Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

MWAWR!
Hiss!
:)

and about me laying down in your booth... I wasnt drunk i was sick from taco surf, i had a terrible headache and was sick to my stomach.. and I got stuck in a corner with no room to sit..I also was talking you up as the most awesome artist to everybody that stopped by while you were out smoking and even help sum people pick out the perfect llt painting,so have a lil compassion and take back the bad comment.. it hurt my feelings

well then you shouldn't drink when you're sick...
:lol:

Sorry EEyore!
next subject please....

K
kirby posted on Sat, Mar 28, 2009 4:11 PM

Hey carvers,and other artist types or whoever.. Im thinkin of having an impromptu carvin and art party/hang at the rumpus room today sunday march 29th, Starts at 10 am.. I live in lacrescenta CA (near Glendale) so if your within driving distance and are interested in duin sum art, carvin and hangin in the the rumpus room.. let me know.. I dont have any loaner tools or extra logs or anything so you will need to bring your own supplies..mabey we will take up a collection for pizza or sumthing I havent realy planned it out or anything but im gonna be there carvin and shit so your welcome join me .. pm me if your interested...mahalo...kirby

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-03-28 16:15 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-03-28 16:33 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-03-29 10:04 ]

K
kirby posted on Sat, Mar 28, 2009 7:15 PM

Spermy's in...who else?

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 29, 2009 12:43 AM

GROG try and swing by for a spell.

K

cool, tobunga said hes gonna stop buy as well.. who eva else wants to hang out is welcome... we will be here...

BD

guess i checked my mail to late. it's kinda a long commute ....but i hope the carvin was swell and the drinkin not swill and that you at least took photos to post.

bd

S

Kerbster great carves love them.
So much detail in them.

Great shot on the beach love it.

Right on winners! Lets hear it for Kirby's Island. Really Kirby, your art does keep getting better & better. I love my hand painted pendants no one does a better job at it than you from beginning to end. Kudos Kirby :)

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 7, 2009 4:48 PM

This lil ku tiki was not fortunate enough to be born with the fancy headdress of the lono tikis he admired so he decided he would build his own out of bamboo.. (littlelosttiki is working on a more detailed and exciting story for you ,but for now thats all I got).I present to you."wanna-be-a-lono"

mahalos..kirby

Absolute Genius, Kirbs!

An small illustrated storybook to go along with this piece would be a wonderful paring!

That break you took really recharged the creative electrons... this piece is over the top cool!

BD

sweet piece kirby. love the ingenious use of bamboo on your guy. can't wait to hear the "real" story behind his headdress.

bd

Great stuff kirby! I'm still diggin that pendant you gave me in '07! It hangs in my office, so I see it everyday....

T

Nice headdress on that guy, and I am digging his bamboo necklace too. I never thought I'd see a poser tiki.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 9:24 AM

mabey "poser" will be his nickname

sam... nice to hear from you man and im glad you still have that pendant, you r on a nice start in your carving career, keep it up..

Wanna-be-a-Lono.....
Perfect twist on the standard KU....
fits right into your work perfectly...
always suspected tikis having "head dress envy"
Very cool!

keep up with the great work,Kirbs!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 9:45 AM

thanks LLT, thats a great story...

"Head Dress Envy" now that is funny!! Way to go Kirby!!

Oh yeah I wanna come over soon so I can finish hackin on this rotten Log.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 10:09 AM

spermy Iwas just showin tikiyaki a few things and he busted out a tiki the other day,..he wants to carve another one so we will have to get together soon for another round...

L

I really like the "Wanna Be" piece a lot. Thank goodness for originality!

I plan on copying this as soon as I find some wood to do so Kirby :wink:

B

Kirby, How izzit you Always come out with the Neatest little gadgets that put your tikis Over the top. You are one of the Very Creative guys around here and you just walk along, taking your time then blowing us away with the simplest of things. You have earned much respect here!
I would love to see your stuff happen More Often?

C

Awww! Very cool, I love him! You have a great style and personality that can not be copy

S

Right on Kerbster he is a good looking carve nice shape, lines and
body. I love the little couple nots up stairs, then the full wood set.
very cool.

Awsum posum Kirby . Your flippin Rockin Man !!!!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 11:12 PM

High concept in low-brow art. Be careful, you might hurt yourself.

Two semi-opposable thumbs up.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Apr 9, 2009 8:27 AM

Grog,Does two semi-opposable thumbs up = One fully opposable thumb up..In that case Im only counting that as a half of a compliment...

B
BigToe posted on Thu, Apr 9, 2009 2:41 PM

LOVIN' the wanna be lono!!!!!!
It's KIRBILICIOUS!!!!!

Great idea! that headdress is over the top!!!!

great! ingenious!!!

B

We need this Pic so we don't have to go so far back to see what all the fuss is about. Ahh your ingenious stuff

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jun 1, 2009 4:33 PM

Aloha . This is my newest project, and i am realy excited about it...Its a usb/flash drive tiki pendant with matching desktop stand. I made these for The Tikiyaki Orchestra, It will come loaded with a bunch of tikiyaki content including video,music,unreleased stuff etc,and also is reusable as a portable flash drive, and handy to carry around your neck as a Tiki pendant or leave on your desk. I had a fun time figuring all the ins and outs of this one. Im hoping to make sum more with different tiki pendants and content.. It should be availabe soon..

Here is the announcement from http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com/
"Digital Jetpack Companion

Let's face it, we live in a digital age. Now the Tikiyaki Orchestra lets you digitize in tiki style with the new Digital Jetpack Companion USB drive.

• Both Tikiyaki albums in hi-res MP3 format
  • video interviews with the band
  • rare, unreleased live tracks
  • photos
  • & more
  • all in a hand reusable USB flash drive tiki pendant
  • with matching stand
  • Designed and made by Kirby"

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-06-01 16:39 ]

F

Too kool for school!

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Jun 1, 2009 4:38 PM

These aren't the same ones that are in the TikiYaki flight package. Anyways, totally sweet. Great marketing tool. Too Bad GM didn't have Kirby on their side.

T

I'm glad to see this finally surface Kirby! You've been thunking on it for a long time. Great concept and execution!

Kirby....so cool!

Brilliant concept, gorgeous execution!

B

Way to go Kirby and about time too. Like lots of peeps I've been waiting for these guys to come around. Excellent stuff, all around!

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Jun 1, 2009 6:38 PM

is there one than one ( looks like wood?)

What size memory stick is in there.

Any price points on that yet. (includes both albums) I don't have the first album, but will soon have the second. I do like what I have heard on the first. Can listen to them from the website.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jun 1, 2009 7:07 PM

Teakey.. Its cast resin, actually its a re engineered version of the jet pack tiki pendant so that it will hold the flash drive,(that was the hard part).So yes there will be more than one. how many or at what price, I dont know yet.Still working out the details.Ill keep you posted..

S

Very cool and that is one kick ass carve you have over the thumb.

Slick idea and precise execution, Kirby!

Congrats on getting in on that great collector's package with some great carving skillz!

What can't you do? I'm impressed. really impressed!!!!!

How many tikiyaki things am I going to have to buy now???? Huh????

T

How cool is this ?

This will be a great desktop item for work, home, school...whatever. We're going to load this baby with cool unreleased Tikiyaki content, as well as "Swingin' Sounds" and "StereoExotique".

It's nice to work with such talented artists with great creative ideas...This will be a must for any computer/Tiki geek.

Yea !

Ahhh, I love the Tikiyaki Orchestra, and I love the promotional push they've been doing. Nice Job, I don't think it could get any better.

KIRBY!
you do TECH right!
:)

S
squid posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 5:16 PM

Hey Kirby!

Brilliant! How about a monitor frame now?

CJ

i call dibs!

Very kewl Dude . wow !!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies