Name:Mai Tai
Type:bar
Street:San Pedro
City:Benidorm
State:
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
The Mai Tai is a friendly little bar that manages to combine the friendly welcome of a neighbourhood Spanish bar with touches of Tiki at it's most kitch. Anyone who show's interest in the volcano built into the wall is treated to a the full display of smoke that comes out the sides and top, accompanied by mechanical birds on strings flying through the air. They have a nice little display of Spanish Tiki mugs behind a plexiglass screen but don't tend to serve their drinks in Tiki mugs. The drinks themselves are a little sweet, but a lot of fun and pretty inexpensive too.

This is a family run bar, and the decor is cheap and cheerful. Classify as a 'fun' Tiki bar rather than a design classic.

Trader Woody

Here are a few photos I took a few years ago on a shitty little camera. I''' be visiting again in a couple of weeks and hope to get some clearer shots.

The exterior.

Their mug collection (Not for sale!)

Trader Woody

Woody, what's that mug in the front on the left, just behind the coconut? It looks more like a mask of a crocodile's head. Maybe a cow's skull?

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-11-08 12:49 ]

On 2004-11-08 12:48, freddiefreelance wrote:
Woody, what's that mug in the front on the left, just behind the coconut? It looks more like a mask of a crocodile's head. Maybe a cow's skull?

I tried to get a photo from another angle when I was there a few days ago, but really can't work out what it's supposed to be! Anyway, here's another few photos:

Mugs!

Mug case next to volcano

Mugs on bar

Behind the bar - notice a couple of those weird bird head mugs at the top.

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 3 replies