Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

!!!!!!!!!Bay Area Home Bar Tour #2: Aug16th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies

M

As mentioned by Heather in the past, she and I thought it would be a good idea to start a progressive tour through the summer and fall of Tiki Central members' home bars. Heather & Craig hosted the first one and it was great, despite the low (i.e. me) turnout among Tiki Central members. Now I'm up on the rotation, and we're looking at Friday August 16th, starting around 7:30 - 8:00. Think of it as your after work happy hour destination. Sorry about the late notice- I sit and post all the time, and never get around to what I HAVE to post!

This is a tradition that I really want to see get off the ground. Everyone on this list in the Bay Area and anyone who will be here (or is willing to drive!) is cordially invited. Please post to this thread if you will be joining us. I'll be happy if it's 10 people for relaxed cocktails, or if it's 30 people for a full-on hukilau. (Though my little apartment can't hold much more than that!) We'll have snacks and there's plenty of great restaurants in our neighborhood for dinner. (I'll post a list later). So come and join the fun! I also want to use CafePress to make tour shirts at the end of the home bar tour for our members to wear with pride.

Friday, August 16th

Martin & Rebecca's Tiki Bar ("The Foggy Grotto")
447 Seventh Avenue, Apt. 2 (between Geary and Anza)
San Francisco
H: 415-387-0145

If the turnout looks low, we'll reschedule, but the gods demand that you come.

-martin

T

If you do have it that night I'm almost positive I can make it. Lookin forward to seeing your place and hanging out with you two again. If I wasn't gonna be moving soon I'd have one at my place...I'll have to have an open house tiki party when I get moved into the new place.

M

Alright, what's the story here? Can anyone else make it or should I reschedule? C'mon team, I'm pouring refreshing cocktails... and you're thirsty.

I see that the BigBadTikiDaddy and Randy are hot on my heels with another shindig on the 24th. (wish I could make it, but I'll be out of town. I'll be at the Hala Kahiki, though, so I can't complain). Is this too many parties too soon, Bay Area types? Let me know- I'm flexible....

-martin

M

Sorry Martin, Mr Smiley will be in Vegas.

On 2002-08-05 18:04, martiki6 wrote:
Alright, what's the story here? Can anyone else make it or should I reschedule? C'mon team, I'm pouring refreshing cocktails... and you're thirsty.

I'm planning to attend, as you're practically in my neighborhood!

--cindy in the Sunset

:Drink

I won't be able to make it. :(

Did you post an announcement in the main forum too? just post an announcmnt there and include a link over to this thread.

~Hanford

A
aquarj posted on Mon, Aug 5, 2002 7:06 PM

Martiki, I wanna come, but I'll be in LA then, or more accurately, on I-5 on the way to LA. Sorry that you will miss the Belmont tiki nite brewing for the 24th! Haven't worked out details for that one with SmallGoodTikiJunior (just kidding, BigBadTikiDaddy) yet though.

Sorry, I wish i could come but I have pre-existig plans also
I always hate posting regrets or I would've responded sooner.
I would love to come to the next one.

uh, "goodsmalltikijunior"???
careful Randy, I'll send my nephew* down the hill to stay with you!
*see my "kharma" thread in the collecting tiki forum.

T

Hi Martiki. Nice meeting you at the Martin Denny tribute show a couple weeks ago.

Sorry for this delayed reply. Gretchen and I are throwing a party that same weekend and I didn't know if we'd be able to make it. Fridays are tough for me as I'm usually pretty exhausted and not in much of a partying mood by Friday night (getting old sucks!)
Anyway, if you keep it on this date, we'll try to make it, but no guarantees :(

Tiki-bot

T

Yikes...doesn't look good for many people that day, maybe reschedule for September?

M

OK- Well, I tried. Sorry that this isn't going to work out for folks. In the fine tradition of cancelling parties (Sven- always the trendsetter!), this party is being postponed. Taking into account the negative response to Friday nights, the new date is:

Saturday, September 21st at 8:00pm*

Hanford- Please lock this thread so I can start a new one with the new date.

Come visit me at the new thread to RSVP. Hope folks can make it. Call it a warm up for those going to LA the next weekend.

-martin

Pages: 1 10 replies