Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Caliente tropics Resort Palm Springs, Palm Springs, CA (hotel)

Pages: 1 3 replies

C

Name:Caliente tropics Resort Palm Springs
Type:hotel
Street:411 E Palm Canyon Dr
City:Palm Springs
State:CA
Zip:92264
Phone:760-327-1391

JUST MY OPINION:
Some of the memorabilila and decor has been dismantled, never to appear again. The lobby has been changed. PLEASE, especially if you are attending Tiki Oasis V, or visitng the Resort anytime soon, take many pictures. Because The REEF, restored by Ben and Al, is being turned-back over to the mexican restaurant, it is likely this will change as well.

[ Edited by: CaseyJPS on 2005-05-17 11:30 ]

Man this really sucks

D

I'm really, really sorry to hear about this. I had the pleasure of spending a weekend at the Tropics back in November--it was one of the coolest, most unique and friendliest places I've ever stayed at. They had a wedding there at the same time, and everyone made me feel like I was invited to the party! I'd planned on making it an annual event ... but now it looks like I caught the last glories of the CT just in the nick of time.

Here's hoping that the former owners find a new place to lovingly restore and transform into a tiki mecca. Mahalo.

TT

I could sense it at the last Tiki Oasis. This is really bad news. I just can't believe we are losing the Caliente. Casey, you made my first two visits to the Caliente great.

Pages: 1 3 replies