Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Should I stay or should I go now?

Pages: 1 25 replies

B

First off i just want to say that I think some of you are all suffering from CRANKY-YANKEE-ITIS. Next time you are SOUTH of the border - the MASON DIXON LINE BORDER - give me a shout out and i will fix you the CRANKY-YANKEE -ITIS cure:

A MARGERITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now is this TIKI central or TURKEY central? or is it UNEMPLOYMENT CENTRAL? while you all have been fighting with one another all about me I have been out there earning a buck or 2. I sure do wish i had as much time on my hands as some of you all. but I'm pretty shure i owuld not spend my time fussing, cutting down, and bickering!!!!!!! i'd druther spend that time kicking back and rocking out. Instaed of sitting on my butt all day infront of a computer.
THANK YOU to all ya'll who stuck up for me and my musical taste buds from the get go.(I got all KINDs of BUDs :wink:). I think all music si good music and whatever floats yer boat is cool by me. I listen to all types of music=U2, NELLY, jimmy HENDRIX, KISS, beachboys, . really truly I cain't stand Celene Dione but i ain't going to dis nobody that does( well may be I would dis them just a little bit :wink:). Hell, I Even like all that HULA HULA music that you all talk about.

REally truly i did NOT mean to get every body so riled up! I wuz jsut looking for some wild and cra-ZEE dudes and dudettes to party HARTY (:wink:) with. and for all ya'll who do not believe it = I AM THE REAL DEAL. i ain't mad tiki or nobody else tiki. I AM JUST ME= buffetiki. S0 ya'll tell me SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO? I really do like tikis. Hell i even love em but I dont' want to fight about em. i just wanna chill. i dont' mind learning a thing or 3 form you all - I AM NEW TO TIKI REALLY -BUT PLEASE STOP RUNNING DOWN MY MAIN MAN JB and I don't mean JIm Beam.

yer tiki host wit the most
from the gulfcoast
buffetiki** **** ********* ******** **** ********* ********* ******* ****** ******* ***** ******* ****** ********* ****** ******
PS why don't some of you consider a margerita good for tiki drinking!

[edited by Hanford to get rid of the word wrap and all caps subject]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-10-09 14:02 ]

ROCK ON BUFFETIKI! Oh and I like magarita's also, on the rocks or frozen. ROCK ON MY MAN with the Most from the Gulf COAST.

F

STAY! By the way, many of us have jobs where there is a computer next to us all day. We just love to check in to Tiki Central.

L
laney posted on Wed, Oct 9, 2002 9:43 AM

"Can you feel the love tonight....."

T

Please try to follow our House Rules...

House Rules

In reference to all the extra characters.
My monitor is big, but it's not that big!

Thank You.

My monitor is bigger than your monitor!

T

Sorry I must have...

Small Monitor Resolution Complex :o

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-10-09 15:42 ]

PS why don't some of you consider a margerita good for tiki drinking!?

I vote for you to go. Really.

Buffetiki, you make people laugh, but please don't make extra work for me.

You may think it's funny to make a post directly against the house rules, with a subject in all caps and a bunch of asterisks in your post, but I don't. I have to fix this shit becuase people complain about it.

You're taking a joke too far. I am requesting that you stop posting just to make people laugh. If you're another Tiki Central posting in an alternate account, then I say: We've all had a laugh, but it's time to shut it down. I don't need crap like this.

~Hanford

T
thejab posted on Wed, Oct 9, 2002 2:55 PM

bigbro wrote:

"The Margarita really IS a great drink."

I concur it is when made well, but the one I had in Margaritaville in Key West was the worst I've ever had! So much for Jimmy Buffet's empire, that is practically based on the drink, and they can't even make a good one.

No, I'm not embarrassed that I went to Margaritaville once. It was really mrsmiley's idea to go :wink:

On 2002-10-09 14:01, hanford_lemoore wrote:
I vote for you to go. Really.

Buffetiki, you make people laugh, but please don't make extra work for me.

You may think it's funny to make a post directly against the house rules, with a subject in all caps and a bunch of asterisks in your post, but I don't. I have to fix this shit becuase people complain about it.

You're taking a joke too far. I am requesting that you stop posting just to make people laugh. If you're another Tiki Central posting in an alternate account, then I say: We've all had a laugh, but it's time to shut it down. I don't need crap like this.

~Hanford

Hanford kicks ass!

M

tHEJAB says "No, I'm not embarrassed that I went to Margaritaville once. It was
really mrsmiley's idea to go :wink:"

LIES, all lies!

TC

On 2002-10-09 08:14, buffetiki wrote:

now is this TIKI central or TURKEY central?

Yes! You have found Turkey Central! I kiss you!

bigbrotiki wrote:
have you ever been to a French Italian restaurant?

Indeed I have and the resulting mess underlines your argument perfectly.

Trader Woody

I'm with Hanford.

A

Dear Buffetiki,

(This is Shelley speaking, mind you.)

You are welcome to stay as long as you stop pissing off the person who works the hardest at keeping this site up and running, my main man, Hanford.

(Hanford, I will be laying two kisses on your picture tonight, for putting up with buffetiki, and because I love to irritate Mr. Mad Alnshely as much as possible.)

Now about all this JB/Margaritaville sillyness...

Please stop embarrassing this genteel young lady from Pascogoula, MS!! (GASP!)

Ashamedly, you are the embodiment of the Good Ol' Boy Southern Redneck, who slathers his lowbrow posts with ridiculous, sterotypical, and unbecoming "southern style" remarks. (Though, you might have made me snicker.) As a Southerner living in So. Cal., I will continue to defend my heritage and family and do my best to convince others that not everyone from the "Redneck Riviera" is so bass-ackwards. Some of us are actually civilized. Hmph.

Yes, as I sit here today in front of my oversized monitor, being the true TCer that I am,...I am not ashamed or too shy to admit that I come from a Buffettized upbringing. In her youth, my mother sailed with the Biloxi and Ocean Springs Junior Yachtsmen teams. She sailed against JB, and they grew up with the same Gulf Coast crowd. My mother still goes to see him when he plays in Gulfport, and she pays for her ticket just like everyone else.

As a child a Buffett fan, I knew all the words to "Margaritaville" before I was 13, and I would seranade our crew as we sailed up and down the East Coast and down to the Bahamas and VIs.

All of that said, there is a time and place for everthing. JB and Margaritas are not and will never be tiki! Period. I don't care how many of his stupid album covers or shirts have tikis on them, JB sings of islands in the Carribean, not Polynesia. Most importantly...RUM, not tequila, is the life blood of Tiki Culture.

And I enthusiastically agree with Big Bro, one of the greatest contributions of South American and Cuban culture is definately the Mojito!!

So please, Buffetiki, don't mistake your hors d'oeuvres fork for a coctail pick, chew gum in public, wear white shoes after Labor Day, or try to mix Buffett and Tiki. You will wind up with a mess that is just plain TACKY!

Adieu,
Shell in the Pacific (Not the Gulf of Mexico)

On 2002-10-09 08:14, buffetiki wrote:
S0 ya'll tell me SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?

It is obvious that the mana is with the Minnesota tiki Twins! I think we should all go watch the Twins go to the World Series!!!!!!!!Yaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!It is much more positive! To all my friends in California-see your teams next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dane, you out there?

[ Edited by: SlovakTiki on 2002-10-09 20:44 ]

Shelly, I didnt know you were from Mississippi! From one Mississippian to another! Aloha! I live about 80 miles from where you grew up. I love the coast, other than the water. I admit that I too grew up on JB also. Hell, he went to the same college as I. University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg. Small world I tell ya!

It occurs to me that there is a scary precedent....I was looking at my KU tiki and it seems he has a mullet...like I would imagine our inane buffetiki would sport....

S

Please don't try to drag Southern-ness into this. I was raised in the southland, and live here, but that doesn't mean I am a redneck or hillbilly. Nor does it mean I like Southern Rock, or even Rock at all. And it certainly doesn't mean I take your side Buffetiki. Although your post implies you listen to the Clash (?).

I have seen your type in Internet lists for 10 years. I thought maybe that period had ended. Chances are, you will do things to get yourself banned, and then rejoin with a new screen name, and mess the whole thing up for everyone. But I don't actually believe you are a stranger to Tiki Central.

Go. Go into the dry country where you shall seek rest and find none.

No offense Swanky, But if you are from TN and born there, you are officially a Hillbilly as I am a Redneck because I was born in Mississipp. Same goes for People born in Louisiana, they are CoonAsses!

Accept your Heritage, Do not deny it!*

*(So not to offend any of you soft hearted liberal types, I am saying this in a joking manner!)

Handford,
Sincerely I did not mean to put you to work cleaning up after me.
I have read the horse rules that tikimug showed and i promise to follow them next time I write any thing.
To tell you the truth I do not have internet at my home and I am not infront of a internet computer alot so I will not be on Tikicentral alot.
so really you aint gone have to worry about too much anyways.
Keep it STEADY,
buffetiki.

S

Unless you are from the area, you should not use the "H" word. Just like the "N" word is reserved. No flatlanders may call us Hillbillies.

Being around a lot of Rockabilly folk, we just use the term "Billy."

Now, you must understand that my family came from, and many of them live on, the farm. I have a cousin who built his own log cabin, without electricity and eats what he kills. His home is literally on the mountain and you need a horse, 2 feet or an ATV to get to it. A really good guy. I speak the language. I am fluent in deep Southern. But I have lived in the city for decades and would have, dare I say it, moved to New York or Chicago ages ago wer it not for my daughter.

I know my roots. I don't hate them. But I have moved on.

It is funny to me that there is a very real form of bias around the South. I know many people who would pay more for things if they have to to buy it from a Southerner rather than a Northerner. I don't know if that happens up north, but down South, Yankee is a really negative term. You can live here for 30 years and still be referred to as a Yankee.

But at least I don't live in Arkansas... :)

On 2002-10-10 13:43, Swanky wrote:
But at least I don't live in Arkansas... :)

Amen to that! Oh and I bet me and your cousin could share some stories on what we have killed and ate.

S

Hey Buffetiki!

I love the Clash reference!

Now get the Hell out!

This is not a vote or edict. You decide. You wanna post? Then post.

Just be down with Tiki.

The rest is easy.

Uncle Arty

Pages: 1 25 replies