Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

K
kirby posted on Fri, Nov 4, 2005 3:45 PM

WoW, Thanks for all your feed back, Its nice to hear the raw feed from all you guys. Theres alot of great advice here and I will run with it.You guys are the best. The biggest mahalo to ya's...

Hey Kirby-
I agree with every comment made. But I really like Polynesiacs advice. I would love to have some more of your ART but I am on a pretty tight budget for the next couple of years. What I do know is that Laura and I really like the 2 Kirby paintings we do have. And eventually I would love to have more. You should come over some time and see your masterpieces in action!!!!
Later,
Spermy

K
kirby posted on Thu, Nov 10, 2005 6:44 PM

here is a quik sketch for the TC mug contest, I think i have it in the bag , hahah

Damn thats cool. You got my vote if it counts.

T

Kirby, thats a nice mug. Mine kinda looks like it. I did it three months ago. Its just some pionts that are similar, but I like this one. I like the TC too. Best so far. :wink:

I like it better that most of the existing mugs that I have. The slightly off center / asymmetrical look is catching on. I vote yes. Any Ideas of a side view?

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2005-11-11 16:25 ]

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 21, 2005 8:20 PM

aloha, Its been a while since ive posted anything new so here are a couple new paintings i had up at the last art show... and are still available for sale...
this one ive just ben callin underbite

this one is googie

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-12-21 20:21 ]

T

Nice stuff. Thats the Kirby stuff I like to see. I know you have prints of your work and I just made my first 0ne this weekend. Original is a 40x30 and the print that I did for my Dad is a 20x15 for 16.00 to print. The paper isn't anything great. I tell you,

K
kirby posted on Thu, Dec 22, 2005 5:08 PM

thanks teaky, merry xmas..

Lookin' fine, kirby! Your art has come a long way in a short time it seems... Congratulations, and keep kicking out cool stuff.

Very cool paintings Kirby. I hope that we can get together for a maitai in april at the lucky tiki.

Merry Christmas.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 7:08 PM

Here is another new one for ya...12x24 acrylic on canvas
"Yummy"

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 7:14 PM

Kirby,

I like it. That's a serious pair of legs! Have you been hangin' in the gentlemen's clubs looking for inspiration? :) :tiki:

-Gman

B

Kirby, just Look at you corrupting the young Innocent mind of that poor li'l tiki, you should Proud. I'm sure he is one happy tiki. Nice legs btw.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 4:12 PM

Thanx dudes,You can see my mind has been in the gutter lately...stay tuned it gets worse...

Very cool. Now if there was only a club like that near by..

F

Kirby, I'm all about legs and love to see them in this type of art. Cool piece, great job. I've been meaning to go in that direction myself.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 4, 2006 3:36 AM

Cool man! Love all the new pieces, very cool. All have that cool Kirby style, but there is definitely a growth in your style. Keep em comin Kirby, even the naughty ones man!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Jan 5, 2006 6:45 PM

you guys are dope ...thanx again...
here are a couple new pendents i made...it may be hard to see but they have blinking led lights for eyes... the first on im gonna put up on ebay along with som other pendants I made the second on cracked so im gonna have to figure a way to repair him and I probly just keep him for my callection...

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-01-05 18:56 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-01-05 19:49 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-01-05 19:51 ]

K
kirby posted on Thu, Jan 5, 2006 8:37 PM

by the way if anybody wants one of these guys I have the links over in tiki marketplace...mahalo...

I think that one winked at me.

Cool pendants Kirby 'ol bean,

Chongolio

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 6, 2006 5:16 AM

Cool pendants man. Leave it to Kirby to come up with a cool twist on a tiki.

B

Nice ones kirby, I especially like the 3rd one. It looks the best all around, but they are ALL neat. Well done and for adding the lights? You get an A+ for todays grade.

the 4th n 5th are killer. That's whats so cool about tikis, there are just ENDLESS possibilities.

KK

Aloha kirby brah!
Nice pendants cuz! I wish you could get a tighter, more focused shot of da kine so we can see all the master work on the carving! I like the blinking red eyes! Are they da kine L.e.d. lights? Looking good bruddah, keep up the good work!

Malama Pono!

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jan 6, 2006 9:05 AM

kaha.. these are sculpted with polimar clay and they are LED lights ,sorry about the pics my batteries died...

KK

Aloha brah!
Oh the polymer clay! You using da kine sculpey 2? I use the flesh colored super sculpey sometimes...Great stuff and if you cure it right, its way strong! I havent used any in years actually as my wife has stolen all my sculpey supplies, hand tools etc. and makes crazy little pendants and things li'dat! So, its all subtractive scuplture for me now but maybe Ill pick up the sculpey again someday!

Keep up the good work brah! I love the l.e.d. bruddah!

Malama Pono!

For miki'oi Authentic Hawaiian Makau, check out my website! You wont find mo bettah brah! http://www.cabanillamakau.com

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-06 10:18 ]

J

Those pendants are cool. The blinking lights are a neat idea. Can you get them to blink in morse code such as "my drink is empty"
JP

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jan 6, 2006 5:18 PM

no morse code but i think they can hipnotize drunk girls into thinking your hot....

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Jan 7, 2006 5:25 AM

Kirby,

Maybe you are on to something here, a whole new "Tiki Rave Club Scene"! Ok, maybe not, but the high tech tiki pendants rock!

-Gman

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 5:27 PM

thanks gman... Mabey They will sell better at a rave cuzz they dont seem to be flyin of the shlevs over on ebay... hahaha

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 5:48 PM

Kirby,

I'll buy them all if you mail me your buggy!!!

-Gman

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 6:30 PM

Thats one thing i cant sell sorry man but you can still buy all my pendents if you want....

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 7:00 PM

:)

K
kirby posted on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 5:11 PM

One good thing about finding all those logs is I get to carve again...

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 5:14 PM

Kirby,

This one looks just like me!

Nice job! What tools did you use?

-Gman

K
kirby posted on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 5:22 PM

I know the hard cores are gonna kill me but I bought a new angle grinder,and thats what I used mostly,I had a couple chops with the chisles though. It was so much fun though and way quiker i got about 2 hours on this dude including shuckin all the bark bark/fronds off(I hate that part)...

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-01-17 17:25 ]

Damn, Kirby, we just picked up those logs last night, hell i did not unload mine of my truck until about 1pm today. Nice work, see what you said about obsession. look forward to seeing the others.
TT

Kick ass Kirby ... you got a co-pilot for your buggy.
Nice work .

T

nice one Kirbs. Looks like that one has a small brain.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 5:58 PM

Kirby,

Torture that grinder until it fries. Sure beats stone/shell tools aye? Sorry, I got carried away :) Man, use what ever you have available to do the job, and what ever makes you happy. Sounds like you enjoyed the angle grinder? Maybe we can see more Kirby carvings around here now? This one is slick. I dig his hair and brow. Kirby Rocks!

-Gman

"The saw is family"

[ Edited by: GMAN 2006-01-17 18:41 ]

Kirby, forgot to ask, when are you gonna post a pic of that surfboard with the tropical painting. I think it would be a great submission for that new A Stuart Gallery show.
TT

K
kirby posted on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 8:03 PM

here you go tanked....Im not sure if im completly happy with this one to be in any art shows ,I painted it a couple years ago but maybye Ill let them see it and who knows...

Kirby, anything that takes off wood & gives you what you want - don't knock it. Being a real "purist" in any sense is BS in my opinion, anyways. Chisels, chainsaws, sandpaper, harsh words - whatever gets the job done! BTW, I really like that your tiki looks like a Kirby painting. No mistaking the style!

A-A

K
kirby posted on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 9:59 PM

AA, mabey Ill just have to throw this guy on a painting...

J

He carves, he paints, he makes red blinking eye rave party tikis. Great stuff. I like the style with the hair and eyes. What's wrong with power tools?
JP

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jan 18, 2006 4:22 PM

haha johny thats funny... Its not suposed to be hair, its suposed to be a beachcomber hat..but if you see hair thats cool tooo..hahaha but thanks anyway...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 18, 2006 9:30 PM

Cool tiki Kirby! I just got a log myself. Them power tools looking pretty tempting I gotta say. Whatever works for ya I reckon

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies