Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

T

That lucky tiki is one sweet number. I bet its hard to let that thing go expect thats its going to a good home.

Kirby,

Killer Tikis.

You are quite the artist being able to fluctuate from one medium to the next.

The tikis you made for the tiki show are outstanding, I wish I was rich.

Will

J
john posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 3:06 PM

i think this mixed media feller is the best one you've shared with us. awesome work!
-john

J

Your mixed media stuff rocks!
JP

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 4:52 PM

Kirby,

That Lucky Tiki is the schnizzel fo shizzel! Where are you coming up with all this TIME? I am very jealous. Killer stuff! Did you sell all those other tikis at the show?

-Gman

"The saw is family"

[ Edited by: GMAN 2006-02-27 16:52 ]

B

I agree with both Johns, Fantastic new stuff Kirby. It must be sumthin you are eating, Something's changet, and Look what it does to your art!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 6:16 PM

thanks guys...Gman..Time?...My pool route is definaltly suffering as a result, but hopfuly I can make up the diferance buy selling this stuff, on that note didnt sell any of the tikis at the show but i did make a couple killer trades. I traded the big squinty eyed guy with the tounge and teeth, for a flaming eyed wall mask, and i traded bigtikidude a small tiki for a 6 foot palm log so it worked out...

H
hewey posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 6:28 PM

Man that Lucky Tiki piece is ya best yet! I really like it, that would look awesome on any bar wall. Nice work dude.

Kirby - that framed lucky tiki is AWESOME. ou should do a couple more of the same style- I think those would sell. I know I'd buy one. Sorry I missed the show, it sounded like fun

F
foamy posted on Tue, Feb 28, 2006 4:56 AM

Tol' ya I liked that Lucky Tiki. I like 'em even better in his most recent incarnation.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Feb 28, 2006 5:56 PM

benzart wanted progress pics but I had already started on him whe he said that so here is my newest tiki at the 80% mark..

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Feb 28, 2006 6:03 PM

:) :) :) SWEET! :lol:

-Gman

J

That's over the top!!
JP

T

You don't see that everyday. Wait have I seen this ever. Great job. Its the first time that I have seen the teeth carved like that. Is it October 31th yet, cause this is going to kick pumpkin ass.

COOL! Unusual texture style...I think you're on to somethin'.

How tall - it looks very tall.

It is commissioned, for sale or personal worship?

K
kirby posted on Tue, Feb 28, 2006 6:40 PM

thanks dudes. The texture comes from a #9 curved chisle (the first real chisle Ive ever owned,I just picked it up the other day) Chris Im sure it will be for sale at sum point but Ive always wanted to carve a tiki with lights in it so Im doing it for me first of all, but you know me I try and sell everything...

B

Thanks Kirby, That's what I'm talkin about. Now we can see how you do it nad wonder where you are going and how you are going to finish it. It's Killer already, and you got More to go??

Great going, kirby! Another killer job....

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 7:03 PM

Awesome Kirby! Cant wait to see that guy finished up and photo'd at night!

Makes me want to steal the idea!. Add a smog machine, put a colored globe on it, put in the front garden and rig it up to a motion sensor. Then when someones walks up to it gets foggier and the light slowly increases in brightness.

K
KAHAKA posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 7:16 PM

That is cool and I am liking it!

H
harro posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 4:35 AM

wow the glow on that one gives out some MEAN presence - i love it!

and also echoing others complements on the lucky tiki too - excellent stuff

mmm...tiki glow...AWESOME!

Whoa! In Mass. we'd say that was wicked.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 4:51 PM

here is sumwhat of a progres pic of a new framed tiki thing Im workin on commision...sorry for no earlier progress stages but i just get wrapped up in the prossess sumtimes..

J

Nice frame. I like the elements.
JP

K

thanks dude..

J
john posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 12:03 AM

you're mixed media pieces are amazing an definetly bring you to the next level

K
kirby posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 4:10 PM

this is pretty much how its gonna look except I think im gonna use a red velvety background like the lucky tiki piece. just haf to sucure it to the back and walla it will be done..

P

i really like that frame. you should post some how to's.

Kirby- This stuff gets better each time I see it. This hints at Gecko's wall masks (which I've always liked), yet it is your own style, which is cool in it's own right. Great going!

Just awsome. Very, very cool. I really like all the difference in colors between the woods. Are they all different types, or just stained differently?

Kirby Great Job!!! Keep em comming!!!

J
john posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 5:17 PM

that is AWESOME!

cool item Kirby...I like the design and the frame and the matting...oh heck...i like the whole
thing...and congrats on having it sold already!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 5:38 PM

Awesome kirby! youve developed a great style with these mixed pieces. Has hints of witco and something else i cant put a finger on

K
kirby posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 9:44 PM

thanks guys ...fink the are just stained differently....

K
kirby posted on Tue, Mar 21, 2006 6:06 PM

a couple new paintings im workin on well pretty much done.. this one im calling "heads for sale" the sign says heads for sale and longpig meat sorry for the crappy pic
12x24 acrylic on canvas

this one is called um i guess tiki sumthin, not sure what to call it yet..
18x36 acrylic on canvas

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-03-22 15:15 ]

H
hmc posted on Tue, Mar 21, 2006 6:13 PM

I really love "tiki sumthin" - it's bright, there's enough happening in it but it's not too busy. Wonderful!

K
kirby posted on Tue, Mar 21, 2006 8:03 PM

thanks dude Ill try and get better pics of the other one tomarrow that one sucks...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 22, 2006 4:26 AM

Cool man - I love tiki somethin too! Very nice.

B

Me too, Tiki Sumthin is Sumthin else. and another edition to the Kirby Corral.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Mar 22, 2006 3:21 PM

here are a couple more new things...
this paintings is a highly textured abstracty painting i did on one of my reject canvases..
"7 tikis" 18x24 acrylic on canvas

this is another new tiki its under 2 feet tall

I love how the headhunter's in your paintings have their lips sewn shut like they were shrunken heads come to life! Too funny, nice artwork Kirby.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Mar 22, 2006 7:18 PM

One more thing im workin on , its gonna be a carved wall hanging inspred by my guarding the beach painting.
just a peek at what i have done so far...

Dude, You're on FIRE! I love the paintings and the newest witco-ish wall hanging. very cool!

Kirby MAN your gonna have to replace the floor tile in you Pad . Love the two Footer, im gonna have to take him and get his arms FLAMED . Nice Work Dude.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Mar 23, 2006 3:35 PM

thanks dudes...jymmy...Floor tile???????

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies