Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

TikiMaxtons in Seattle Friday, 8/29 & Saturday 8/30

Pages: 1 9 replies

Sorry for the late notice, but Maggie got a wild hair and decided we should head up to Seattle for some superior nightlife. We'll be up that way this afternoon, and have some time to kill this evening and tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon & evening too. I'd love to hook up with any Seattlites interested in meeting for a drink someplace, but we won't be able to hook up via email obviously, due to the short notice. If you would like to meet us for a drink, call me on my cell phone at 971-506-2540.

We're staying with Maggie's sister up in Mukilteo, but will be spending most of our time in the city, and our schedule is flexible. So give us a call if you've got some time to kill with your PDX counterparts...

Woohoo! Hooray for wild hairs! I'm up for whatever. I'll give the TikiMaxtons a call this afternoon, if any local Seattleites wanna get together, you can email me or call me (206-349-1362) & I'll coordinate.

For the TikiMaxtons, in case you haven't left yet: as you probably know, Bumbershoot is happening here this weekend, which you may be interested in checking out while you're up here.

H

I just got a last-minute invitation to hop on a boat in Lake Union this afternoon -- if anyone wants to hook up with the TikiMaxtons tonight, either try calling them directly, or call my cell -- I won't be checking my email until tonight.

Well, Hell-! Maybe Saturday at the Islander? I'll try maxton on his cell manana...And if we do meet up I'll try and stitch my brand new custom tikicentral.org patch on a jacket, y'know, to be cool.

E

I always find out about these NW events too late. :( One day maybe we can meet up...I hope so! :) I hope you all had a great time!

On 2003-09-03 20:35, Exoticat wrote:
I hope you all had a great time!

Exoticat, Sorry we couldn't have given more notice. We'll get together someday, though. Humuhumu met us at Islander and we proceded to paint the town many shades of red. It was a dancing excursion rather than a tiki excursion, and we hit a number of cool clubs. Humuhumu is a fun, energetic, flexible and gracious local guide and the NW tiki scene will be the poorer for her departure...

E

I'm sure this is very true! :( :( :( :(

I might open up the Tiki Room for Halloween (possibly doing something the next night with a couple of girlfriends so tying in the Day of The Dead with Halloween). Anyways, if you are up this way that weekend, let me know! I'm easy to find, just a couple miles off of I-5. I'm going to temporarily turn it into the Tiki Room of Horrors in October and already have some Halloween pint glasses for the bar. May as well put all those rubbermaids full of Halloween crap to use! ha ha

Also, I've been meaning to tell you that it was the UMPQUA river that we river rafted back in June...NOT the Crooked as I think I may have said. We did do the Crooked River Mystery Dinner Train though...both were fun. I haven't been to Oregon since.

I'm still not making it to this board with regularity, so if some NW event comes up, and you happen to think of it, email me!

Thanks ~ Sandra :)

p.s. Are you guys going to attend the Shag show in Seattle in December? I'm going to try and make it to that if possible.

E

I'm sure this is very true! :( :( :( :(

I might open up the Tiki Room for Halloween (possibly doing something the next night with a couple of girlfriends so tying in the Day of The Dead with Halloween). Anyways, if you are up this way that weekend, let me know! I'm easy to find, just a couple miles off of I-5. I'm going to temporarily turn it into the Tiki Room of Horrors in October and already have some Halloween pint glasses for the bar. May as well put all those rubbermaids full of Halloween crap to use! ha ha

Also, I've been meaning to tell you that it was the UMPQUA river that we river rafted back in June...NOT the Crooked as I think I may have said. We did do the Crooked River Mystery Dinner Train though...both were fun. I haven't been to Oregon since.

I'm still not making it to this board with regularity, so if some NW event comes up, and you happen to think of it, email me!

Thanks ~ Sandra :)

p.s. Are you guys going to attend the Shag show in Seattle in December? I'm going to try and make it to that if possible.

Exoticat, I'd love to contact you offline for future NW tiki events, but your email address doesn't appear in your profile. Send me a message at [email protected] and I'll make sure you get an email when stuff is happening.

Don't know what our halloween plans are - we're pretty heavily involved with a really elaborate haunted house down here and will probably be working. Turns out we're not the only tikiheads involved with this particular haunt (Scream at the Beach in Jantzen Beach), but I'm not gonna "out" the other TCers - they can do that themselves if they choose.

Shag in December is a maybe - can't think that far in advance, but it sounds fun. Maybe we could scrape up a NWTC contingent to visit en masse (not that the masse would be that big, but what the hell)...

E

I am going to email you right now...

Pages: 1 9 replies