Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

K
kirby posted on Mon, Apr 17, 2006 2:57 PM

a couple new framed tikis, a framed hawaii map, and the reberth of an old tiki(well not that old...and
"casa polynesiac de kirby" our tiki hut for oasis..
this frame is completely carved by hand(no power tools).

hawaii map frame

Framed Tiki#4

This is a new birth for this guy...
Before

After

and this is 'casa polynesiac de kirby" we will have all our stuff on display in and around this at oasis...

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-04-17 14:59 ]

T

all of the stuff you posted looks great, but i think the 1st frame is my favorite. it looks great and an awesome job hand carving it. keep up the great work!!

It all looks great. :D I love the Hawaii map and the first frame also.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Apr 17, 2006 8:25 PM

thanx... hey fink are you goin to oasis...

J

I wish I were going to Oasis to see your work in person. I liked the straw hat tiki the original way, but you did a bang up job on the character during the rework.

JP

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Apr 18, 2006 4:01 PM

Kirby,

I'm diggin' that rework on the tiki. He's stylin'. I also like your hut and the framed tikis. Nice stuff. Good luck at the show.

-Gman

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 18, 2006 5:44 PM

to bad you cant come to oasis johnny, but if you ever come to cali your welcome to stop by my pad...
thank gman.. ill be happy if i at least break even at oasis i got to make at least $600 to cover the trip, room, booth... itle probly work out though....

I am liking the redo on the straw hat tiki.
Again , Huge Mahalo for the gifts and your hospitality.

BUY Kirby's art people !!! before he gets to famous and we cant afford it!!!

Bold. Straightforward. Eyecatching.

Your wood on wood framed idols really P0P! off firey red kirby!!!

Tiki Suave. Sweeet AlOhA.

Shaka!

flip-flop-flippp...

H
hewey posted on Tue, Apr 18, 2006 7:41 PM

Awesome stuff Kirby - your definitely coming up in a big way. It's great to watch you grow. Keep it up :)

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 3, 2006 9:21 PM

here are some new prints with hand made frames for oasis...

the flip flop is for size referance size 10

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-05-03 21:27 ]

Kirby's stuff is AWESOME!!! How much for the flip flop?

I can't wait to see it, bro!

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 3, 2006 10:04 PM

im not sure if i can part with the flip flop ..its been im my family for many generations... but mabey i will consider tradeing it for one of your tikis....

H
hewey posted on Thu, May 4, 2006 12:01 AM

Cool stuff Kirby! Good luck with the selling thing!

Flippity-fLip-fl0ppN-flipPp...!!!

B

KIrby, More Kuel stuff. I don't think you have enough for everyone who wnts it. Wish I was there. This as gonna be a tough show to miss, especially this year. Go man Go!

R

Hope your having a blast at Oasis.

Kirby.... loved seeing your stuff at Oasis... the pics just don'tdo it justice!

G
GMAN posted on Mon, May 8, 2006 4:58 AM

Kirby,

What was the final tally? How did you make out out? I hope the car was a lot lighter coming home....

-Gman

K
kirby posted on Tue, May 9, 2006 10:32 AM

I had a great time at oasis... I sold alot of stuff mostly lil stuff and a couple paintings.plus i made a few awsome trades...I was hopeing the sales would take care of the booth trip cost,room,rental and I exseeded my goal by a few bucks, plus met a bunch of cool people and saw alot cool things.. So I say it was a awsome experiance A++..Ill post some pics later on.. and thanx for all the support. also thanks to every one who stoped buy the booth and said hi...

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, May 9, 2006 2:19 PM

Sounds like it worked out great; Sweet!

K
kirby posted on Tue, May 9, 2006 5:48 PM

heres a few pics of i took at oasis...
the hut from the front

crazy al admiring my fine work

some of polynesiacs fine shwag

a couple tikis hangin outside the hut

What a great time we had ...

G
GMAN posted on Tue, May 9, 2006 5:48 PM

Kirby,

I'm glad you made your expenses and had a good time. I was hoping to hear that you were resigning from pool duty. Hopefully soon. Keep pushing forward, and keep your creativity flowing. Good things come to those who make them happen. You can make this happen!

-Gman

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 9, 2006 7:47 PM

Glad you made budget man! Looks like a cool set up. Well done

C

Kirby and Polynesiacs booth looked great but their customer service needs help!
Good to hang out with you again Kirby and too meet Jim in real time,
Chongolio

Sweet hut. That's alot of nice art in one place, looks like u guys had a blast.

I am diggin' that pirate!

K
kirby posted on Fri, May 12, 2006 4:51 PM

That pirate was carved by the one and only Polynesiac.. Its one of my faverates also...

J

Wish I could have been there. Looks like a blast.

Glad you did well. Seeing all your art in that wonderful hut/booth made me all green with envy.

JP

K
kirby posted on Sat, May 20, 2006 5:16 PM

hers a new tiki im workin on Its about 6 foot tall.i have about 3 sessions on it. I plan on puting some time in on the one considering Its been pretty hard for me to find big logs like this so i dont want to waist it...by the way thanks big tikidude for the log...

J

I like that style and design. It definitely has Kirby in it and that is a good thing. I'd love to carve in palm someday, a 6 ft piece would be a treasure to me.

JP

Thats looking good Kirby. I really like how you have left the bark on.
Someone get this man more big logs!!
Cause kirby is kickin ass.

G
GMAN posted on Sat, May 20, 2006 6:12 PM

SWEET! Kirby's goin' HUGE! Look great! I'm diggin the eyes.

-Gman

B

Hey Kirby,Nice Oasis pix. Your new tiki looks great too, How Huge IS that thing. He is getting some fine detail, Keep posting pix of this guy!

Very cool. Nice seeing the Kirby style in the carving. Gonna like seeing the final product.

H

Kirby, that is a very nice piece you made. I love the way you have 2 different textures going on. It really is nice. Can you post more pictures of it?

H
hewey posted on Sat, May 20, 2006 9:35 PM

Awesome piece man! Your coolest carved tiki by far man - cant wait to see it get the Kirby touch :)

K

you guys are great ... I ll keep you posted... Im gonna try and do some more work on it tommarow ...

H

Kirby any more pictures of the 6 foot tiki?

Hey Kirby! Your carvings have been blowing me away! NICE!

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 4:13 PM

thanks kev... Here arrr sum ubdates hil...

I still need to clean him up a bit and im debating on if i want to add a lil body to him ..and then stain and seal of course...thanks ...kirby

G
GMAN posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 4:37 PM

Kirby,

I think trying to put a body on there may be a bit tight. I think he looks grand as he is. I think he would look great with a body, but I would hate to see him get killed so late in the game. Let us know where you wind up. Great work. Thanks for posting pics!

-Gman

Boy, Kirb, that tiki is something else. 6ft o' tiki goodness...Yummy! I say no body. I'm all about big heads and little bodys, but I don't think there's enough space there.

I like a lot of head on my tiki

I'm diggn' on the mouth and those teeth. I'ma teeth freak when it comes to tikis - I think the mouth is the most important part of the tiki, next being the eyes. It's also my favorite part to carve. Those teeth are big and nice...they look like real chompers. You going to carve the mouth out all the way? I think deep mouths are cool.

You got some crazy detail going there, kirb, I think you should get some more 6 foot (or bigger) logs and go hog-wild.

thanks for the updates, they're looking good....

H
hewey posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 8:13 PM

No body!

Absolutely loving this one!

looks great like that kirby! i need to get one of your big tikis.

Hey Kirby,
After you mentioned that you started on the Log I traded to you, and you told me to check it out. WoW!!!!!
Killer man, I'm just jealous that I didn't keep it and do it myself. but it had already been sitting on the side of my house fo r3 years. And it still would be today.
Since I was the source of the log, you gotta give me first dibs on it. I may not be able to pay for it all at once. but I'd make payments.

also I say no body too.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

K

looking good kirby you got many skilz

F
foamy posted on Fri, Jun 2, 2006 5:16 AM

Pretty darn nice Kirby. I like that you've left the bark on, or do you plan to take it off? At any rate, it's my favorite carving that you've done. Nice job.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies