Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pictures of my 1st carving and updated Pi Yi Lanai Pics

Pages: 1 5 replies

J

This is my 1st carved tiki completed weeks ago...

Updated pics of my bar as I gather clutter...

:drink:

John,
Carving looks great. Your bar's really coming together great also.

Chris

Johntiki, the Lanai has come a long way since the last time you posted pics! Where did you get the cool Sailfin?

J

Chris and Polynesianpop - thanks for the compliments...my parents actually got the fish from a guy at the marina where they keep their boat - they paid $50.00 for the marlin, a wahoo and a dolphin fish - they were all pretty rough and looked like they'd been stored in a dirty garage or basement for 20 years. I repaired the fins on the marlin with epoxy, repainted areas that were peeling and missing paint and even replaced the 2 whisker fins that were missing. It's an old one too - it's a skin mount and not one of the newer fiberglass replicas - its probably one of my most cherished possessions...

T

Johntiki, both the bar and carving looks great! What type of wood did you use for the carving?

The tiki is actually palm - I don't know the exact species though...it has a real thin smooth bark. I have another palm log with a thicker, rougher bark that I'm going to carve next...I'm thinking of doing a Moai...

Pages: 1 5 replies