Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Honolulu Harry's & Wiki Wiki Lounge-Grand Opening

Pages: 1 14 replies

Reminiscent of the 40's & 50's restaurants & Tiki bars from the Hawaiian Islands...Honolulu Harry's and the Wiki Wiki Lounge is what an "Island Vacation" is all about!

Come see our bigger than life water flowing pineapple and our Crystal Lagoon Water Fall". Once you have entered the doors, you know you have arrived in paradise.

Grand Opening on April 16th for dinner. Call for times and directions.
Address: 370 N. McKinley Street, Corona. (909) 272-9753.
http://www.honoluluharrys.com

honolulu harrys wrote:
Honolulu Harry's and the Wiki Wiki Lounge
Grand Opening on April 16th for dinner.
Address: 370 N. McKinley Street, Corona
(909) 272-9753
http://www.honoluluharrys.com

cue Mission Impossible theme
Could this be Special Tiki Central Agent Pop's first assignment, considering it's (kind of) in his area?

:sheckymug: Always trying to keep my Calendar up-to-date! :sheckymug:

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-04-10 14:22 ]

Corona as in land of the 4-wheel drive mullets?

Actually, there's one closer to me in Chino. I'm not really excited about it - it used to be a Crabby Bob's and the last time I was there I got incredibly terrible service. So much so that I mailed a letter to the manager to complain about it. And guess what they did in return to resolve it? .....Absolutely nothing! No correspondence, No acknowledgement whatsoever.

If the management and staff are the same, I'm sure the crappy service will still be the same as well.

Worst part is we were there to celebrate my wife's birthday. She was really bummed about the sh*tty experience.

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-10 16:03 ]

T

Hey, hey, hey there Bong. Not all of us have mullets out here. Some of us couldn't is we wanted to. As a 909'r for a few more weeks I have to stand up for my meth freak brethren. We live around the corner from the "new" place. This location should be a good one but it must be a management issue over there. It started out as a Soup Plantation, which was always busy. Just closed up for over two years. Then it was opened as some funky mexican restruant which crashed and burned before 6 to 8 months were up. Next resurection was as Crabby Bob's. Catered to the yuppie biker crowd but at least buile an outside patio/deck and had live music. Didn't like the crowd/drinks/food so never spent any time there. This time around maybe it will actualy turn out to be something though I think the site is a jinx. One can only hope as Corona Hills could use something fun to stay open for a while.

HB here we come.

Trustar

PolynesianPop wrote:
I'm not really excited about it...the last time I was there I got incredibly terrible service...I mailed a letter to the manager to complain...guess what they did in return to resolve it?...Absolutely nothing! No correspondence, No acknowledgement whatsoever.

Well then, hopefully Honolulu Harry's will read this and will cordially invite some of us to come in to prove that they have changed their ways by offering us Hoity Toity Tiki Central Service and not just come on our board to spam us one time with advertising.

After all, if I owned a bar/restaurant, you better believe I'd invite my fellow Tiki Central members to come in for extra special service!

Ok Honolulu Harry's! What do you say?

ZagatCaddyDaddy

L
laney posted on Thu, Apr 10, 2003 2:49 PM

Pop, the letter writer, did you or anyone else send a letter of complaint to Billy's? I wonder what they would do with 40+ letters?

Laney,
Yes, I did send a letter to Billy's and also received no response. However, unlike Crabby Bob's, I didn't expect one from Billy's. Explained that we delivered a busload of 50 paying customers happy to order MaiTai's ...not that it mattered to them. Seems like us Freaky Tiki's aren't welcome unless we're Upper Crust Yuppie types.

Unbelievable, I tell you! If I were a business owner, I'd never tell anyone to get out of my store/restaurant/bar. I'd be happy to take ALL their money in exchange for a smile and good service. Doesn't seem like a lot to deliver to someone willing to give you their hard earned cash.

BTW - For those Hoity Toity's who attended the OC Tiki Crawl and want to do the same, the owner's name is Billy Craig. I suggest you complain as well. Like Laney said, maybe 40+ letters from us can open their eyes.

Billy's on the Beach
Attention: Billy Craig
2751 West Coast Hwy.
Newport Beach,CA 92663
949-722-1100

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-10 16:06 ]

On 2003-04-10 14:28, PolynesianPop wrote:
Actually, there's one closer to me in Chino. I'm not really excited about it - it used to be a Crabby Bob's and the last time I was there I got incredibly terrible service. So much so that I mailed a letter to the manager to complain about it. And guess what they did in return to resolve it? .....Absolutely nothing! No correspondence, No acknowledgement whatsoever.

If the management and staff are the same, I'm sure the crappy service will still be the same as well.

Poynesian Pop, I am sorry your experience at Crabby Bobs was not a good one, and Honolulu Harrys is going to do everything we can to make your next outting a positive one. In the future a letter is a good way to go to voice complaints or positive ideas but talking to a manager at the restuarant will get their attention. Then send a letter to corporate. I do have to say that Crabby Bobs did very well at Chino and Corona but after we sold the concept, we thought it would be nice to focus on a new idea. We look forward to seeing you there.

On 2003-04-10 14:49, laney wrote:
Pop, the letter writer, did you or anyone else send a letter of complaint to Billy's? I wonder what they would do with 40+ letters?

Laney,
That would never happen at Honolulu Harrys. If you call in advance we will make sure you are well taken care of. Just for the record Billy's has no affiliation with Crabby Bob's

On 2003-04-10 14:41, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

PolynesianPop wrote:
I'm not really excited about it...the last time I was there I got incredibly terrible service...I mailed a letter to the manager to complain...guess what they did in return to resolve it?...Absolutely nothing! No correspondence, No acknowledgement whatsoever.

Well then, hopefully Honolulu Harry's will read this and will cordially invite some of us to come in to prove that they have changed their ways by offering us Hoity Toity Tiki Central Service and not just come on our board to spam us one time with advertising.

After all, if I owned a bar/restaurant, you better believe I'd invite my fellow Tiki Central members to come in for extra special service!

Ok Honolulu Harry's! What do you say?

ZagatCaddyDaddy

SugarCaddy Daddy,
Please come out and join us for our Grand Opening on the 16th of April. Understand this restuarant Honolulu Harrys has nothing to do with Crabby Bobs. As a restuarant owner you can understand that servers some times do not take the same care with your business as you would. That's why its important that management and corporate are made aware of bad service so that we can correct the error. Hope you give us a chance Honolulu Harrys

Honolulu Harry,
Thanks for the reply to my post. I'm sure as a restaurant owner it concerns you when a customer is not happy with their experience. I must say I'm happy to hear that you no longer have an affiliation with Crabby Bob's. However, my last experience there left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm really hesitant to visit that location again - and my wife shares the same sentiment. Honestly, I still feel as though that bad experience was never rectified and now, knowing that Crabby Bob's has changed hands completely, I feel as though it will never be resolved.

Like our experience at Billy's, it almost feels like there's nothing one can do. The restaurant will get a steady stream of customers anyway regardless of complaints. It seems like the only time an establishment will do something right is when they feel there could be a significant impact on their business. For example, only now that my complaint has been posted here on a public forum, do I feel like I'm finally getting a response.

On 2003-04-10 16:13, honolulu harrys wrote:
Then send a letter to corporate.

I didn't do this simply because I assumed (wrongly) that the restaurant manager was empowered enough to resolve this himself. I shouldn't have to contact the corporate office to have a simple complaint rectified.

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-10 18:16 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-10 18:15 ]

T

Honolulu Harrys

I too would like to thank you for your response to the posts from some of us who have visited the past establishments. Having worked in the service industry for many years it is always difficult to apologize for the sins of others. I think you have handled the, possibly unexpected, comments extreamly well. I, for one, will always give someone/someplace a second chance if it was just not to my liking. Hope the new place does well.

Trustar

Geesh the guy spams the board to promote his psuedo-tiki bar and then doesn't even offer a free dinner to someone who shut him down.. says it all

..next time go with the Buffet theme

Pages: 1 14 replies