Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Kirby's Art.. pg 74 & 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,172 replies

Like it, like it, like it! I'm a bit fan of yours, and I hope to own one soon. Each one gets better, so keep em commin!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jul 25, 2005 5:55 PM

Sumtimes i dont realy know what im doin....

Looks to me like ya do know what your doing.. and it looks great!

:lol: I love it! Something about the picture and the way you introduced it made me laugh out loud. :lol: BTW, I can't stop staring at my new painting. Mahalo!

O

yeah i think i agree in that you do know what your doing, because it turned out good.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2005 4:33 AM

On 2005-07-25 17:55, kirby wrote:
Sumtimes i dont realy know what im doin....

Mate, I feel sorry for you, I really do. But as long as you keep creating cool stuff, like that, I don't really care. Stop thinking about yourself and being selfish and create wonderful art for the rest of us. :)

Cool stuf dude. I love the retro starbursts, with the industrial/metal kinda feel of it. Nice blend. Keep them coming.

Cool stuff, kirby. I love those colors and stars too.

K

Thanx alot guys, your the best...

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jul 29, 2005 4:09 PM

Here ya go hope you like.24x36 acrylic on canvas...

O

looks sweet, got love the half naked beach girl. great colors and style. I like it, good job.

B

Yeah, she looks Sweet for sure. Looks like she might be waiting for the tiki-guy driving a dune buggy to come on by. Very nice.

Cool painting, kirby! It has a little bit of a Peter Max hint to it. Great girl too.

K

Here is her tiki cousin...18x24 acrylic on canvas
a lil mor highlights on this one, I think im gonna take this one to docter z's party an auction it off...

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2005 2:20 AM

Cool funky style in those last two. Cool stuff. I know I dig tiki too much when I prefer a tiki to a naked lady...

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 5:05 PM

Spermy gets the winning bid for this painting along with the retro tiki at Dr Z silent auction.. Thanks Spermy.

R

Lucky guy that Spermy. The last 2 paintings are amazing. I really like the colors

K
kirby posted on Thu, Aug 4, 2005 5:55 PM

thanks rodeo,hewey,benz,octane,gambino,finkdaddy,flounder, your all great. Buy the way I know not everyone lives in the LA area, but if you do, or ar gonna be around here at the end of the month, we are having a lil art show at the lucky tiki. the details are in tiki events...

K
kirby posted on Thu, Aug 25, 2005 3:20 AM

Ive been messing around with my website for a couple of days now and its up and running.Its definatley a work in progress and considering I no noting about website stuff its Ok. I was inspired by the great tiki treasure hunt so I added an adventure of my own,so make sure you go to the part where it says to go on a adventure, its pretty fun, and there is a reward at the end (a real one). Let me know what you think...
Thanx alot

KIRBY

http://kirbysisland.com/

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-08-25 06:37 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-08-25 06:38 ]

K

Just a reminder the lucky tiki art show is this sunday,If your planing to be around the valley you should go.
Ill be there...see ya...

K
kirby posted on Sat, Aug 27, 2005 2:54 AM

I added sum more areas to my tiki adventure, and it is a lil harder, but remember your perseverance will pay off at the end...so check it out and let me know what you think.

B

I want a pendant.. I love it.

K

Thanks benz but, shhh, the pendent it a suprise for people who get through the tiki adventure heheh...

Kirby,
Nice website and artwork. I especially like how you paint your palm trees. Very cool style. Your website is very easy to navigate on and I especially like the art gallery. I notice you are going through Yessy Art Gallery. Are these online galleries easy to deal with? My husband is an artist as well and we've never tried to sell through online galleries before. Just curious how it works. It looks like you are having pretty good luck with it and is very professional. I look forward to seeing more of your work!!

Hey kirby- Great site and gallery! It's great to see your art getting out there.

H

That was fun, thanks Kirby!

H

That was cool Kirby. Had more luck than that other damn treasure hunt too.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Aug 28, 2005 3:39 PM

Thanks alot guys....Just a reminder the lucky tiki art show is tonight and just added crazy al is gonna be carving live ..off the hook..If your around those parts,make sure to show up...Im gonna be auctioning off some paintings so bring sum doe too...Plus Ill have some of my new paper tiki pendents to give out to bidders...Ill probly give them out to cool people too...umburumumbmumba...kirby

KIRBY

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-08-28 15:40 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-09-03 20:44 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-09-03 20:44 ]

K

well i had to keep it a secret till the art show,but now I can reviel my latest piece...And Ive heard from the highest up, that this will have a perminent home At the Lucky Tiki

KIRBY

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-08-31 17:20 ]

B

You sneeky devil you. Looks Great, way to go! I love it.

Red and black look great the way you put it together.

Nice works and congratulations on the exposure.

It's a beautiful thing when a piece of art finds the right wall. And you will be in good company.

Aloha
E

[ Edited by: AlienTiki 2005-08-29 12:45 ]

T

Congrats and nice pic

F
foamy posted on Tue, Aug 30, 2005 5:14 AM

Hey Kirby, I've been checking in occasionally and you've come a long way. I like this "Lucky Tiki" the best. Keep 'em coming!

K

Thanks guys,I am truly greatful...
By the way I added sum sound effects to my site and tiki adventure,If you havent checked it out yet,go ther now...thanx for all your support tcrs monomonokomo...kirby

KIRBY

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-08-31 17:21 ]

Hey Kirby!!

That LT painting rocks!!

You should do one with C'AL Running wit da tikis !!!

Then auction it off on his post for the Stroke!

Rock on dude!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 5:43 PM

Thank ben,Your the man and I still am lovin my bar...

K
kirby posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 5:49 PM

200 posts thanx T.C...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 6:01 PM

I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview of this baby before he showed it to da masses. Still got it sitting in my PMs so I can ogle it. Then the bastard made me keep quite about it. Couldnt mention a damn thing! Was driving me mental.

Nice work Kirby. You might not get a lot of love on Ebay, but this proves you got the goods man. We already knew it, but this is like extra confirmation. Well done dude. You deserve it.

K
kirby posted on Sat, Sep 3, 2005 8:42 PM

here is another one of the pieces I did For the lucky tiki art show.And Im happy to say somone accualy bought it,how cool is that... I think it was close to 2ft X 3ft pretty big, and I also shrank it down to buisness card size for my paper tiki pendents...for all of you who have completed the tiki adventure your pendent is on the way...for those who havent tried it yet, what are you waiting for its fun...

B

WOW, Kirby, This is Excellent, I can't wait. I'm Happy you made a sale. Now that makes you a Pro, so lets see the rest you have been hiding from us. C'mon, fork it over..

Kirby - I'm really impressed with that Lucky Tiki painting. I bet the owners are too. Fantastic job. Keep it up. I better commission something from you now before you become too famous.

Sabu

I'm lovin' these pieces, kirby! That LT piece is the BOMB!!! :) I like the border around it...

Great job!

K
kirby posted on Sun, Sep 4, 2005 12:15 PM

git on it sabu..You know were to find me...Benz,gambino,You guys are a great insperation to me,thanx...

R

The new works are awesome Kirby. Glad to see they both found new homes.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 4:30 PM

Thanks rodeo...

F

Nice work, as usual! I haven't been around for a couple of weeks and I've missed so much. Your art is always great to see. I'll pm you soon about that trade, I know I've been a bit slow on the uptake. :blush:

K
kirby posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 10:00 PM

thanx fink...I cant wait to see the weenerd tiki.....

Kirby, your new paintings are really excellent. The Lucky Tiki painting has joined some great company - works by Crazy Al, TikiTony, Polynesiac, etc., etc. It's just great to see your work hanging in a new classic tiki bar where it belongs. Congrats!

A-A

K
kirby posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 10:36 PM

THE REGECT CANVAS
I have this canvas I call the regect canvas...It has been painted on probly 10 times or more, I use it to practice and to get ideas and the texture is very heavy to say the least. I figured since the paintings I do on it end up being lost forever, I would start documenting them here before I paint over them good or bad. This might be a bad Idea since sum of the stuff is just terrable.Most stuff the artist post here on tc are ther best stuff. Well this might end up being sum of my worst (mabey not).At this point I have only taken pics of two manifestations of the "reget canvas" out of many,but I hope to have more in the future..Lets see how far this rabbit hole goes..
This one was painted about a year ago

This is the latest,withh many in between...

Im not sure why i leave the bamboo around the edge it must be the only part I like...

KIRBY

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-09-06 22:42 ]

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-09-06 22:43 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1172 replies