Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Boom Boom Room in Atlanta

Pages: 1 0 replies

A new "tiki bar" opened here about a month or so ago...I have been twice..lets see where shall I begin...This bar has been opened by some people who have a chain of bar/restaurants in the Atl area...I feel they are jumping on something they think will be exotic because their "martini bar" in the same location nosedived...anyways it is located in a house on a trendy bar street in Midtown Atlanta...It is two floors,with the most outstanding feature being the fireplace with a huge tiki head around it and the open mouth exposing the flames..the drinks are strong and not cheap..starting at 7 bucks and going to 25 for a drink for 2...but hey we have Trader Vics right down the street....the cocktails there are around the same..but at TV's you do not have to listen to top 40 music AAAAGGGHHH! and see sports on the TV [ha ha get it TV,AND TV ] nevermind...but I went recently and after 2 drinks I was drunk,yes drunk! If we can get the Boom Boom Room to get serious ..Atlanta could be soon be
a tikibar land mark! So all you people from the South East when you come to Atlanta check out the Boom Boom,all the drinks are served in Tikifarm or Dynasty Wholesale mugs,all so familair and comforting and once the horrible music is enough take a cab to Trader Vics the real deal only about 10 blocks away!!!

Pages: 1 0 replies