Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's is coming back

Pages: 1 2 3 105 replies

..we'll get back to you on that...as soon as we find someone willing to clean the bird poop off of it....

K

On 2005-11-29 10:00, croe67 wrote:
BUT - the possible brighter lining is that we were told that a NEW Trader Vic's location will be opening in Chicago!!!!!! Likely on Michigan Avenue, though I did not get the impression that Real Estate was actually secured, yet. It was also shared with us that much of the existing Chicago Trader Vic's interior would be carefully dismantled, stored & used in the new location. While a new location won't be the same at the historic location today, it sounds like it will still have some link to the heritage of the old location.

Timing was TBD, but sounded like MAYBE within a year.......Is there anyone out there who is more linked in with Trader Vic's & has more details they would be allowed to share?

Gee, that sounds familiar to me. Almost Kahiki familiar.

Ahu

T

I was just looking at the Hotel Valley Ho's website and noticed Trader Vic's is promoting a celebrity chef, Charles Wiley, who was picked one of the top ten chefs in America by Food and Wine Magazine, and who will be designing the menu at the new Trader Vic's in Scottsdale. This must be a first for Trader Vic's, using a celebrity chef, and is probably a great move for the Scottsdale location and the company's other restaurants as well. Their food has improved a lot since the late 90s, but there is still room for more creativity in the menu. Bravo!

[ Edited by: thejab 2006-04-28 10:46 ]

M

*thejab wrote:
I was just looking at the Hotel Valley Ho's website and noticed Trader Vic's ...

Whoa, great, and sharply-dressed minds, think alike (no comments about my pants, please. I'm sensitive when it comes to my trousers). I too was just looking at the hotel website. I am planning a little excursion down Phoenix way for mid-May and thought...no, prayed, to the gods of well-made cocktails...that the new Vic's would be open. Ah Ha! It is going to be open....June 4th.

Crap.

The rates are not too bad for the hotel, especially the Summer discount schedule. It will be worth a stay, I dare say. After June 4, that is.

Dr midnite, esq.

Trader Vic's website indicates the Vegas location opens in December.

If so, there should be substantial progress made. Any updates?

Since I've just moved to Vegas, I've tried to stay on top of this - And it's bad news - The brass at the Aladdin and Vic's are now saying the Opening is delayed to June 2007... Boo.

On 2006-10-22 09:41, Crowntiki wrote:
Since I've just moved to Vegas, I've tried to stay on top of this - And it's bad news - The brass at the Aladdin and Vic's are now saying the Opening is delayed to June 2007... Boo.

June 2007?

WTF!

A

Strange as the TV web site still says Dec 06

http://www.tradervics.com/rest-lasvegas.html

K

Even as I've been watching the status of TV in Dallas change more times than I can count, I can't help but wonder why there is so much miscommunication out there. One day I read in the paper "TV is coming back to Dallas" and the next week I read that the Trader Vics brass is saying "no way." A week later the story has changed again. Surely the fine people that run the Trader Vics organization realize that each new location is being watched very carefully by diehard tikiphiles who are already planning BIG get-togethers at their restaurants. So why not at least make sure the info on the web site is correct? Currently it says the Dallas location is opening in November but I'm not holding my breath.

It would be great if there was someone "in the know" at Trader Vics that could keep us up to date on Tiki Central. They're probably lurking here right now....

Pages: 1 2 3 105 replies