Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hey LA & OC TC's - Bill Tapia

Pages: 1 1 replies

I am beginning ukulele lessons with Bill Tapia. I'm sure TC's know who he is but for those that don't he's currently 94 years old and was only 19 when he was a banjo player with Johnny Noble's band on the opening night of the Royal Hawaiian in 1927. He currently lives in Fountain Valley (CA) and still offers ukulele lessons. Anyway, mark your calendars for May 19. He and his band 'The Resophonics' along with special guests, will be playing at Steven's Steak & Seafood House in the City of Commerce. The address is 5332 Stevens Place (Santa Ana Fwy at Atlantic Blvd) The cost is only $25 per person and includes dinner. Reservations can be made at (323) 547-3482 or email [email protected]. I hope to see you there as this is a memorable performer and shouldn't be missed by any tikiphile.
Aloha,

Tiki Bong

Sorry I missed this post. Bong....did you go? How was it? The Essential Resophonics had a great cd come out in '03 called-Volume1 Evening In The Islands. Bill Tapia only plays on Mood Indigo, but the other uke players are good too. This is an acoustic disc with 10 tracks of mostly Hawaiian tunes. A favorite of ours.

Pages: 1 1 replies