Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 2004 Pics

Pages: 1 2 80 replies

I'm in.

Well if I must.

On 2004-10-03 13:05, Swanky wrote:
Someone should have stopped me. But I had a great time Thursday night I am told!

you weren't responsible swanky, you were under the power of some kind of voodoo thing :)

Being new to the Tiki, I can surely use some more education on the Tiki life. Count me in for another event. Hopefully, I can persuade my Vodkanaut bandmates to come along too. I too did not get enough and being my first Hukilau I thought we we're all cheated a little under the circumtances. I met so many fun loving, good people and would love to perform at another event with all.

M

On 2004-10-04 10:17, st. john the bassist wrote:
Being new to the Tiki, I can surely use some more education on the Tiki life. Count me in for another event. Hopefully, I can persuade my Vodkanaut bandmates to come along too. I too did not get enough and being my first Hukilau I thought we we're all cheated a little under the circumtances. I met so many fun loving, good people and would love to perform at another event with all.

I assume you mean cheated by The WEATHER? I , as a party attendee, felt I got MORE than my moneys worth in entertainment, etc even with Saturday night's schedule being slimmed a lot. Kiliki and Swanky rock!!! :)

If Basement Kahuna is in, we're in. I still haven't shared a drink with the Jawja blade slinger. I'd like to do it in November if possible. How about Thanksgiving Saturday?

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-10-04 13:15 ]

B

My digital crap-cam took some lousy interior/night shots, but here's a couple that came out.......

TikiTony and Chikitiki -Bahia Cabana

Mogambo-Christian-King Kukuele-Chikitiki-PolynesianPop-TikiTony-Basement Kahuna-JungleTrader- all showing Hurricane Hair on Sunday......The King is displaying some of Polypops cool artwork! I had a great time.

For 8ft Tiki.....

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Oct 4, 2004 5:20 PM

Maybe this ought to be it's own post.

Here's what I had in mind. A simple get together of whoever can make it. Make the Bahia Cabana the host hotel since it's cheap and we can take over the courtyard no problem. Someone get the penthouse and we can just roll on through there like last month. Get the Haole Cats, and Vodkanauts if they can all swing it. Maybe the Exoticats too. See if Wayne can bring something to blow our minds.

We'd need to pick a weekend when there is nothing competeing so we can have the hotel to ourselves and the Mai Kai dinner show filled up too. Can't wait too long or it's holiday season and all plans are off.

As far as cost, we just need to cover band costs. We can come up with a plan for that.

I don't know if I could make it myself, but I am sure there are folks who could manage it down there. Just need to coordinate with the Mai Kai and Bahia Cabana and the possible attendees for a date.

Perhaps we could start a poll over on the Hukilau boards about a date. I'll ask Kern what he thinks.

HK

Swanky,
Keep us posted if it looks like ya'll want to run with the "makeup" date idea...I for one, would love to get another chance to play for & meet some of the fine folks that frequent TC...I have a feeling the other Kats feel the same way.

Let us know!

Josh

T

(a la Artie Johnson on Laugh-In)

Vewy eeenteresting ...

What date do you have in mind?

tweedtone
http://www.vodkanauts.com

[ Edited by: tweedtone on 2004-10-05 05:58 ]

Hey smiley, take it easy tiger. Good guess that I was refering to the circumstances of the weather during the Hukilau. Sounds like the rum is starting to wear off. :D

M

On 2004-10-05 11:28, st. john the bassist wrote:
Hey smiley, take it easy tiger. Good guess that I was refering to the circumstances of the weather during the Hukilau. Sounds like the rum is starting to wear off. :D

no problem..i had a feeling you were talking about the weather--i just wanted a clarification. thanks. See you next year. :)

CT

We are close to both locations & willing to help in whatever organizing you need for a make up date!!! We are sooo ready... lets all seriously consider it!

:) Aylin & Danny :)

T

I guess Bruce has been a little touchy lately, after all it is hard work running an antique mall!
:wink:

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2004-10-19 22:14 ]

M

On 2004-10-05 16:40, tikibars wrote:
I guess Bruce has been a little touchy lately, after all it is hard work running an antique mall!
:wink:

You could be right, Tikivixen has often said that the surliest folks she ever met were Antique dealers!

T

Here are some of my pics from Hukilau

Tiki Toa and Angaluau at the Call of the Tiki party (Toa, nice Fez)

Mr and Mrs Johnny Dollar cruising on the Tikki Beach

The Sperm Whale and his better Half :)

Motiki

Me and the Misses enjoying a cocktail at the Mai Kai

The Happy couple: Tikiwahinie and drunkenmunkey

A lucky tikilee gets his picture taken with the lovely and enchanting Mermaidia

Crazy Al gets down in the Voodoo Pit

The fellas from I Belli Di Waikiki in the Voodoo Pit

Those crazy guys from IBDW, first thing ya know their pants are missing, the next thing ya know their giving your fiancé a tongue bath

Polynesian Proud gets the Call of the Tiki party started

The lovely ladies of Polynesian Proud

Polynesian Proud: Fire Dance

The legendary Billy Mure with partner

Voodoo Val and Mike

I Belli Di Waikiki entertain the troops at the Bahai Mar (Voodoo Val's Room)

I Belli Di Waikiki enjoying Hukilau, really, really enjoying Hukilau

[ Edited by: tikilee on 2004-10-05 20:58 ]

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Oct 5, 2004 8:26 PM

Great pictures of stuff I had not seen. Please get the originals to me some way!

great pix tikilee! and we're not saying that jest coz you included us :)

Thanks Tikilee for the great pics. As I have said before you were the best next door nieghbors any Hukilau'er could ask for. One more thing -in that picture do I look loaded or what?
Later,
Spermy

T

Did anybody get any pics of The Vodkanauts' performance ...?

Yes, the memories are wonderful ... but I'd love to have a photo as well. :)

Hey Kids,

My GFs got pics on her BLOG.

http://www.fastcarsandfastboys.blogspot.com

Also pics of my booty.....

Thanks James Teitelbaum for rescuing us Sat afternoon!

K

On 2004-10-24 19:42, Kilikopela wrote:
Also pics of my booty.....
DARN! I thought it was the other kind of booty! :wink:

T

On 2004-10-24 19:42, Kilikopela wrote:
Thanks James Teitelbaum for rescuing us Sat afternoon!

You're welcome!

...and I suppose this is as good a time as any to mention that the travelogue for my entire 2-week road trip, which my Hukilau experience was but one aspect of, is now posted on my web site (under the road trips and travels section).

I'm lagging, but here's a few more.

What does "Laggin" mean??

C'Al's not laggin, just shleppin!!

Da boat!

Caliente Casey and Humu

Open Drawbridge!!

Not......loose your Draw String!! I Bella Rocks!!!

Go!

Check out these "pretty clouds". Let's name them Jeanne.

More pretty clouds

What are these guys doing boarding up when there are perfect waves to "Body Surf" to.

Pre,as in around noon before Jeanne visited.

The day before. Notice the waves all moosh?

The God All Mighty "MAI KAI" pulls it off!!!

Fire! Fire! huh huh. Ya. fire fire. huh. huh!

Time for bed. More menyana. Or, in a few days.

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-11-11 00:06 ]

S

I LOVE this picture. What a great bunch there and the smiles on their faces!

A big shout out to Ben for getting the pics up! The Mai Kai open sign is priceless...

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2004-11-10 07:22 ]

Yeah Swanky, I love that picture too. Not only that, but they are all perfect gentlemen. They lift me up by their good manners and behavior.
Now where's that HUGE-Breasted waitress in the background? (Monty Python)

On 2004-11-10 07:22, Swanky wrote:

I LOVE this picture. What a great bunch there and the smiles on their faces.

They look a little BuZzEd to me! Chiki-

Was this just before or just after I snagged you for the tour?? Good drinks at the Mai Kai! Always!

M

Better late than never. Here's some of my belated gems:

Al gets a lap danc..er, I mean mystery dance. Note the Mai Kai Undead Zombie Employee Of The Month in the upper left.

Sandwich Isles Challenge #1

Sandwich Isles Challenge #2

There's something about those island boys....

I'm proud of this shot, but he never has a bad picture, does he?

Later, when asking himself, "Why can't I sleep tonight?", he forgets that he drank coffee-laced Black Magics all night long.

When we found a locked gate at the hotel, rather than walk around, Humu flung her heels over the wall, hiked up her dress, and jumped the fence. Fear this woman.

One is drinking to numb the anxiety, the other is drinking because it's what she does so well.

Someone cut off that guy.

America's Next Top Model

Run, bassist, run!

Can you feel the tiki love? I know I can.

Sufferin' Bastards

Humu and Smiley get their frug on.

The Venetian Pool. The second coolest thing in Florida. Everyone should plan on going next year.

http://www.venetianpool.com/

S

I got Jeff Wade, semi-official Hukilau photographer's pictures from 2004 tonight. They are loaded up HERE If you want a high res version of any, email me.

1,000 pictures!!!!!

I have a few Hukilau photos posted here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/poi_polloi/

M

I have temporary access to Shuteerfly, so here are my pictures!!!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeBMXDFk2bt3Hw&open=1&x=1&sm=1&sl=0

S

Bumping this up in case anyone can rescue their old Shutterfly pictures to repost.

I am looking for pictures of Pualani Mossman Avon performing on stage.

Pages: 1 2 80 replies