Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central - Drinks, Food, Philosophy!

Pages: 1 7 replies

It never ceases to amaze me with the amount of varied talent we have here at Tiki Central (especially after seeing Mig on Maury's show!).

I mean, with the brain trust we have we could easily come up with a solution to say, world hunger (or at least a solution to the eternal problem of belly button lint removal).

So what is Bong getting at you say? Simply this: why don't we have every member post a drink, food, or general tiki philosophy item to be edited, compiled and produced by some of our enterprising members.

Something along the lines of Trader Vic's bar guides, that in addition to providing drink recipies, it would have insight into how to avoid the 'freeloading dolt' that comes into your bar-type anecdotes. It could be tips on carving tikis, scoring items on ebay, where to find the best Mai Tai etc...

Obviously, some items won't be original, but if you've improved on it, or made an addition to it - post it!

And with the holidays upon us, we could donate the profits of such an endeavor to my personal favorite charity - Tiki's for Tots.

Now, put on those 'thinking fezes' and start writing!

Actually Bong, that's not a bad idea. We could call it "Tiki for Dummies" or better yet, "Polynesian Pop for Dummies." :)

Could we have it spiral-bound like those church fundraiser cookbooks?

:tiki:

Actually Traderpup, I was hoping you could assist with its production. Personally, I would like it spiral-bound and gagged!

A thing of tiki is a joy forever

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-10-30 11:56 ]

I have the spiral bound machine. I could do "How to make a Tiki Mug" pictures and everything. Cool Idea!

Kokomo, Great idea!

That's exactly the kind of info I was thinking could be in book.

KK

I suppose I better get busy on my Mechanix Illustrated style "Build your own home tikibar blue print" w/related material resource guide...

HH

maybe some pupu's recipes?

Pages: 1 7 replies