Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Don Ho @ Barracuda Magazine 5th anniv. party Aug. 9th!

Pages: 1 8 replies

Don Ho is going to be playing in Los Angeles at Barracuda Magazine's 5th Anniversary Party at the Key Club, August 9th. He will be accompanied by his daughter, Hoku.

The show is called "Night Of The Tiki" and will also feature the instrumental surf stylings of The Dynotones, plus Tiki Goddess Burlesque Exotica & Special Guests!

There will also be a Shag tiki print art show curated by Copro/Nason Gallery, and new Shag tiki prints will be released that night!

for all the info, visit http://www.barracudamagazine.com and click on the "live events" link.

The Key Club is at 9039 Sunset Blvd. W Hollywood, CA - 310.274.5800

T

Sounds like a great event however is the new Shag prints that you're talking about in conjunction with the Kava Kava and the Bartender that Copro is releasing or something entirely different?

Wow! That's great! I hope you get a big crowd for your event. Unfortunately, there might not be too many TC'ers at the show since it is The 1st Annual International Tiki Day being celebrated at TC's Baxdogs tropical paradise in Tustin. We might have to catch The Don on Sunday at The Coach House.

Good luck on your event!

On 2003-07-04 00:18, tikichic wrote:
Sounds like a great event however is the new Shag prints that you're talking about in conjunction with the Kava Kava and the Bartender that Copro is releasing or something entirely different?

It will be those two prints, plus a new print of Don Ho (the Shag image from the invite), hopefully signed by both Shag AND Don Ho.

So much to do tis day and to think it fell on the same day as my frined's wedding in Malibu. Oh Lord, why do you mock me so!?!?

Bcuda, welcome to TC. The event sounds cool, talking with Sven and Naomi about the shindig. I understand that Don Ho is going on first. If any of y'all are gonna go, show up early. I gotta take care of my TC family so....maybe both?

Dude I'm just trying to figure it all out. Wedding is at 3 in Malibu. Good friends wedding trumps everything else, but the wedding should be done before to late so I should be able to sneak out early. I'm wondering if Ican make it all the way to Tustin or if I should just try to catch the Don Ho show. Maybe get there earlyfor Don Ho from the wedding, then afterwards jam all the way down to Tustin. This means no time for changing though so I will be partying in a suit. I gotta figure all this out.

[ Edited by: suicide_sam on 2003-07-31 20:45 ]

On the bright side, I look damn good in a suit!

Barracudamag,
Are you the editor?
Either way, I just got my 5th anniversary Barracuda in the mail yesterday. Great edition. My Dad bought a new Barracuda convertible and shipped it to Hawaii in '69. When my mom would pick us up at school, the kids would start chanting "cuda, cuda, cuda" like some kind of ancient Polynesian Mopar chant. That is my favorite car of all time, so I had to subscribe to your magazine. Sorry I can't make your party, but it it sounds fantastic.

Pages: 1 8 replies