Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Merv

Pages: 1 4 replies

I just caught a segment of a show called Celebrity Restaurants on the Food Network and they covered the Beverly Hills Trader Vic's because... and I did not know this...

Merv Griffin OWNS it!

I always thought Merv was the hippest talk show host ever and this confirms it.

-Mike

http://www.reemco.com
As Fast As The Future!

[ Edited by: TheMuggler on 2002-09-23 21:32 ]

Did you ever read that Milk and Cheese comic where they're running around yelling "MERV GRIFFIN! MERV GRIFFIN!!" over and over? :lol:

M

I was just about to post this. Boy, the menu in Beverly Hills sure looks a lot better than Emeryville's, doesn't it? They showed a lot of the interior, and had the host of the show sitting surrounded by a scorpion bowl a fog cutter and a bahia. She looked like she was set to get bent. I don't know how Vic's relationship in hotels works. Is Merv a franchisee? Anyway, a nice little blurb.

-martin

Oh, that reminds me... Better than yelling Merv Griffin (and topical cause he's on death's door) was a game we used to play as kids - someone would yell GORDON LIGHTFOOT! And you would have to lift your foot in the air (as if it was a LIGHT FOOT) and stand on one leg until the person yelled GORDON DOWNFOOT!!!!

This as SFA to do with tiki, sorry!

T

On 2002-09-23 22:49, cynfulcynner wrote:

Did you ever read that Milk and Cheese comic where they're running around yelling "MERV GRIFFIN! MERV GRIFFIN!!" over and over? :lol:

This rules!

"You can't lose with booze!"

"God Made Us Funky!"

Pages: 1 4 replies