Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

The Dead Thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,605 replies

BS

On 2020-02-06 07:46, tikiskip wrote:
"I am Spartacus"

NO!!!! I am Spartacus!!!

T

"NO!!!! I am Spartacus!!!"

Ha!
Well then I am Fartacus!!!

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Mar 2, 2020 7:48 PM

This happened a few months ago, but I just found out about it: Gary "Gaz" Regan.

https://imbibemagazine.com/gary-regan-1951-2019/

H

Guitar Shorty (David William Kearney) September 8, 1934 - April 2022

Rest In Peace Guitar Shorty

E
K

The Queen is dead !! Long live the King !!

E

Prince Charle's is thinking, "Finally! I thought the old bitty would never croak!"

T

She was a great lady.

All the things she went through and people she met.

The way she handled that classless Harry and Meghan Markle.

We keep hearing about great strong women well she was it.

R.I.P. Big Ed.

Ed Glotfelty known by many as Big Ed, The Tiki Broker On Tuesday Sep 13 Edward passed away from complications from cancer, If you went to any Tiki events for many years now, you would of seen him and his son Chris selling cement Tiki's, Fountains and wall hangings he crafted himself, My home has many, I have an army of Ed's Moai's in my garden, Wall hangings everywhere and Tiki Fountains running 24/7, I considered Big Ed a friend and have vended with him for many years, I was hanging with Ed and Doug Horne at the last Tiki Caliente for hours just goofing around, he always had a big smile on his face, yet I could tell he was in poor health then, Best wishes to his family he shall be missed and will live on in all the things he created.

I didn't know Ed but met him once and talked to him for a bit. He seemed like a good guy and was definitely respected in the Tiki community. Fuck cancer!

I was very saddened to see that news. I didn't know Ed personally but purchased from him at events over the years and he was always incredibly nice and helpful. Wish we had stockpiled more of his work. I'll miss chatting with him.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

[ Edited by bamalamalu on 2022-09-28 22:09:25 ]

I don't think Greg Easter ever posted here but the Tiki community has lost a great mixologist and Tiki cocktail historian. I met him when he contacted me about making some mugs for his restaurant in Finland. Here is a write-up by my friend Mimo Popo

"Greg was brilliant, and in his lifetime, whatever he set his hands to was a success. He began his career in computers and was instrumental as a programmer for Atari. He left that profession to enter the culinary field, where he excelled beyond measure. He was a talented restaurant chef, prolific author and beloved YouTube chef with his series Cooking in Russia, where he lived for a number of years and Cooking in Finalnd where he lived in his final years. In Helsinki he opened the fabulous tiki restaurant Laava which sadly was forced to close, being a victim of the Covid pandemic. Greg was also a talented mixologist, having authored several unique books on the topic one of which dealt with the cocktails of the South Pacific. He was probably one of the last people alive who personally knew Vic Bergeron. Greg’s father and Trader Vic were good friends and as a child, Greg called Vic “Uncle Vic”. For as brilliant as Greg was, he was equally kind and generous of spirit. He was always ready to share his knowledge with anyone who asked, whether it was on the various FB cocktail groups he belonged to, his YouTube channel or by private e-mail. He was a good friend and I will miss him so very much, as I am sure you all will too."

309313291_10229805324427890_5058437242740955935_n

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Oct 12, 2022 11:08 PM

Angela Lansbury, 1925-2022, just days shy of her 97th birthday.

She was tiki.

fetch-ping-pong

Vale Angela! A great talent. (The hand signal the bloke is making in that picture would probably cause his face to be re-arranged elsewhere.) Angela was well know for her long running TV series "Murder She Wrote", where she investigated and "solved" the inexplicably numerous murders that all occurred in a small seaside town called Cabot Cove. Perhaps now that she's gone, it's safe to reveal a hidden detail of the plot you might have missed....

Snap_2021.12.02_08h25m13s_002

[ Edited by TIKIGIKI on 2022-10-13 16:53:27 ]

Jimmy Buffett passed away yesterday at the age of 76. Often maligned here on TC but I enjoyed his music. Rest in Peace Jimmy

RIP. His music is not tiki, but that doesn't mean it is bad.

Can't remember which site it was, but many years back, Greg landed in a tiki forum I frequented and in his first post just came out swinging at everyone and came off rather harsh. He mentioned knowing Vic and talked himself up rather highly and was a little shocked at getting negative pushback. His knowledge would have been greatly apprecitated, but his bravado sent everyone running. Greg had a super interesting backstory, that's for sure!

Yup, that was Greg LOL He came off as a grouchy old coot and and a braggart, people don't take that very well. But he had the history and skills to back it up. He was a great guy once you got to know him.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1605 replies