Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

South Australia Museum, Adelaide, Australia (other)

Pages: 1 3 replies

Name:South Australia Museum
Type:other
Street:North Terrace St
City:Adelaide
State:
Zip:
Phone:(08) 8207 7500

Description:
I was visiting Australia recently and we popped into this museum to check out the Aboriginal art exhibits. As luck would have it while hunting for the bathroom I stumbled into their Melanesian exhibits on the second floor. My head about exploded! The huge room was literally crammed with case after case of carvings, weapons and masks covering most of Melanesia! This museum does not advertise this collection in any way, but it is a must see for all Tikiphiles. Please check out a few pictures I took of the exhibit by clicking on the URL site below:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v315/Doctorz2004/TIKITRIP/

After bringing up the site, click on the slideshow bar to view the images.

[ Edited by: Trader Rick on 2004-11-04 09:19 ]

Wow, trader Rick, cool find. Thanks for posting.
What Beers are you drinking in SA? It's wine contry I know, however there was a microbeer boom there a few years ago...tell the story?

Sorry, couldn't find any microbrews. We heard of them, but the wife and I were so pooped at the end of a days exploring that we never went out for night life. It is a sad thing to get old! Anyway, my favorite SA (South Australian) beer was Coopers Stout. A delicious stout with a heavy chocolate note. I tried their sparkling ale, but found it too 'fizzy.' My favotite OZ beer turned out to be Queensland's own XXXX Bitter followed closely by their Carbine Stout. Delicious!

Tooheys old!

Pages: 1 3 replies