Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Do we have to pay for this forum?

Pages: 1 10 replies

so is this forum a pay to play sort of thingy? if so i don't mind paying my fair share.

if there is a cost, i'm just wondering what that cost is and when and how i can contribute.

tiki chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-03-25 03:03 ]

Hi Tiki Chris,

Thanks for the consiteration. When we did the SF Tiki Crawl 2002 and we did the Tiki Dinner, it was 24 almost-strangers at Trader Vics, with one Moai-sized bill to cover us all.

I had brought extra money just to cover this; you see, people were coming and going, people who didn't eat dinner showed up for drinks, unknowns were wandering in and out. And as much as I wanted everything to go perfect, I just couldn't help but wonder if we'd end up short.

But after passing the collection plate around and taking up money, we ended up with more than enough to cover not only the bill, but a healthy tip too.

Tiki Centralites are the best.

So I guess it comes as no shock that you offer up to help cover the costs of this board.

I pay (and have been paying for quite some time) a modest fee for keeping this site, http://www.tikicentral.com, alive.

If the forum traffic becomes too heavy I may have to pay more for more bandwidth. But that bridge is far from here... no need to cross it now.

So at this point everything's fine, no money needed. If it does come down to needing some funding, we'll do something creative. Right now I'm not worried about it.

I'm more worried about people actually liking this site and keeping the bugs out of it.

Thanks again for the offer! Hope this helps!

~Hanford :tiki: :drink:

excellent!

well, if indeed, tiki central ever finds itself strapped for cash, i'm quite sure something creative will come up!

anyway, the forum's new and different requiring some adjustment, but i already like it 10 zillion times more than that crummy group that we had to endure!

mahalo,
tiki chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-03-25 03:09 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-03-25 03:10 ]

Hi Chris,

I've tried to put together a pretty good help page in order to annoint the new Tiki Central members to the changes.

http://www.tikicentral.com/tikicentral/help/

Take a look at it and see what you think. If anything in the help is confusing, or if you'd like more details or ANYTHING please let me know.

my #1 priority right now is that this thing not SUCK. That includes the adjustments people will need to make to get a better feel for Tiki Central!

~Hanford :drink:

Hanford,
I'm loving this board! The graphics look great and its very user friendly. So far, much better than Yahoo Groups. I too, am willing to chip in my fair share to keep it running. If we ever have to cross that bridge, maybe an annual subscription or membership to the board would be in order.

Hanford-

This site definitely does NOT suck! It's one one of the coolest sites (not just tiki sites, either)I've seen. You have done a great job and I want to express my appreciation (and I'm sure I'm not alone in this)for giving us a place to come and play.

Mahalo and Aloha

MaiTaiMafia

B

I agree totally with these feelings. This is the first forum that I have ever been comfortable enough to join. Now you couldn't keep me away. Hanford Big Thanks for doing it right.
HappyHappyHappy

Thanks for dragging this topic up, MaiTaiMafia.

There is now the Grand Membership for anyone who wants to help out Tiki Central.

On 2004-12-08 12:37, MaiTaiMafia wrote:
Hanford-

This site definitely does NOT suck! It's one one of the coolest sites (not just tiki sites, either)I've seen. You have done a great job and I want to express my appreciation (and I'm sure I'm not alone in this)for giving us a place to come and play.

Mahalo and Aloha

MaiTaiMafia

P
pablus posted on Wed, Dec 8, 2004 2:12 PM

Or you can just send him money if you have an inexplicable aversion to gold stars.

No real aversion to gold stars, Pablus. Makes me feel like I'm back in school again!
:wink:

PayPal is down until 2am PST, so I'll have to wait until tomorow to pay.

Thanks again, Hanford!

MTM

Hey, can I just say that I love this site to bits! I spend many hours searching through so many cool threads that lead to many other cool places where I can track down Tiki stuff to my hearts content!

I know I haven't posted on here so much yet but hopefully in th future I will and maybe we can get some more of us folk from the UK and beyond to discover this Tiki heaven!!

A Big thumbs up to all you folks that contribute!!

Pages: 1 10 replies