Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Update on Trader Vic's - Vancouver, Canada

Pages: 1 12 replies

I couldn't for the life of me find the thread for this bar in the Locating Tiki Forum.

Rachel's Vinyard "On The Bay" Bed and Breakfast now owns the old Trader Vic's building.

They say:
"Polynesian style cottage formerly the Trader Vics at the Bayshore Inn in Vancouver"

There is some more info here:
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/british-columbia/rachelles-vineyard.html

And because everyone loves a pic or two:

Jeff and I will be driving up to check this place out next week. I'm going to see if we can make an appointment to take some photos of the building to post here. So far, no one is at the three phone numbers I've tried. Maybe I'll get a reply via e-mail.

M

Cool--I assumed it was torn down.

You can see the pics here from when it was barged over to the Island:
http://www.nickelbros.com/tradervics.html

M

How is this for a Tiki RV!!!

Honestly, I was hoping the place was still vacant so that I could buy it and open it up down in Victoria. Or at least put it in my backyard for TCers to use!

W

What a cool looking building! There's very little info @ the links as to what the "Polynesian style cottage" holds or how many it sleeps but the owners speak English, have 3 cats and a dog. If it's all tricked out inside this could be a swell location for a NW meetup. (No smoking allowed, but no mention of an alcohol prohibition!)

woofmutt...if I'm able to get inside, I'll take pics and post them here next week.

Hopefully they've decorated it in the "Polynesian Style" they describe it as. If it looks like the photo of one of the other rooms, I might just be sick.

I should suggest they get a tiki or two from one of our carvers.

Any update?

Hey Doc Tiki,
Welcome to TC!

I wasn't able to get in touch with the owners, and the building is so far from the road I couldn't figure out exactly which driveway to take.

I could see it from the road, but it was pretty obscured, any pictures I took just looked like blue sky rather than blue roof between the trees.

I'm thinking they were probably still closed for the season. If I get a chance, I'm going to try to get in again soon.

-Tw

8T

Hey Tw, any update on this "B&B" new life for the old Vic's???

I just found this coctail glass and wanted to add it to this thread.
It measures 3 1/2" tall.

I once was lost.....but now I'm found.....

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2012-01-22 11:18 ]

M

Aloha,
I am happy to announce that I am very familiar with this Trader Vic's and have many photos of the building in its present state. The current situation allows for all Tiki Lovers to participate in its future rise to its authentic glory. I have launched a Kickstarter fundraiser to reopen the Trader Vic's from the Bayshore Inn.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1075391629/original-trader-vics-tiki-restaurant-re-launch?ref=discovery

Watch the video and take a pass on "Kickstarter" rage. There is so much to be saved there, somehow it needs to be rescued.

aloha, tikicoma

Bump for the last week of the Kickstarter.

Pages: 1 12 replies