Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

The Dead Thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,605 replies

Actor Gary Coleman, 42, was taken off life support, today, May 28. He had been hospitalized since May 26, and had slipped into a coma, after suffering an "intracranial hemorrhage".

So,... the cause of death was... a different stroke?

Ouch!

B

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Limbo?! How long were you thinking up THAT one?! LOL

Now it's "Whattchu talkin' 'bout Saint Peter?"

It's been a tragic 30 years for Gary :(

On 2010-05-28 15:56, beadtiki wrote:
Whatchu talkin' 'bout Limbo?! How long were you thinking up THAT one?! LOL

Hah, actually, it just popped into my head rather spontaneously, as I was writing the post. What took a little thinking was deciding whether I was going to Hell, if I included it in the post. :o

Yes, Mad Dog, life wasn't very easy for any of those kids on that show, once they weren't kids, anymore. Only Todd is left, now.

Say it ain't so - Dennis Hopper dead at 74 of cancer. May he ride easy into the next life!

Yeah...sad...he was such a great actor. He had quite a struggle with his cancer. He will surely be missed.

Dennis Hopper Rocked!!!

T
TikiG posted on Sat, May 29, 2010 9:37 PM

RIP Dennis - Here's to you :drink:

Ali-Ollie Woodson of the Temptations.
10/12/1951 to 5/30/2010
New Zealand City: Ollie Woodson

N

Star Rue McClanahan Dies at 76

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20390844,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

And Betty White is the last Golden Girl

Here's that link

UB

Gary Coleman's monogrammed casket
(Sorry in advance)

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2010-06-04 21:49 ]

M

Unga, that was ruthless! :lol:

L

Jimmy Dean the sausage guy (and musician) died at 81.

For making a less than heart friendly product he did pretty well length of life wise.

I remember when Jimmy Dean was a singer and had his great hit Big Bad John.

Before that I remember a little about his TV show:

The Muppets remember, too:

James Bond remembers philanthropist Willard Whyte in Diamonds are Forever:

As for Jimmy Dean Sausage:

I recall that everyone in my family was surprised when this TV and recording star decided to go into the sausage business. We all thought it was kinda weird, but as it turns out, Jimmy Dean made the leanest sausage around that contained a higher quality of meat and tasted better than anyone else's.

You know how sausage is such a breakfast staple. Jimmy Dean got tired of settling for the status quo and did like a typical country boy would, he made his own damn sausage and made it available to those, like him, who demanded decent quality.

RIP Jimmy Ray

Garry Marshall Shider
Guitarist and musical director of Parliament-Funkadelic.
July 24, 1953 – June 16, 2010
Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997 with fifteen other members of Parliament-Funkadelic.

Seattle Times: Garry Shider

:lol: I didn't know that the "Big Bad John" Jimmy Dean and the sausage Jimmy Dean were the same guy! :lol:

The papier-mâché prince of pop has passed away, all hail the passing of the great Frank Sidebottom.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/jun/22/frank-sidebottom-chris-sievey-obituary

On June 20, 2010, Edith Shain died at age 91
Los Angeles Times: Edith Shain

TK

team america's dream of winning the world cup.

MN

Don Coryell October 17, 1924 – July 1, 2010

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 2, 2010 9:44 AM

You not say WHO Don Coryell was, so here link to Wickedpedia about Don Coryell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Coryell

P.S. It nice to see posts of people who died other than musicians.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate and Marie.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-07-02 10:25 ]

The "Air Coryell" era was the glory years of the SD Chargers

B

On 2010-07-02 10:09, MadDogMike wrote:
The "Air Coryell" era was the glory years of the SD Chargers

They had glory years?! LOL Says the person from Seattle with the chokingest team in all history! Glad I'm not a sports fan or I'd be REALLY bummed living here!

Ilene Woods, voice of Cinderella in Disney's animated classic
May 5, 1929 – July 1, 2010

Star Tribune: Ilene Woods

Disney Legends: Ilene Woods

[->>King Bushwich 33rd

Harvey Pekar
'American Splendor' Comic Book Author
October 8, 1939 - July 12, 2010

Huffington Post: Harvey Pekar

TK

George Steinbrenner, who bought a declining Yankees team in 1973, promised to stay out of its daily affairs and then, in an often tumultuous reign, placed his formidable stamp on 7 World Series championship teams, 11 pennant winners and a sporting world powerhouse valued at perhaps $1.6 billion, died Tuesday morning, the team announced. He was 80 and lived in Tampa, Fla.

R.I.P george.

Mau Piailug will never be as famous as Capt. James Cook, a master of the classic European feat of discovering places with people already in them. But Piailug, who died last week at the age of 78, could have matched Cook’s voyaging island for island across the vast immensity of the Pacific, and without charts, compass or sextant. He was a palu, a master navigator, one of the last experts in the ancient art of Pacific Ocean wayfaring.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/18/opinion/18sun4.html?_r=2&th&emc=th

James Gammon played "Paps", a crusty sailor aboard The Filthy Whore in 1994's 'Cabin Boy'. One of My favorite movie voices he growled "Send us a postcard, Daisy!" as they set Chris Elliot adrift to drink seawater, hallucinate and meet "Chokie", a half- man half-shark played by Russ Tamblyn. Seen yelling at figurehead below.

Gammon also chewed up the screen as quintessential gabby cowboy sidekick "California Joe" in 1995's 'Wild Bill'.

Oh that stinks!! He was great in Major League.

-Peter Fernandez
Voice of Speed Racer and writer of the American lyrics for the show’s theme song
January 29, 1927 - July 16,2010
New York Times: Peter Fernandez

-Hank Cochran,
Country Music Song Writer including "I fall to pieces" for Patsy Cline. When he was 16 he moved to California, where he met Eddie Cochran, a fellow teenager with whom he formed a rock ’n’ roll duo called the Cochran Brothers (although the two men were not related). Eddie Cochran went on to greater acclaim as a rockabilly singer.
August 2, 1935 - July 16, 2010
New York Times: Hank Cochran

Larry Watson
1939 - July 20, 2010
Legendary custom painter and pinstriper.
Kustomrama: Larry Watson

On 2010-07-20 14:39, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Larry Watson
1939 - July 20, 2010
Legendary custom painter and pinstriper.
Kustomrama: Larry Watson

I remember ogling Watson's work in Car Craft and Hot Rod magazine when I was a kid. The phrase that really turned me on the most was: "30 coats of hand rubbed candy apple lacquer" Wow...that could turn trash into treasure!

Blues guitarist and singer Phillip Walker
February 11, 1937 - July 22, 2010

Played guitar for Etta James, Lowell Fulson,Clifton Chenier and Little Richard's band.

San Luis Obispo Tribune: Phillip Walker

Official Phillip Walker

DZ

On 2010-07-22 19:36, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I remember ogling Watson's work in Car Craft and Hot Rod magazine when I was a kid. The phrase that really turned me on the most was: "30 coats of hand rubbed candy apple lacquer" Wow...that could turn trash into treasure!

Car Craft?? I had a subscription to that when I was six!

(Terry: lookin' forward to seein' you at TO - it's been a while!)

Conductor Mitch Miller dies at age 99

NEW YORK – Mitch Miller, the goateed orchestra leader who asked Americans to "Sing Along With Mitch" on television and records and produced hits for Tony Bennett, Patti Page and other performers, has died at age 99.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100802/ap_en_ot/us_obit_miller

Frederick Milner, better known as Derf Scratch, bass player for FEAR from 1977-1982, passed away on July 28 after a long battle with an unspecified illness.

Orange County Weekly: Derf Scratch

On 2010-08-02 14:21, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Frederick Milner, better known as Derf Scratch, bass player for FEAR from 1977-1982, passed away on July 28 after a long battle with an unspecified illness.

Orange County Weekly: Derf Scratch

Really makes me feel old when so many of the old school Punk band members are kicking the bucket at this rate!
RIP Derf!

Dan Resin, Ty-D-Bol Actor, Dead at 79
Resin also played Dr. Beeper, a snobby doctor, in Caddyshack, though he was best known for wearing a captain's uniform and sailing over the toilet tank waters after his pitch: "Helps clean and deodorize your bowl automatically every time you flush."
http://www.zimbio.com/Dan+Resin/articles/DrS6f_UT2Zz/Dan+Resin+Ty+Bol+Actor+Dead+79

N

A moment of silence would be appropriate.

B

On 2010-08-09 10:13, mrtikibar wrote:
A moment of silence would be appropriate.

Bwa-ha-ha!

Plastic Surgeon Dr. Francis Harry “Frank” Ryan
who performed Heidi Montag's famous plastic surgery.
May 21, 1960- August 16, 2010
Dr. Ryan's Jeep went over the side of Pacific Coast Highway. The Jeep landed on rocks and lifeguards initially tried to help Ryan, to no avail. Dr. Ryan was trapped in the vehicle and had major head injuries

Chicago Tribune: Dr. Frank Ryan
Dr. Frank Ryan webpage

was it a Tiki Jeep?

Harrison 'Buzz' Price.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Fixed Link - 2010-08-17 19:52 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1605 replies