Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Kahaka's Tiki Lamps

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 483 replies

T

On 2015-08-02 12:29, KAHAKA wrote:

Déjà vu,
This light looks like the ideas I gave to Jamie with the colored glass trick.

Hard to get that kind of bright colors any other way.

K
KAHAKA posted on Tue, Aug 4, 2015 8:12 PM

Yep... Jamie and I have chatted about this style... but, at the same time,
I've been doing work with colored glass for years, Skip. Check the thread. :wink:

T

Sure I know you have.
But this is the idea I gave Jamie on how to color that glass.
Just did not know if you knew that Idea came from me.
Was not sure till he told me it was.
Small world right?

K
KAHAKA posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2015 9:02 AM

The glass is already colored, Skip.

T

Woody

Lamps are looking great! See you at T.O.

K

Thanks Mike... Your piece for the Oasis art show looks space-tastic! Awesome work. See ya there!

K

Aloha,

Here are a few lamps I've completed recently.

Thanks for looking!
Woody

R

My god that double barrel tiki lamp is amazing. Just simply amazing. Great job.

AF

OUTSTANDING!

H

Amazing work.

K

All too kind, all too kind. Happy New Year, everyone. Mahalo plenty and all the best in 2016.

K

A pal of mine wanted a bird cage style Trader Vic's lamp. I'm no basket weaver, or birdcage maker, but this is what I came up with.

T

The Holy Grail of lights I would say.
Good job, have wanted to make one forever.

Is this for Matt in Fla?
That guy wanted me to make this light for him forever.

The fact that this post got Nuttin, zero replies speaks to TCs slow death.
Ten people putting on a show that soon no one will watch, but those ten people.

Too bad their used to be great stuff here on TC.

I would say keep postin but why bother when posts like this get less replies than say
a smoking tiki fountain.

P

Kahaka,

I don't post very often, but that double lamp, and the bird cage lamp are incredible...Please keep posting, and I just have to start posting to try to help keep the place alive. Thanks for the kick in the butt Skip.

Paul

C
cy posted on Wed, Jan 27, 2016 8:22 AM

SUPERB KAHAKA!

Didn't see until today

This is awesome
Makes me wish my bar had more outlets up high

Meaning of Kahaka in English - Maori to English Dictionary
dict.moari.com/words/meaning-of-KAHAKA-in-english.html
Jan 14, 1916 - Kahaka (Kahaka) meaning in English : BEST TIKI LAMP BUILDER/DESIGNER OUT THERE!

D

Love it, love it, love it! Awesome!!

K

Wow... Irony at its very best. I honestly came back to post my goodbye to Tiki Central, and now I see this. Sincere mahalos, everyone. The slow death of TC has been hard to watch. Used to enjoy coming here everyday to get away a little. We all know how it's changed, and how the Internet has changed since TC's inception. I know there's a lot of folks out there from the "old days" of TC that feel the same way. If the light of TC is still flickering, I'll come keep coming back.

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2016-01-28 18:32 ]

H

That would be nice, come back and show us more of your fantastic lamps.

E
Egar posted on Sat, Feb 6, 2016 5:34 PM

Best lamp I have seen

AF

On 2015-12-18 16:04, KAHAKA wrote:

Aloha,

Here are a few lamps I've completed recently.

Thanks for looking!
Woody

Just looking back at some of your latest creations Woody, truly wonderful & inspiring works! Cocktail Mood Lighting at it's best!

Don't give up on TC Haka...your artistry is amazing. Some time in the future I need to collaborate with you to have a custom chandelier made for my dining room.

K

Thanks folks! Vampiress... We need to make it happen!!

These are the latest...

Cheers,
Woody

K

S

Just amazing Woody. I'm blown away by each and every one. If i could only pick one i'd probably get someone else to do it for me as there is no way i could decide on a favourite myself.

H

Perfection.

D
Danno posted on Fri, May 13, 2016 7:21 AM

Oh Man, Oh Man!! I just love, love, love your LAMPS! Awesome work!

Everything is fantastic
Keep postin (especially for those of us who only "internet" on TC)
:)

T

Top Notch Work,

K

Mahalo everybody... Hope you're all having a great weekend.

I found a float at Home Goods that had a hole cut in it, but a flat glass lid had been glued on to cover the hole. I steamed the lid to heat the glue and popped it off. I shoved a 15" puffer inside, fogged the inside glass, and tied a top hoop to hang it. I finally have a lamp of my own to keep. It's been years since I've had one of my own lamps. I'm keeping it in my garage to force me to get out there and continue working!

Cheers,
Woody

H

Thanks for the instructions how to take that flat piece apart from those floats, I have several floats like that and I wasn't sure what to do with them.

I've been a fan of your work for years. The lamps you've posted in the last few months are so great. Truly amazing work Woody!

Such beautiful stuff!

I want a new lamp for my dining room. I have maps and globes as a theme in that room. I am starting to collect globes as I would like a globe chandelier in there. I am not in a hurry, as this may take a year or so to gather the globes and draw the design. Would you be interested in doing something like this.

Marlene

K

Mahalo, gang!

Marlene- Sounds like a fun project... You know where to find me when you're ready!

Here are a few I'll have for sale at Tiki Oasis. I'll have 2 of the one in the first picture, plus a 6th I'm currently working on. Hope to see some of ya there!!

H

Love them all specially the one with the green bottom.

Wow
Just wow

Wow

Amazing. Will you ship for those of us who can't make it to Oasis?

D
Danno posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2016 8:29 AM

Awesome as always!!!

K

Cheers everyone!

Here's my favorite of 10 I did for False Idol. The green one above ended up there too.

Mahalo!
Woody

All I can do is say Wow! Beautiful. Now I'm going to go look at the past pages too. Wendy

C
cy posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2016 4:43 PM

Beautiful works of illuminated art KAHAKA!

Always, just incredible work...

K
KAHAKA posted on Sun, Jun 4, 2017 1:22 PM

Aloha!

Here are a few I've done lately. The top Orchids of Hawaii style lamp with the Maori tikis is for sale. PM me if you're interested!

The 2nd is a style I reworked that I originally did for Forbidden Island 12 years ago. This one is going to a new bar opening in the fall.

The 3rd is one we kept for our house. We haven't had one in the house for over 10 years. My wife says we can't sell this one. Ha.

Cheers TC!
Woody

H

Love all your work here specially the last one.

Pure awesomeness, as usual.

K

Aloha! Long time, no post.

Here are a few I’ve done over the last few months, some of which I brought with me to Tiki Oasis and a fall sale at Trader Vic’s Emeryville :

Cheers and Happy Holidays,
Woody Greenwood

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2017-12-17 13:54 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 483 replies