Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hello Folks!

Pages: 1 16 replies

S

Nice site you have here. So who tiki's in the far north west? Where one's tiki bar is all that keeps the house warm. Ya, I know, I've got to get out of here and head for a warmer climate. (he he) One more thing...
are there any exotica musicians on this board? I've been toying around with some wild cords as of late myself. Ok, you all have fun and a happy halloween.

Welcome Stymie.

S

On 2002-10-28 15:40, PolynesianPop wrote:
Welcome Stymie.

why thanks Popster!

H

Welcome! How far north west is "far north west"? I'm in Seattle.

S

On 2002-10-28 15:53, Humuhumu wrote:
Welcome! How far north west is "far north west"? I'm in Seattle.

Well thanks, I guess far north isn't as far as I thought, but to answer your question;
Missoula. Thanks again.

Hey Stymie welcome to Tiki Central, funny story, the guy who used to play Stymie on the little rascals was a teacher at the school I went to high school at, Hawthorne High (wich also produced The Beach Boys). I never saw him though, he retired the year before i got there. The year he retired he married one of his 18 year old students that graduated that year. He was one of the original Little Rascals so you can imagine his age about that time.

S

On 2002-10-28 16:28, suicide_sam wrote:
Hey Stymie welcome to Tiki Central, funny story, the guy who used to play Stymie on the little rascals was a teacher at the school I went to high school at, Hawthorne High (wich also produced The Beach Boys). I never saw him though, he retired the year before i got there. The year he retired he married one of his 18 year old students that graduated that year. He was one of the original Little Rascals so you can imagine his age about that time.

Hey Sam, no kidding huh. Ya, my friends gave me that nickname a while ago and it stuck. So Hawthorne High huh? You mean like LA? I was born in Inglewood. I have some relatives down that way. I used to skate at Upland and Whittier skate parks as a kid. I'm thinking about taking some work down there this winter. It's getting chilly up here.
Have fun!

Ah man we must have been neighbors. I was raised in Inglewood, had to go to Haqwthorne High after I got kicked out of Inglewood High my sophmore year cause i kept getting into fights.

Welcome aboard!

:tiki:

S

suicide_sam

Ya, one has to know how to fight there. It has been quite some time since I have been to Inglewood. I hear it is a ruff place. My brother was on the crash team and now he is on the bomb squad down there. He has all kinds of stories.
He's nuts...

S

On 2002-10-28 16:50, Traderpup
:tiki:

Right on Traderpup, hey that's a kewl site you've got there.
Have fun now.

T

For those of us who weren't edju-mukated in the USA, where's Missoula?

T

Welcome aboard Stymie!

S

On 2002-10-29 04:59, Tikirob

Thanks Tikirob!

S

On 2002-10-29 04:45, tikifish

Right below Canada, say oh, 500 miles or so.
It is on the map.

Missoula is in western Montana, about an 8 hr. drive east from Seattle. Here's a map.

It's very pretty out there -- our institute has an annual retreat in Hamilton, which is an hour or two south of Missoula. I love it out there. It's hard to find decent coffee, though.

The best tiki bar is the one that's within stumbling distance of your bed
The Humuhumu Room

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2002-10-29 10:42 ]

S

On 2002-10-29 10:40, Humuhumu wrote:
It's hard to find decent coffee, though.

That's correct, very well done Humuhumu.
About the coffee, now it's good. One just has to get used to it. The folks up here call it camp coffee. It's easy to make. 10 parts coffee to 3 parts water. Cook for 9 hours.
Have fun...

Pages: 1 16 replies