Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

carvings by Ken Pleasant

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 382 replies

S

Nice Ken, that book shelf most definitely slides right in there
with the rest of the decor.

Nice first Stone.

Spectacular as always~ fB

That book shelf looks great in that room.

T

Killer bookshelf! It looks right at home.

nice book shelf. it would look good next to a lamp or a mailbox.

Bump back to top,aloh Mooney

T

One of the nicest shelves ever. The whole room in that shot just works. Exactly what you would want in a tiki room that works for any house, any situation, and I think my girl friend would warm up to something like that.

But what I like to see the most is that mug of yours. The artist's mug in the artist home. Its like a trophy to all your work in tiki.

K

thanks Mooney for the bump. I have been carving 25 3ft big joes so not much new to show. I have also been dabbling in some metal stuff but it is more modern style than tiki so I have not posted pictures.
Teakey thanks for the post and compliments. The shelf worked out perfect and I was happy with the outcome. The mug is the sample mug Miles sent to me to show me the glaze and finished product. My two little girls dont like the mug because I told them it was my new son Joe and I pretended to give it more attention than them.

K

I have not posted any pics for a while. So heres a few. I have been doing a little metal work. Some old pics and some new.

N

Your works of art is always Top Notch...
Hopefully I can get my mitts on one of your carvings soon..

Cheers!

We go....

Keg Shopping

when you arrive!!!!

http://www.mrkegs.com

Rahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

B

Wow Ken, I Love the one with the red hat,, SO Realistic, with Perfect colors.:P
Back to reality it's Always Great to see your mastery showing through in your tikis. Love the "Big Joe" Mug too, Might have to have me one of those!

T

I gave the marlin a new home and can say that Ken's photos really don't do his work justice! The finish is beautiful- silky smooth and very rich-looking. Also Ken gives a lot of thought to how the grain works with the piece, he develops the carving so that the grain adds texture in just the right places. Ken, I hope some day you can quit your day job and fill the world with your great artwork and sculpture :)

S

WoW nice work! so many of the pole fellas or
was that photoshop?

Better than Witco!!!!!
Great to have ya postin again! Good time to be here. Things are happenin' round here!

K

thanks Notch, I will be bringing a bunch of items to Bamboobens pre Oasis sale. I will post pics and info this weekend on Bamboobens events post when I finish all the items I am bringing.
RevBen raaaaaa!! looking forward to it!!!!!!
Benzart :) :) many thanks, the Mug and carving combos are all sold out. I gave the Last set to Mr Westenhaver for his b-day.
Tikitres, Mahalo glad the Marlin was better than you expected. I hope to also.
Seeks thanks That is all 25 of the Big Joe carvings no photoshop. I had to take a picture of all of them together just to see what they looked like :)
Surfintiki, thanks for the compliment. Though I cant agree. I feel I am just scratching the surface.
There is a lot going on around here some amazing items being created.

Thanks again for the atta boys. I will try not to be such a stranger.

K

Back from working outa town and being outa touch for the last few months. Here are few items I carved since I have been back. Both based on Witco designs.
Thanks for looking

"Witch Doctor"

"Color Sticks"

TL

Two words:

AWE - SOME !!!

Ken, you are a true Master and it's a true Honor to own your work!

LOVE the witch doctor! great use of color and it looks so good against the dark wood. Your work is so vibrant - but even more so in person!

It was great meeting you and the mrs. at Boo-Bens fun times!

...he said that ooo-eee-ooo-ah,ah-ting, tang walla walla bing bang, ooo-eee-ooo-ah, ah- ting, tang, walla, walla, bing - bang!

B

Wow, Ken, I Love the Witch doctor too, very "Pleasant" finish with cool colors.

PERFECT-O!
WoW

K

many thanks for all the kind words!!!
Poly nice to meet you also we had a blast and really appreciate all the effort the Boos put into making our trip a great one.

The Witch Doctor is a winner Ken.

Beautiful work and great use of color!

Always a treat to see your new creations!

K

Nothing new from me but my little girl Hazel has been drawing tikis like crazy and I promised her I would post some of her work. So here is a drawing by Hazel Pleasant done on a sheet of school paper with a #2 pencil called "tiki Post Office" :)

Hazel Rocks!

CJ

has she done any chainsaw carvings?

K

Hazel thanks you Benboo
Coco Joe no chainsaw yet but I am sure it will be a part of her future.

Wow ken!
Hazel seems to have inherited your
artistic sensibility!
:)

S

Outstanding Keigs I love your Witco work!

I love the flying tiki! totally crazy!

Tiki is now a complete family affair!

K

Hazel appreciates the compliments. Here is a new little Voodoo Witch doctor I carved.

It's a lovely Witch Doctor indeed.
Tell Hazel that Jungle loves her sketches.

C

Ahhhh, now there's something to get excited about. Bring on the
voodoo Keigs, I've fallen under the doctor's spell. Beautiful as
always.

Ken!

Wow!

Talk about hitting one out of the park!

That guy is beautiful!

A spectacular finish and wise choice of colors bring this one all together!

Also love the addition of the leopard loin cloth to give it some texture and exotic feel!

Nice work!

too fuckin cool! Ken, if i had the money i would commission you to do a Asaro mudman, one with boars tusks, or a Goroka in full garb ready to attend a dance festival (like the mount Hagen). Something like this in your style http://www.dicklang.com.au/img_products/Image/PNG%20GOROKA%2004%20041.jpg Really would look great in the vain of the piece you just posted
p.s. frickin economy maybe when i get back to work and have some scratch

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2009-03-05 23:02 ]

L

Your work is stunning! Love the latest witch doctor's paint job.

Really amazing stuff.

I checked out your website and see that you have Sold lots of stuff I would love.

Do you ever remake items you post or once its gone its gone?

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-03-06 10:53 ]

Hey there NW carver! I really like your witch doctor carvings. I'm all about color as a way to highlight different areas in a carving and make it come to life. you do that so perfectly!

Nice carve! This can't be the only thing you've done lately?!?!?! post more stuff when you get a chance!!!

I'm still impressed with the whole chainsaw thing - I can barely cut a straight line with one!

Tiki and Voodoo.

Isn't that a Sven no no??

lol!!!!

Hope alls well in the Pleasant world!

Looks rad man!

S

Strait forward and packing a lot of punch.
Nice work love the colors.

K

Thanks Jungle, Conga and lake.
Oceaocit, that would be a fun one to try.
Leleliz thank you sorry my website does not have much to offer. I do remake items I have sold. When I find time.
Polynesiac many thanks, This is one of the few items I have done for a while.
I have been working out of town a lot and when I am around the weather has not been very carving friendly. So I am in the process of building a lot bigger place to carve.
Hey Revboo mahalaz the Pleasant fam is doing good, tell the boo clan hello.
Thanks Seeks.

C

Super cool and so well done (I'm jealous) Congrats!

I love the new little voodoo witch doctor...the grain and the paint really compliment each in the best ways! That tangaroa you did a while back is amazing too, I must have missed it before.

K

Here is a new one I carved. It is based on one of my tikis at Forbidden Island.

[ Edited by: keigs20 2009-04-09 08:47 ]

K
kirby posted on Thu, Apr 9, 2009 8:38 AM

great tiki dude..glad to see your still at it..What does "carved kinda" mean ? any ways I alway love your stuff its tops on the envy lists..kirby

K

Thanks Kirbs, I meant new kinda because I have done one similar before. I will have to change that:)

BD

wow! nice piece. really like the witch doctor as well. is the new one pine? very nice grain>

bd

Top notch as always, Ken! Hope all is good~

S

Sweet looking carve ken. I love the big guy in the
background also.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 382 replies