Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

K
kirby posted on Fri, Feb 3, 2006 2:53 PM

you got it guys. Its the trucks for a tikified skate board for the self propelled art show.... stay tooned...and thank for all your comments...mahalo..

Very cool shrunken head Kirby!

K
kirby posted on Fri, Feb 3, 2006 10:13 PM

Hello guys I'm posting this from a sidekick on the 15 on my way to vegas in the car... How fn cool is that....kirby

K
kirby posted on Sun, Feb 5, 2006 10:49 AM

here it is... a tiki-fied skate board...its not completly bamboo but hey im a painter so i just adde the wheels and truck as a added detail to the painting...

H
hmc posted on Sun, Feb 5, 2006 5:31 PM

I love it! A primitive skateboard! Wonderful idea, and good to see that you are doing so much art and creating.

R

Your a genius Kirby. I want one.

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Feb 5, 2006 5:59 PM

Look out for the stateboard deals to be coming your way. Your best yet.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Feb 6, 2006 2:28 PM

thanks dudes...

L
Loki posted on Mon, Feb 6, 2006 4:36 PM

Kirby,
Now that my friend is creative as hell. Awesome!

M

Ingenious. Gilligan would be proud to use it on his island halfpipe.

Nice Execution....:)

F

Wow, another original tiki art form! Very cool Kirby, very cool.

H
harro posted on Tue, Feb 7, 2006 5:37 AM

like, totally gnarly dude! RAD!!!!

sorry for that skater lingo outburst, but in all seriousless, this is an awesome idea. kinda makes me think this is what fred flintstone or barney rubble would ride on the way to the bedrock bowling alley!

keep up the unique and original art!

harro

B
Bete posted on Tue, Feb 7, 2006 6:52 AM

How fun is that skateboard, that's so awesome.

Kirbs, that is totally cool! What a neat idea. Maybe you can glue some sand on the other side for grip tape.

Chongolio

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2006-02-08 08:00 ]

Rapa Nui man,
that board is the shit dude.
great work,

hope to see ya soon,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

K
kirby posted on Wed, Feb 8, 2006 5:42 PM

Here are some driftwood tikis pendents and smaller stuff ive been playin around with...

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Feb 8, 2006 5:47 PM

NICE! You need to stop painting and KEEP CARVING!

-Gman

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 9, 2006 3:33 PM

What are you sayin Gman....I cant stop painting...nooooooooo...

B
Bete posted on Thu, Feb 9, 2006 3:48 PM

They look very nice.

J

Keep carving, but don't give up painting. You do great in both mediums.
JP

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 4:43 PM

No, don't stop painting....just stop long enough to keep carving (without stopping). If you can understand that, you're a better man than me. Where's my drink....

-Gman

K
kirby posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 6:17 PM

ok gocha gman...
Here is another pendent...

Here is that last one in the previous post but stained

B

Now did you Paint those or carve them? I think you should either carve them or paint them whichever you didn't do just to confuse everyone. What, Me confused already?
Nice pendants.

K
kirby posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 6:39 PM

Heres my first Tiki lamp...

H
hmc posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 6:49 PM

No f***ing way! That is AWESOME!!!

You rock kirby - it's great to see you use so many mediums.

YO Kirby-
That lamp is really cool. Keep up the great work and the killer ideas!! Thanks for postin pic's!!
Rock On,
Spermy

B

When does this man ever stop? Kirby, you better be careful, you are beginning to create a reputation for yourself that you will Have to live by. The lamp is very unique, one of a kind andtruely remarkable. Very nice.

E
Eric posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 7:36 AM

Wow Kirby!
Taking a form of art and putting your
style into it,making it uniquely your own.The stylized tiki paintings are a good example.The originality and quality of alot of your stuff is goood to see.
Keep it up ,Your stuff has totally inspired me.

Great lamp kirb! I love the shade!!!

Very cool carvings too awesome stuff!!!!

J

The bamboo shade was a great touch!
JP

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 5:01 PM

Kirby,

I agree with JP. Very cool. Your place is gonna look like the Skipper and Gilligan's hut with all that island-style you're making. Neato! I need one of those!

-G

Stop it!! Now your just showing off.
I am so impressed by the massive range of mediums that your using. Keep it up Kirby.

J
john posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2006 2:13 AM

now if you could only fix the hole in the boat :)

[ Edited by: john 2006-02-13 02:14 ]

K

You guys are great ...Thank you...

I absolutely love the lamp Kirby!!!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Feb 19, 2006 3:45 AM

Great stuff Kirby! I love the skateboard - nice original idea. Very cool. And cool carvings, and lamps too! Sweet!

K
kirby posted on Sat, Feb 25, 2006 1:55 PM

here are a few more tikis i carved...

Im gonna be bringing thes dudes to the lucky tiki art show this sunday for anybody whos interested..

T

Looks a bit like Crazy Al's and tiki Diablos tikis. LOve their work and love the new style you picked up. Your best yet and I would love to own one of these babies

K
kirby posted on Sat, Feb 25, 2006 2:40 PM

hey teakey, I hear ya about they look simalar to those dudes, I wasnt realy tryin to do that but cryzy al and diablo are masters and a couple of my faverate artists so I guess the rubbed of on me a bit. As I get better a carving Ill definatly be workin on my very own style unmistakenly KIRBY..

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Feb 25, 2006 2:46 PM

Kirby,

Those look like Kirby tikis to me...dang nice ones too. I hope you sell them all and make a killin'

-Gman

B

Kirby. you have been holding out on us again. Those tikis look great. Nice carving, nice colors and nice finish. Lets see sopme progress shots next time.
COOL

Fine looking carvings Kirby!

Great stuff, maybe one day I'll own a few.

J

Nice looking tikis. How did you do the stain, unless of course it is a trade secret?
JP

Kirby,

Who cares the style your inspired by as long as you keep turning out super nice stuff like that.

Your carving is tip top.

Whoa, Kirb you're just as proficient with a brush as you are with your chisels. GREAT carvings. MM is right, we're all inspired by other artists and sometimes it shows through. I love the mouths on those.

Okay, sell these bad boys on Sunday, then carve up some more for Oasis...I wanna see tikis EVERYWHERE!!!!!

POLYNESIAC - putting the 'F' back in ART

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2006-02-25 22:02 ]

Kirby-
Those new Tiki's are Beautiful!!! They look great!!! Thanks for posting Pic's. I hope you do well at the Lucky Tiki tomorrow!!
Later,
Spermy

H

Cool new tikis man! Nice work. Great to see em

K

Thanx alot guys , Im havin a blast creating these days and im glad I have people who care to share my stuff with..
Here is a piece I did for the lucky tiki, This is my first wood wall hanging and my first carved frame..

Anf This is a new painting I just finished for the art show im just calling it "guarding the beach" for now
12x24 acrylic on canvas

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies