Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

T

Ditto... the palm bark looks great! Will it stay on by itself, or do you do something to it to preserve it?

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jun 2, 2006 5:43 PM

I will probly leave it on the top part then Im thinkin of staining it then give it a poly coat that should keep it in pretty good shape. But i dont think its realy nessicary to do anything to it gap its already been on for three years so i dont think its goin any where soon...

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-06-02 17:45 ]

Looks great like it is...I'd keep it old Florida style...(no body).

B

Kirby, I'm with Poly on this guy, his mouth and teeth are really Excellent. You put a Lot of time in this guy and it shows, Especailly in the teeth, but the rest of the detail is Right On too. This has to be your Finest tiki. Nice and smoothe with the chisel tracks showing in all the right places.
Vwey Well DONE,,Don't try to add a body.

F

I agree too, he's looking really nice. I always think of you as a painter, so when I saw this guy my jaw dropped!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 4:26 PM

My new resin army... These are the first batch of some reson cast tiki pendents im duin. It has been a lot harder than i thougt and hasnt been cheap but i think the first batch turned out pretty good...I, planing on making a limited number of 25 or sumthin...

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-06-07 16:28 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-06-07 17:28 ]

F

Very cool Kirby! I was thinking of doing the same thing, maybe just 20 or 25 pieces. Those look real classy, if your starting a list then put me down for one. :)

A

Nice. How big are those?

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 4:55 PM

thanks fink ill add you to the long list but wait until i sell all mine before you make yours you will take all my business away .
aikman they are about 3 inches tall and 1 inch wide...

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-06-07 16:59 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-06-07 17:25 ]

A

Hey Kirby,
Please put me down for one. I like the reddish one 3rd from the left if it's not spoken for.

J

Those are toooooo cooool!
JP

i definitely want one of those, or two, kirby

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-06-07 20:55 ]

TD

oh man are those cool. defenitly some tiki spirit running there. keep it going good work.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jun 8, 2006 12:02 AM

Cool man! Little Kirby tikis everywhere! :)

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jun 11, 2006 7:22 PM

Here is one of my resin tikis "Mr Hot Lava"...

B

Kirby, he really looks like he is On Fire! Really nice effect, well done.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jun 12, 2006 6:29 AM

Mr lava is HOT man. Looks great

kirby, you're as cool as mr hot lava is hot! mahalo for sending him my way!

you lucky dog, KING! you beat me to him. THat's one hot design, kirb.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jun 12, 2006 8:48 PM

Kirby,

You're still working like a rabid dogg on meth??? Keep it up, I'm loving this stuff. How did you make the lava "glow" like it is hot?

-Gman

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jul 24, 2006 3:03 PM

hers sum new pendents and my new resin army. I will hopfuly be making about 100 of the resin pendents this time I have 20 so far..

And stay tuned for a new big tiki im workin on now. I have a total of 24 hours on it so far progress pic are on there way...

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jul 24, 2006 3:23 PM

Kirby,

Are you casting those Yo-seff? Do tell......how do you do it?

Sweet carvings man!

-Gman

H

Super cool, Kirby-that lava tiki really is outstanding. Is that some sort of glaze or what? It's very vivid and, well, lava-y. Looks like real lava, I'm tyring to say.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jul 24, 2006 3:54 PM

surfnturf... I painted it with acrylic paint..

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jul 24, 2006 4:54 PM

Awesome stuff man! Some great looking pendants youve got going on there!

The pendants look great. I've been looking into creating molds - just haven't bit the bullet, yet. Keep 'em coming.

The lava one blows me away.

B

Kirby I Liikee. Your pendants have style and Great color and the detail, looks tight and Hot!

i really dig the new pendants, kirby! especially the lono.

Nice pendants, Kirby. I'm diggin' mine! Of the new ones I like the second from the right the best, I think.

Kirby-
I am glad to see more stuff comming outta you!!! All of your new pendants look freakin great!! I can't wait to see what that big tiki is going to look like. I to hang with you soon!!!
Later,
Spermy

W

Hey Kirby,
your pendants are awesome. Great works as always.

[ Edited by: Wolli 2006-07-25 00:36 ]

K
kirby posted on Tue, Jul 25, 2006 2:32 PM

thanks guys i appreciate the feed back...

good work man. i really like mr lava. keep the good stuff comming

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 25, 2006 10:32 PM

Which one is GROG's?

K
kirby posted on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 5:28 PM

Heres my newest palm tiki,its about 4 feet,and i think i spent about 20 plus hours to carve it, but i seemed to learn alot so thats a good thing..Im just callin him "teeth grabber" for now..

Flippity-flOpp'in-SsweeetT carve Kirby! CRAZY,reminds me of numbing a bad toothache... by dislocating the jaw!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

awesome !!!

no sugar coated responce , it is just a awesome carving Kirby.

Fantastic design there man! I love it. Love all the cuts, and texture, stain too.

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 7:23 PM

Man Kirby! Demms some fancy chisel cuttings there! What an interesting looking bugger. I always love what you do, and this guy is no exception. Two thumbs up man! How did you get to putting the hands in that position? I know there is a story here. Sell this guy for a million bucks and put the cash into that buggy. I wanna see some updates on that bad boy.

Thanks for sharing an excellent carve,

Gman

P
Paipo posted on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 7:25 PM

:up: agreed, the chisel marks and the subtle colouring really work nicely on this guy. I'd be stoked if I could make something that good in 20 hours.

P

hey, kirby, that's pretty nice. are you going to make big resin casts of that? ;-P

i hope you're making the san diego carving seminar.

H
Heath posted on Sat, Aug 26, 2006 8:58 PM

Very nice! I hope you're coming to the Oki Oki so I can watch your chips fly!

good stuff there man. the hands are awsome as well as the feet and well.....everything is amazing.

great work

G
GROG posted on Sun, Aug 27, 2006 1:06 AM

You forgot the genitalia.

[ Edited by: grog 2006-08-27 12:59 ]

H
hewey posted on Sun, Aug 27, 2006 6:02 AM

That guys has character in spades man! LOVE IT! :)

B

YEs, KIrby, this is an Excellent tiki. The expression is really cool. The tiki obviously has a bad toothache or headache and is very unhappy about it.

I love that thing. Great work.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies