City:Benicia
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:707-748-7889

Description:
I just found a reference to this new Hawaiian restaurant in Benicia:

Menu looks tasty and inexpensive.

Has anyone tried this out yet?

If interested in checking this out some evening or weekend, PM me.

[ Edited by: dangergirl299 2005-07-10 11:35 ]

Thanks, Dangergirl299!

I have been looking for a place to get good kalua pork and laulau driving distance from my home in Santa Rosa. Granted, it will be a bit of a trek to Benicia, but Vallejo only offered katsu's and other snack-type dinners (L & L). Aloha Island Grille in Santa Cruz makes one dynoamite kalua pork, but that's WAY too far to drive. I will give tha Hula Hut a try next time I am that way!

Mahalo for the heads up!

Myke

We love this place! The food is really good and totally inexpensive! You get more than what you pay for!

One favorite is the Chicken in a Basket. We expected a few pieces of chicken but was presented with a whole cornish hen! Yummy!

If you're ever in the area and crave for some good hawaiian food with a luau atmosphere, this is the spot!

FYI: They also hold luaus regualarly for $25/pp which includes a buffet dinner and luau entertainment!

Check it out!

Some of us went Saturday night to check the place out. It was pretty good!
I was pleasantly surprised by the decor and ambiance - it was no Tonga Room but did have a lot of rattan and thatch everywhere. Pretty good beer selection too - two great beers from Kona Brewing (near and dear to my heart). No mixed drinks though.

The kalua pork was very decent and lots of it. "pork sticks" were these fabulous teriyaki-style skewered bits - very yummy! Rice and mac salad were standard. Be warned - the "crab puffs" were more like lumpia than crab rangoons (yes, they have an extensive Phillipino menu as well). The pork lau lau was decent as well.

Service was friendly, prices were reasonable and portions were generous. Conveniently right off the freeway.

I would go again!

hello,

I visited the Hula Hut with several friends recently and had a wonderful time. The food was great and we enjoyed the relaxed environment. This was one of the few restaurants that I've been to where I actually felt nice. The people were so friendly and the food was a bargain. I'll definitely be going back again. I was glad to see that I wasn't the only one that liked it.

This is a great forum and I hope to post on here more often.

Chris

Pages: 1 4 replies