Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

UPDATE: 'Ona Tiki launch party at Tiki Ti's NEXT WEDNESDAY! 3-31-04

Pages: 1 27 replies

Hey everybody,
'Ona Tiki invites you to attend our launch party at Tiki Ti's on Wednesday, March 31st starting at 6:00PM
This party is open to the public, everyone (of age) is welcome. For more info about 'Ona Tiki, go to http://www.onatiki.com

There will be over 80 items to give away, and maybe a couple of surprises (wink wink).
We'll be spinning vintage Hawaiian and exotica tunes until 7:00, so come early, have some fun and see what we've been up to for the past few months. Look for us in the front corner of the bar, next to the turntable.

Tiki Ti's is located at 4427 Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood. If you plan on having drinks there (which are amazing) be sure to bring cash, because they don't accept credit cards.
You may also want to bring a driver because they mix em up stout. 21 and over, only.
Here is Tiki Ti's website for info or a map: http://www.tiki-ti.com

If you have any questions, you can post here, email me at [email protected] or you can contact Tikitanked at [email protected]

We're looking forward to seeing you at the party!

Cheers,

Miles

Visit 'Ona Tiki

spoop evah stuj sikit nworb mose

[ Edited by: Evil Mastermind on 2004-02-16 23:07 ]

[ Edited by: Evil Mastermind on 2004-03-26 17:20 ]

[ Edited by: Evil Mastermind on 2004-03-30 18:46 ]

H

What's that you say? Another excuse to go to Tiki-Ti? Well, I suppose I can manage to show up.

Congrats on getting the biz started up again! Should be fun.

Will the products be available for purchase?I love the Coltrane "Mickey's big mouth" style mug.
Does it have its name emblazzoned on the back?

O

Hey ChrisTiki 295,
We will have some of the mugs there for people to look at, but no sales. There are a few of the black version of the Coltrane mug left, you can contact me at [email protected] if you are interested in one.
I may attempt to drink a Zombie out of our Zombie mug, 70 oz. of a Tiki Ti Zombie, yummy. Bring out the wheelbarrel, i may be taking a fall that night. Watching me bob, weave, and yark may make the trip out worth it.
Hopefully we will see you, a few of the TC folks we have met, and some new faces that night.
TT

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-09 21:36 ]

A little party teaser;

some of the 78s we will play:

Jamaica Rum-Ruth Wallis
selections from Voice of the Xtabay-Yma Sumac
Kolopa-George Kainapau
"E Liliu E"-The Kalama Brothers
Hola E Pae-Andy Cummings and his Hawaiian Serenaders
Hukilau-John K. Almeida and His Hawaiians
Hawaiian Sunset-Hina Welelani Kerr's Wahine Troubadors
Polynesian Love Song-Al Kealoha Perry and His Singing Surfriders

That is a taste of the exotic sounds you will hear. We will also be playing selections from a few albums as well.

Try to make it as early after 6pm as you can, I am going to start playing these tunes when Tiki Ti opens until 7 or 7:30. If the vibe is right, and everyone is digging it, maybe Mike will let up keep playing the records later into the evening.

We will put a teaser photo up this weekend of some of the goodies we intend to hand out.

Hope to see you all there.

Aloha kaua

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-12 17:22 ]

A teaser photo of some of the goodies we will give a way. Most have been customized so that almost all the amulets and shot glasses are one of a kind.
Hope to see you there.

Ona Tiki launch party Rescheduled Hello, We just got a call from Mike (from Tiki Ti) to tell us that they will probably be closed this Wednesday. They are having major plumbing problems and as of right now are not sure how serious. Please check in with the Tiki Ti website for details on how many days they will be shut down, http://www.Tiki-Ti.com. We wish them a speedy fix to their plumbing. This means that the Ona Tiki launch party is going to be rescheduled.
Mike is hoping that they will be open by next week; if that is the case we will have the launch party there on Wednesday, February 25th. We will post updates as we get information.
Thanks,
`Ona Tiki

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-17 07:51 ]

Thanks SCD, forgot the hyphen.
Tiki Ti's site is now updated with the closure info.

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-16 23:40 ]

Hey everybody!
We are back on track for our "launch" party. Tiki Ti's managed to finally defeat their plumbing dragon and will be pleased to host us all next Wednesday, March 31st (that's 2004, people) starting at 6:00 sharp.

So come one and all for many 'Ona Tiki giveaways and action-packed surprises.

Don't forget to bring cash if you plan on trying their awe-inspiring cocktails.

Tikitanked and I look forward to meeting you there.

Contact either of us if you've any questions.

Cheers!

Miles

Visit 'Ona Tiki

spoop evah stuj sikit nworb mose

[ Edited by: Evil Mastermind on 2004-03-26 17:25 ]

Yes, woo hoo!
Please try to make it there at 6pm, the party is open to everyone and the goodies may disappear quickly. We will post an update about the raffle after we hammer out the details with Mike this evening.
See you Wednesday!
TT

I'm so glad the Tiki Ti is up and running again. And it's on a wednesday--time to belly up to the bar and take in a Grey's Mistake!

Cheeky,
Looking forward to seeing you there. Yes, a Ray's Mistake on a Wednesday is a must. Take in the new floor, a perfect drink (or a few), a freebie from `Ona Tiki, good 78's, and a chance to win a surprise....but hopefully not a bad hangover.
TT

UtopianDreem & i will definitely try to get their.

On 2004-03-27 00:01, tikitanked wrote:
... Yes, a Ray's Mistake on a Wednesday is a must. Take in the new floor, a perfect drink (or a few), a freebie from `Ona Tiki, good 78's, and a chance to win a surprise....but hopefully not a bad hangover.
TT

That is always the risk - Thursday's enjoyment snuck up on me Friday night & I couldn't shake it off. However, far too much fun to miss.

As of now, it looks like I'm in. I am actually going to try to get there later this afternoon in order to avoid the "after 3:30pm" traffic. I will be swooping down on the local thrift/antique shops. Lookout!

TikiBird, CT295, SCD,
Looking forward to seeing all of you tonight. I know you all have a drive to make it out, so thanks for making the trip to launch, ... the company that is, not the Ray's Mistakes or your dinner.
BigBroTiki, thanks for the note, sorry you can't make it but I am sure you are having a blast in Chicago.
6 hours to a Tiki Ti Zombie!
TT

6:00 p.m., damn--that’s early for us poor slobs that hafta work until 6:00 p.m. Tell me will there still be any “give a ways” for
belated arrivals? Or will the Early Birds get all the worms? How about if I hop up and down on one leg, play the kazoo, whilst
singing I’m a Little Tiki Tea Pot? I'll be there regardless with with Johnny Rotten Tiki--violating every traffic law on the books to get to the Tiki Ti!

Don't worry, there are a LOT of giveaways, and we'll be sure to space them out for the "fashionably late". See you there!

-Miles

Hey SugarCadDad!!?? How do you get that monkey to post along with your postings?? I wanna ad a Tiki to mine.

JohnnyRotten

Super-swell time last night! Thanks, Ona Tiki guys for the shot glass. My grandma really enjoyed meeting you and she even took the pendant you gave her into the restaurant to show off. Great art, great music, great drinks, great folks; last night was just, well, great!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

M

What a great night! Congrats to EvilMastermind & TikiTanked for their new launch! It was my first time at the Tiki-Ti and I had a blast! IT was good meeting other TC-ers too!! Already wanting to go back!!!

TB

Congrats Tikitanked & Evil Mastermind, your launch party for Ona Tiki was excellant! UtopianDreem & I enjoyed the party, as well as meeting SugarCaddyDaddy, CheekyGirl, Johnnyrottentiki, & Aquarj.

Last time at the Tiki-Ti, Humuhum ordered a Bloodi Tiki and damn it looked good! I couldn't wait for the re-opening to order me one. It's not your typical "tropical" drink, but it was DAMN good!

The place was packed, standing room only, JRT and I waited about 30 minutes by the door, peering in and salivating at the drinks and at Ona Tiki's wares. I know TCer's were probably busy packing for the SF Crawl, they were missed, of course, but missed out. The give a ways were stunning. We drank like sieves and collected enough raffle tickets to pull up a winning number. A divine Coltrane mug with a bromedliad plant.

Thanks to the Tiki-Ti and "Ona Tiki's" for a great evening. And of course, it was nice meeting everyone that I hadn't met before! Cheers!

TikiTanked, Mahalo for a wonderfully intoxicating time and thank you to Onatiki for the Coltrane mug & the incredible Hugo pendant.

I loved the evening's exotica tunes, so did Mike, he told me it reminded him of when Tiki-Ti opened in the '60s and his dad played that kind of music.

Mahalo to King Kukulele and Aquarj for keeping me company outside in line and for MRiddle for wadding through the crowd to say hello.

However, I'm not sure if anything tops the SugarCaddyDaddy caddy.

O

Thanks to all of you for making our launch party such a treat. It was nice to meet many of you for the first time, and always great to see everyone else. WeirdUncleTiki's Grandmother was a hoot.

We are very greatful to Mike and Mike for hosting our shindig. There was no other place we even considered for our launch. We got to play 78's and vynil until 10, to the delight of myself and many attendees. Mike was also very helpful in our efforts for making the party run as smooth as cocnut cream.

When i get my camera back from Mike I will post the photos.

Thank you all again,
TT

Very cool event at the Tiki Ti!! Bitchen drinks and even more bitchen give-a-ways. Tiki-Tanked?? I've got some pics from the event too!! How would I post them??

Thanks again from me and CheekyTikiGirl

T

Hello all,

My wife and I decided to visit the Tiki-Ti on the one perfect night we could be in LA. We were honored to meet the people from Ona Tiki and they were absolutely great! They gave us some very nice items that we will cherish always and we were just so thrilled to have stumbled upon them at the right time. We had no idea that the launch party was going on...we just got very very lucky.

I wanted to take this time to thank all of them and the people at Tiki-Ti for the generousity and hospitality. You made some Okie-transplants very happy to be back in our homeland.

All the best to everyone.

Glenn Bloom
Oklahoma City

Pages: 1 27 replies