

Somehow I guess not... sniff!

Otherwise, Alexis and I would get a plan toghether to ROCK YOUR WORLD!"-----
Well Sha-zaaam and ZAZZ!!! Silly ole Mr. Smiley added "CA" so no one would think I am going to Canada and guess what--Silly Ole MR. Smiley didn't think that CA is also and abbreviation for...Canada. Too many Zombies have made me one. Sorry, ladies--I am visitng Southern California only.

M

Has anyone confirmed a date, time, place for the Santacrawl? Please email me at if you can't post it publicly. I am interested in Los Angeles and San francisco area dates---thanks

I forwarded all the info I have via email to ya, Mrsmiley! Hope you can participate in SantaCon!

:tiki:

MrSmiley

the Moon Eyes X-mas Party (formerly the Rat Fink Reunion) is in Whittier Ca on Dec 14th. Its a good mixture of Hot Rods, cool bands, kustom kulture art and merchandise. Not alot of Tiki, but some artists do incorporate it in their work. Von Franco will be there (gotta give the Bro-in-law a plug) and he has several tiki related art pieces.
http://www.mooneyes.com/

Also, I live about 5 miles from Ontario Ca. I work on the weekends, but if you are intersted in seeing the Tiki Hut during the week, shoot me an email [email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/erichtroudt/

Erich Troudt

CAN any SANTACON people (los Angeles) contact me before Thursday 8 PM with your cel phone number so I can join you santas at noon.THANKS---bruce

Post another map for us Orange County
folk who want to come up for a few shots
and hots too. -Thanks,Todah&Shukran

Pages: 1 14 replies