Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

I would take either one ..

B

Cool idea Kirby, and I'm with Rodeo, Both are fine!

I like the bamboo border too- reminds me of bones somehow...

T

I think its some of your better. Probably something you wouldn't want to hear. I like the base of that tiki. Hour glass tiki and the volcano is a solid painting. So the volcano is covering the tiki. If thats true then saying, I like both , can't be. One can't exist with destorying the other.

F

I like them both old and new and just about all inbetween.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Sep 7, 2005 9:46 PM

Hey dude, I really like both of em as well. Its funny, some the stuff I Ive done I havent really like but i posted anyway, and some people dig it. Cane be very interesting (as im sure you are finding out).

K
kirby posted on Thu, Sep 8, 2005 9:58 PM

Dj lee wanted me to paint him somthing with a music theme so i figured I would paint him as a tiki...

F

really like the tiki bar look and the attitude is great.

Excellant work

Great job Kirby!!! I think he'll like it.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Sep 9, 2005 6:54 AM

Cool painting dude. Sure the dude will live it. Great layout, lighting, detail, everything

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Sep 9, 2005 1:05 PM

I like it, its got your tiki signature red

D
DJLee posted on Fri, Sep 9, 2005 5:36 PM

I'm floored! Blush! It's really amazing, Thanks Kirby!!!!!!!

H

Kirby, that is sooooo.. DJLee I love it.

really nice one Kirby...great colors...who wouldn't love their own personalized tiki art?

K
kirby posted on Sun, Sep 11, 2005 1:25 PM

You guys are too nice...thanks...

Kirby your work is amazing . I really need to get something together and make a trade with ya.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Sep 11, 2005 3:14 PM

get on it rodeo what are you waiting for...

K
kirby posted on Tue, Sep 13, 2005 5:07 PM

I added a couple pages on my tiki adventure,but my paper tiki dont look like they are traviling too well,I am working on a better shipping method as we speek,so dont worry your reward is on its way...thank...kirby

Hey kirby, what a cool DJ Lee tiki! I like that creativity there...

B

Awesome DJ Kirby, I guess the guy Loved It??. You are coming out with some Really nice stuff. (I love that word STUFF)
Nice stuff.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2005 5:09 PM

The Chief...

DAMN !! that is kool. Nice work Kirby.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2005 5:20 PM

Wow man - that chief is really cool! I love it! One of my favourites out of your stuff. Nice

K
kirby posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2005 7:22 PM

Thanks guys...
Im thinking of making sum prints,I think this might be a good one, what do you think...

kirby...yer doing some nice work....like the latest efforts!

The chief must have also been the village gossip. Nice painting, Kirby!

F
foamy posted on Wed, Sep 21, 2005 5:14 AM

Better and better. I think I've lost something. Perhaps it's exhuberance. I'm thinking it's essential and you have that in spades.

B

I really love the Chief Kirby and his Pendant is SUPER Cool. Where do you get all your ideas from, they are all so Original!. Keep'em comin'.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Sep 21, 2005 5:09 PM

My insperation comes from all of great tiki artists and friend here on tc, thanks for the support and encouragement...

K
kirby posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2005 6:04 PM

I always seem to have to chang things after there done...I added a lil foliage to the chief..

On 2005-09-20 19:22, kirby wrote:
Thanks guys...
Im thinking of making sum prints,I think this might be a good one, what do you think...

Kirby, I am the guy who was bugging you to make prints at the Lucky TiKi, yeah! This one would be good!

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2005-09-23 01:02 ]

Kirby - you're on to something here. your style is awesome! The colors you use and how you use them really make the painting stand out and your borders really add a ton of visual stimulation that compliments the focus (the patterns, the bamboo and the foliage).

Nice Job! I'm diggin' it!

B

Yeah Kirby, don't let all this go to your head but you are Really doing some Amazing stuff here. Where did you learn to do that?

Kirby your new painting Kicks Ass. Keep up the great work!!
Later,
Spermy
EEEEEeeeeeAAAaaaAAAaAoOoOooOOWwowowOowo

Lookin' fine, kirby... Hail to the Chief!

Definitely defining a style for yourself. your paintings have evolved and I think you're getting better every time.

and I have to agree with POLYNESIAC about the foliage/background, keeps the eyes moving.

Thanks for posting

K
kirby posted on Sat, Sep 24, 2005 5:42 PM

you guys are great thanx for the encouragement, it keeps me goin...

The chief looks totally swank. Great stuff!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 1:03 AM

The foliage adds another dimension. Sweet. The colours pop heaps thanks to the black background. Cool stuff

K

300...Thanx tc...

H

cool art... thanx kirby! :)

Love that new painting Kirby. Cooler than cool, icy hot!

K
kirby posted on Sun, Oct 2, 2005 1:08 PM

Thangs alot man I realy dig your art too,your one of the tops in my book...

Kirby love the chief.Your work is owesome.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Oct 9, 2005 2:24 PM

just a simple tiki mask thingy...
15x30 acrylic on canvas

R

On 2005-10-09 14:24, kirby wrote:
just a simple tiki mask thingy...

Ha . simple to you maybe. I really like how you paint a frame around the tiki. Very cool.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Oct 9, 2005 5:56 PM

Cool man.

Just had an idea - see how you got the sloping background in that last one? Try painting lauhu matting?

M

Kirby-
The simplicity of this painting makes it great. I love it!
Wes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies