Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 2003 Attendance List~Are you on it? Read First Post.

Pages: 1 2 74 replies

I thought I'd start a roll call thread.
Feel free to add a reply here, private message or email me and I'll edit THIS post and add you to this list.
Bringing kids? List their age, so us parents can let our own kid(s) know if they will have playmates.

**Attending:

• SugarCaddyDaddy, SugarMama, SugarBaby (Olivia-age 4), & Grandma Sweet-n-Low! (yeah, she's only 4'11")
  • Baxdog (and Son-age 12)
  • KukuiNut (and Daughter-age 10)
  • FuturaGirl
  • C.B. Howlie
  • JohnnieVelour
  • LadyVelour
  • TraderPup
  • TikiMama
  • Melintur
  • Floratina
  • DoctorZ
  • Z-Girl
  • Mr. & Mrs. TikiGuy
  • Mig
  • MissFrenchy
  • Mr. & Mrs. ChikiTiki
  • LuckyDesigns
  • StenTiki
  • Tiki-T
  • IukaGrogg
  • Mr. & (Future)Mrs. Tiki-Bot
  • Martiki6
  • PolynesianPop
  • CrazyAl
  • King Kukulele
  • BigBroTiki (in Tiki Spirit only)
  • Tiki Rider Five-O (and Son-age 5)
  • Mr. & Mrs. Quarterto3
  • Chacha & Mr. Chacha
  • Wes (House of Tiki) and SexySexyFemale(s?)
  • Suicide Sam
  • The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa
  • Bamboo Ben
  • Mrs. B
  • SmogBreather (Tiki Farm)
  • Trustar, Little Susan (keikis: Tikiboy Gage-age 6, Mackenzie-age 5)
  • Otto (of course!)
  • Mr. & Mrs. Captain Ambience
  • Mr. & Mrs. Puamana
  • Alnshely
  • TikiBong
  • Madame Bong
  • Lounge deVille
  • Tikifille
  • LapuRocker
  • Formikahini
  • HulaHula
  • Humuhumu
  • Mama X & Papa X (aka Mig-makers)
  • Mr. & Mrs. TikiBar (Daughter-age 24 & Son-age 15)
  • TikiMonkey (You ARE going!)
  • NewHipWeezer, Chrissy & Frankie Dino on the Sax (8 mo. old)
  • AquaRJ & Lovely Lady Naomi
  • DJ Kapu Cabana (Possible appearance if he remembers to pick up Cherry Capri on the way).
  • VintageGirl, Atomic Cocktail (and Daughter-age 20)
  • Mr. & Mrs. ShipWreckJoey
  • Hukilau Brown
  • Deb & Gogo
  • StukieShaft (MunkTiki)
  • Mr. & Mrs. MonkeyMan
  • TheTikiGuy
  • Mr. & Mrs. ModMana

Unconfirmed, (almost) local TC members:

• HANFORD!
  • BeachDude
  • Chongolio
  • Cynfulcynner
  • BigBadTikiDaddy
  • DawnTiki
  • Elvira
  • JungleTrader
  • Laney
  • ErichTroudt (hey, how about some tiki magic?)
  • Horizon Mombo
  • ManoTikiTia
  • Mattio
  • MidniteTiki
  • TikiVixen
  • TheJab
  • OBSeagull
  • Trader_Rick
  • Paranoid123
  • TikiMel
  • PiPhiRho
  • Squawker
  • TwoWheelin'Tiki
  • TikiTom
  • SweetPea
  • Tacky-Tiki
  • Tangaroa
  • ChrisTiki295

****************** 4/22/03 ****************

REMINDER: DON'T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR DINNER RESERVATIONS!**

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-05-06 16:27 ]

I'll be attending as well however, arriving stag as usual. Won't be booking a room since I only live 1 hour's drive away.

C

Chacha and Mr. Chacha will be at TIKI Oasis.

I checked the Caliente Tropics room reservations and it seems that all nights on and around this event are sold out! Wow, I'm glad I didn't wait. Of course, there are other hotels in the area to book. Last year I didn't get a room at the Caliente, but did get one at the Ocotillo Lodge, which was just fine and just a short walk (60 seconds by car) down the street.

I'll be there, I might be staying somewhere nearby now that the rooms are sold out though, thats what I get for procrastinating.

I'll be there, too!

The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa will be there, too!

Got a room and looking forward to the Bash !!

I'll be there and will be Mrs. Boo's date. (not Holdon's as previously stated)

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2003-04-23 21:38 ]

[ Edited by: Bamboo Ben on 2003-04-25 09:05 ]

T

Trustar, Little Susan and grandkids,Tikiboy Gage (6 yrs) and the exotic swaying grass skirt of Mackenzie (5 yrs) who has been taking hula lessons since the Gathering of the Clans last year. Look forward to seeing all good TC folks and even the bad.

Trustar

O
Otto posted on Wed, Feb 19, 2003 11:40 AM

officially sanctioned hotels associated with the Tiki Oasis event who offer similar quality, style, mindset, and pricing as the tropics are Terrazzo (which will not be a gay-only hotel May 9-11!!) 1-866-837-7996 and L'Horizon 800-377-7855 they are offering 25% off for Thurs and/or Sun if you book Fri/Sat

There are other hotels to be had at a cheaper rate, especially via internet booking. But if anyone has booked into Howard Johnsons I highly advise you to cancel and rebook at Motel 6 or Travel Lodge (both nearby tropics). HJ is scummy!

P

Puamana & Mr. Puamana will be there.

As far as I know, Al & Shelly and Bong will be there.

Count me in until I get there.
Lounge deVille

Me and Craig will be there, I booked this on time this year!

Which reminds me, what are travel plans from the Bay Area? Hey, Martiki, we should book a limo bus to take us down there...

M

Ooooh...a limo bus would be so sweet. We'd be so ruined by the time we got there.

We're going a little early and driving. We'll be thrifing our way across the great state of California. And it will be after tax time, so we won't have to keep saving like we are now. Yipee!

-martin

M

That sounds like a bag of fun, I'm jealous!

I'm a Comin'.

And when I said I'm jealous, I meant of the thrifting.

Heather and I will be there in full force.

I can't wait, a scant two months!

Formikahini has been very gracious and is sharing her room with me -- Caliente Tropics, here I come!

HOLY MOLY MAMA!

Miss Formikahini & Humuhumu in the same room???...they may need to put them in an undisclosed room and ban some members from from entering the area!! WOOHOO!

S u g a r C a d d y D a d d y

Now, now, now -- let's not be hasty.

On 2003-03-10 12:16, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
HOLY MOLY MAMA!

Miss Formikahini & Humuhumu in the same room???...they may need to put them in an undisclosed room and ban some members from from entering the area!! WOOHOO!

M

HOLY MOLY MAMA!

Yeah.. I think I know which member you might be talking about, SCD. :)

Here's a hint....nah, no hints. Just check out the photos of the crawl. :)

Good times,

-martin

SCD, I wonder who you could be talking about? Is there something we should know?

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: polynesianpop on 2003-03-10 20:50 ]

H

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :wink:

M
mig posted on Mon, Mar 10, 2003 7:00 PM

By the way-- although they are not members of Tiki Central, two other important guests have booked an Oasis weekend: Mama X and Papa X... which would be my parents!!

-mig

Heavens! I had no idea this sort of scandal was attaching itself to my name! Why, I nev-, uh, um, nevermind...

Looks like I need to check out the Tiki Crawl photos myself, Humuhumu, to find out just which suspicicious "bellboys" to not allow into our room! "But we didn't order anymore towels - hey! What's that live video camera doing in that towel you're putting in our bathroom? Where's your ID, buddy?"

And we may have made it a "threesome": the fabulous Queen of New Orleans, Miss Jeanne Vidrine may be joining us. She took Otto and me to the Sezarac Bar (sp?) in NOLA when Otto and I were both there for Tease-O-Rama I, and she was with me Hukilau 2002 - the sassy little blonde. Hot time at the Caliente Tropics!!

[ Edited by: formikahini on 2003-03-12 12:21 ]

HH

Wow I wish I was going so I could keep a look out for you lovly ladies. :wink:

HulaHula!
We know how hard it is for you to find the women...

You'll have to work on your shyness...

SugCadDad

May 11 is my birthday... and, more than likely, Tiki Oasis hangover day!

Just looking for people telling me I should go now :wink:

[ Edited by: tikimonkey on 2003-03-13 15:48 ]

S

Yeah baby!

Weezer & Chrissy are in and little Frankie will be there too!

Room 135 lives!!!

Believe it or not, the Hotel California (right across the street!) still has rooms available for $139 per night on the weekend of Tiki Oasis! Book now because there are only 17 units. Cool place! Here is the link:

http://www.hotelcaliforniaps.net

Hope this helps.

Aloha,

Arty

Peace, Love & Tiki!

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-03-23 18:39 ]

Damn Hula! Wait.......it's gotta be the hat. I set that pic of HH with his mouth all open as my screen saver.It's that good.

Well were back in fashion waiting for the tiki oasis bash..Uncle Arty,Floratina, Tikibong, Big Al'and bamboo ben get ready for libational fiesta......:drink: weezerhiphop

[ Edited by: weezer2222 on 2003-03-24 16:33 ]

S

Weezer will be singin' & swingin' his new bionic hip!

The Reef Bar is open and ready for all you drunks to par tay down!! Mr. C'Al and I will be going out for a little more decor before the event ala Oasis. Should be lookin good by the time you all arive.

It's gonna be an all time hooter.

Captain Ambience and others not "checked in" yet~

Are you going? Let me know here or you can email or Private Message me, so that I can add you to the list on page 1. Also, list your significant other and/or kids (with ages) if they are going.

hey anyone(hot girls) wanna let me crash on there floor???????? I got the weekend off but no room! Arrg!

A

BoogerCaddyDaddy (just kidding) - I forgot to yell "here" for your Oasis roll call. Naomi and I will be there! Also, I might be filling in one of the dj spots ("DJ Kapu Cabana") in one of the music breaks.

We were looking into lodging since Caliente's sold out - I know there were the official recommendations, but I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about any of the following:

Azure Sky Resort
Bermuda Palms
Stardust Hotel
Royal Sun Inn
The Tiki Spa Hotel (???)
Musicland

These are supposedly all within stumbling distance of Caliente, but have very intriguing names!

-Randy

AquaRJ~
I don't know about the places you mentioned, hopefully someone can give you more info.

FYI~I'll be arriving on Thursday night, so if Mig, Hanford, or anyone needs some help with their setup, just let know.

Just don't ask me to hold your forehead while you worship the porcelain gods.

PalmSpringin'CaddyDaddy

I'm bumping this thread back up in order to remind all of you to make your dinner reservations ahead of time.

Remember, it is Mother's Day weekend, and there will be plenty of other visitors to Palm Springs other than us! You don't want to spend extra time at a restaurant waiting for a table when you could make a reservation, eat, and get back to the fun with the rest of us at The Tropics!

Some of you will probably just make this your "liquid diet weekend", but here are some of my recommendations:
Breakfast: Sherman's Deli, Billy Reeds, IHOP-(it actually is a pretty good one).
Lunch: Sherman's Deli, Billy Reeds, Del Rios, Hamburger Hamlet, and, of course, the famous "only open for lunch" Tyler's Burgers (get the sliders!)
Dinner: Davey's Hideaway, My Way Restaurant, Kaiser Grill, The Palm Springs Chop House, or "The Deck" which is above the Chop House with a lighter menu (and easier on the wallet), Lord Fletcher Inn, The Falls Steakhouse & Martini Bar.

....just to name a few I've frequented.

For more, you can check out The Desert Dining Guide, and while your at it, you can check out the local publication, Palm Springs Life Magazine, especially if you're going to get in a round of golf. Sorry, no tiki golf there, unless Chiki & CrazyAl want to lug some carvings onto the course! Maybe Weird Uncle can stroll & strum on his uke for entertainment!

PalmSpringin'CaddyDaddy

Check out "Eli's Deli" N.palm canyon dr. Very filling. (Eli. not, Ely!)Casey sent us there last time we were out workin on the Reef Bar @ Caliente. Stuffed for days!

Don't forget Hooters in Palm Desert off 111
:o One of the waitresses has a cool tiki tattoo :lol:

Count me & the mrs in. We won't be staying at the Tropics though, we've arranged other accomodations. We'll be staying at the Plaza Resort on Golf Club Dr. (where we spent our honeymoon...how romantical). Don't quite remember how far that is from the Tropics, but it's a hell of a lot closer than San Diego I'm damn sure.

Hey Ship!
Someone told me that Black Flag is palying "very close" to the area of Oasis.

Ben,
Sounds great! Any idea who the current band line up is? I hope Greg Ginn & Dez Cadena are still around. I dug out my "Repo Man" soundtrack LP the other day and busted up at the Circle Jerks acoustic lounge arrangement of "when the shit hits the fan". Remember in the movie they were up on stage wearing '70's style matching jackets & bow ties while Emilio Estevez shook his head and said "...and I used to like these guys".

Hukilau in da Hale!

Just scored a Cabana at the Caliente.

I may be crazy enough to upgrade to a suite if anyone was interested in sharing the Love. Humu? Formica? Applicants will be considered based on poise, swimsuit and bongo skills.

Matthew E. "Hukilau" Brown

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

[ Edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-04-25 02:15 ]

D

We are sooo there!!!
Deb & Gogo

got tiki attire?
click on http://www.debagogo.com for cool aloha wear! email us to get $5 bucks off your order.

[ Edited by: DEBAGOGO on 2003-05-02 08:00 ]

Pages: 1 2 74 replies