Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

Yeeeaaaah! That thing is on Point ,Kirbz... Its a Beauty... Keep that stuff rollin' out.. It seems to be gettin better and better and better....Sorry...Balls Out!

KIRBY...that is just plain O'nilla SICK!!! :o Whatever you're do'in...STOP! :wink:
You're gonna flood the market with these things and depreciate my 'Heads for Sale'!!!

Now just go and pull the hair outta those brushes, break dem chizzl'z and pour out that flat pastey Ol'paint cause it just ain't working out braddah???

Paint By Numbers...that's where it's at man, TRUST ME! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

MR

Your best work yet. Glad to see you're still going strong. Very nice.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 3, 2007 8:34 PM

Heres antoher frame I did for my longtiki painting...hope you enjoy!!!

very nice man Kool Detail .

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 3, 2007 11:11 PM

thanks jymmy, cant wait for the tikifarm event....

Kirby,

I like how your frames inhance the art and not take away from the art.

Some of the other stuff out there is way too busy!

Keep it up!!!

Rock on!!!

On 2007-04-03 23:28, RevBambooBen wrote:

I like how your frames inhance the art and not take away from the art.

Some of the other stuff out there is way too busy!

I agree with the humble Reverend...your ON to something with these matched pieces! Keep up the great workZ Kirby!!! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

C

Excellent frames and paintings!! Congrats!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Apr 4, 2007 6:06 PM

well i try and keep it simple you know...thanks...kirby

K
kirby posted on Thu, Apr 5, 2007 6:43 PM

here are a couple new pendents the first one is for the tiki treasures and polynesian pinups show.

** Chizzlin' NUTZ!!! **
Me wanna Bwana! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

K
kirby posted on Sat, Apr 7, 2007 6:55 PM

heres sum more pics of the pendents..

and a couple of my favs...
These are hand painted with 18kt. solid gold leaf. only available at the tiki farm parking lot sale...

heres stoney

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure

[ Edited by: kirby 2007-04-07 18:56 ]

Kirby,
I really dig the tiki/wahine pendant an Stoney. I hope your gonna do sum resin copies as I'd like a chance to get one.

ST

Very cool stuff. I really dig the the gold tooth!

K
kirby posted on Sun, Apr 8, 2007 9:47 AM

sneaky.. the wahini pendent is gonna be available a the tiki treasures and polynesian pinups show but if there is any left after I will be offering them up to the people who could not attend so keep the lookout...mahalo...kirby

the Black & Gold is the Kats MEOWWWWWWWW . Reminds Me of Lava rock & Gold 45 Records

YAY KIRBY!
when it rains, it pours! feast or famine! Loving all these new treasures and the frames keep on gettin better and better!!! See you on Saturday!

YO-YO KIRBZ! Hey EVERYBODY...if your headed to the Tiki Farm Event, ya need ta beat feet over to 'Kirby's Mad-Mad-Krazy-Gone-Wild Booth' and score your very own; ORIGINAL KIRBY paintings with matching carved frame, pendants (wood & resins), and INSANE CHOP-chop TIKIS!!! :D

MAHALOZ KIRBY for making my tiki wall a little brighter braddah..."HEADS FOR SALE" anyone?!?!! :D HuuuTaaaH!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

Kirby,

I wonder if there wouldn't be a market for some photo sized frames of cast resin? Your frames would look really cool around a photo too. I can't even imagine the logistics of a cast frame though. You certainly know what your doing, just an ideer. BTW the pendant design with Ku in profile body/front view face is very clever and great fun to look at.

Travelin' Jones,

When I look at your tiki wall I hear Julie London singing "love for sale" which then picks up in tempo and she starts screaming the chorus "Heads for Sale"! :)

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-12 07:40 ]

K
kirby posted on Wed, Oct 29, 2008 8:42 PM

It seems like forever since I posted on this thread but im slowly getting back into carving again after way to long.. it kinda feels like im starting all over again,but it feels good to get the artistic blood flowin..
here is some things I have been working on fot the past month or two.
first is the tonga hut pendant..it started as a birthday presant for grog but I ended up taking it back and making sume casts of it for the tonga hut 50th birthday party.based on the big tiki outside

Next is a wall mask/shield also based on the tik outdide, it now hangs at the backdoor entrance..

and finally a 9 foot telephone pole I found in an alley behind my house I was planning on going a different direction on it but, as I was roughing it out with a chainsaw, my legs started burning from whatever cancer causing chemicals these things have in them . So I cut the carving session off shorter than would have wanted .

B

What, KIRBY? Who is this Kirby guy, Anyone we know around here> The Name rings a bell but, but, OH Yeah,,, KIRBY, Where you been man? We gave you up for lost a long time ago, Welcome Back. Of course carving those telephone poles will keep you around even longer as it seems you got a good dose of the Preservatives they left for 'ya. It's not the Cancer causing stuff I'd worry about , it's the DEATH causing stuff that is most worrisome! :)
Good to see you back Kirby!

Nice and fun stuff Kirby....I really dig the telephone pole.
Excellent use of color....great design.
Good to see your art again.

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Oct 30, 2008 6:40 AM

KIRBY! Sheeeze...I thought you defected......welcome back man!

-G$

Welcome back. We've missed you around here. Glad things are going good enough for you to start doing some art again.

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Oct 30, 2008 7:46 AM

Kirby -

Knowing how you feel about posts here on TC - it's great to see you updating your thread and keeping us current on your art and stuff.

Cheers! :tiki:G

G
GROG posted on Thu, Oct 30, 2008 9:13 AM

HEY! KIRBY'S BACK!

aw crap.

YAY!
Kirb's back in the Swing o'Things!
Could tell you were charging up last time we talked!
That 9-footer is too Cool!
A little bit of stylization and
a hint of WITCO inspiration!
I like!
i think they coat Telephone poles with some kinda tar or somethin
to keep the squirrels off em!
wear a respirator next time
and pants!
:lol:

Welcome Back!

Hooray for us!

About time Kirby!! Great seeing you at oasis,cant wait to see what new stuff your cookin up!

Hey there Kirbople!

I like your tonga hut pieces A LOT

I had no idea you had completed that much of the phone pole - it looks great, I love the color as well!

Kirby your shit rulez the school!! I really like the way you framed the sweet looking Tonga Hut Moai!! I am digging on the telephone pole too!! I cant wait to visit Casa De Kirby again!! You Fucking Rock, Dude!!!

H

Kirby, I am happy you are back. Your artwork is always good, I like your execution and design and I like the overall look of all your stuff.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Oct 30, 2008 8:56 PM

you guys are too nice thanks, I ll try and keep things movin on my art and postings..mahalos...kirby

H
hewey posted on Fri, Oct 31, 2008 2:52 AM

Yeeeeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa - Kirby's back! :D :D Good to see you mate. Hows that buggy going?

K
kirby posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2008 9:55 AM

my new tiki that is..

and her is a sneak peak at a couple of palm tikis im workin on..Ill keep you posted..

and hewey..the buggy is goin good but no new prpgress to post..
thanks for lookin peeps...

Gotta love the small stuff!!

K
kirby posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2008 9:24 AM

then here is another lil guy..

aloha's
kirby

K
kirby posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2008 9:30 PM

Tiki kanoo.. This seems to be a recurring theme these days so I thought id make a pendant out of it..Its also partly inspired by some of ken ruzics pieces,(but I realy dont wanna give him very much of the credit)

aloha's kirby

B

Big or small stuff, it's incredible.

Benjamin.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2008 11:17 PM

Kirbs!! Your carving is on fire! Good stuff.

kirby is back!

Love the kanoo!

Very cool concept and great execution!

Thats an awesome carve. Keep up the great work.

Kirby You F**kin Rock!!

This guy is AWESOME!!! Ditto on the "You F'n rock!"
How big is this? I can't tell the scale.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 3, 2008 8:09 AM

Dudes...thank you, but you guys f**kin rock..(except grog).
tyler..hes only a lil over 3 inches tall but he,s a very strong paddler and determined to get where hes going...

Who is this "kirby" anyway? Didn't he used to be "somebody"?? Hhhmmm... :wink:

T

Kirby - NICE FRIKKEN STUFF !

Glad you're carvin and paintin again.
Those lil' tikis are cool !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies