Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Gman vs Wild - Page 1; Kotiate Warrior 183; BoatMan 184; Gman Lizard Dance 190; Screamer 193

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 2,950 replies

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Nov 19, 2007 6:44 PM

TFreak - that bone Tang in the frame was made by the FinkDaddy. You should write him and getcha one!

H

new wood AND new bone--that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! But no feets in da flops?

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Nov 19, 2007 8:18 PM

"But no feets in da flops?"

Sorry Brad, my bad....here you go.

-G

H

Sweetness. Nice to have you back with some pics. You exhibit a great deal of confidence
in the way you are pushing yourself with more and more detail. Does that make any sense?
In other words, keep the cards and letters coming!

G - has anyone ever told you your toe nails are nasty?

Nice deer bone carve buy the way. Man you are
giving us the smorgasbord tonight.

B

I knew I missed something !
The diamond carvings on the woody boy's body are wwoooooooooooooowwwwwwww : think it will make me smile for the whole day.
:) :) :)

And the bony boy is top shelf too.

Ben

Howzit Gman? Frankenputer - thats funny. Hope you get something a little more sturdy soon.
Love the patterning going down on the body of the big guy; almost reminds me of a heavily-tooled leather vest.
Sweet little Marq too - a hair ornament? (might look good in a certain someoneZ beard, :lol: :wink: )

38? shit, thats almost 40!

TTTeaser..

T

On 2007-11-19 20:18, GMAN wrote:
"But no feets in da flops?"

Sorry Brad, my bad....here you go.

-G

Hi, GMAN.
Have you recently thought about getting some pedicure? You really should attach some importance to well-tended feet. :roll: Think about lettin the nails varnish by a pro.

The last one shown project is way too cool. The details are menacingly good. Like the feet, but the other way round... Thanks for sharing wisdom and knowlegde.
tok-tok

H
harro posted on Tue, Nov 20, 2007 9:42 AM

awesome to see some long-awaited updates Gman! Top quality work as we've some to expect from you, but those details over the entire body?!?! Man-o-man!!!

cheers.

B

Yes YOU ARE Insane. Shoot the deer, Eat the deer. Carve the deers bones whats next growing "Gator Feets"?
HaaaHaaa. No wonder you caught that big gator so easily, You Knew he couldn't run wearing those Flippp Flopps. Thats Bad man, BAD. FlipFlop wearin'Gator.
Oh the Maori lookin thing is looking great too!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Nov 20, 2007 2:19 PM

Conga - Yes, I'm back with the pics. Pushing forward with confidence...that's what growth is all about : ) The cards and letters will continue.

SeekSurf - He are some more pics for the smorgasbord

Benella - I'm glad you are smiling! :D

Tama - Yep, almost 40 - Dang-it!

Tok Tok - Howdie. Glad you like da feetz; gnarly, huh? Menacingly good aye? Well, I AM a menace.

Harro - Go big or go home, right?

Benzo - The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by one's success. You tell me?

Here are some pics of the surface carving I blocked into his other side. Now I get to go back and clean it all up with my tiny Warrens and start shaping it all up. That should take a day or so......

Thanks for looking,

-G

B

Holly Crap GMAN! You is one major player boss!

B

HOLY MOLY GMAN! Major upgrade, Major carve, Just when you thought you've seen it all, Here you come and Blow us away. Man he do Look Nice. Although there is a minor inconstancy over on the left side, I see his little finger is a little bit littler than the right little finger and don't go giving me The Finger either!!!
HappyHappyHappy

Those new pics might be better than looking at a Playboy magazine........NOT!!! But it does look really great!

S

MuMuM thats one tasty treat. Sick G, you one bad boy.

R
Robin posted on Tue, Nov 20, 2007 7:59 PM

Hey G...I totally missed the Maori last time....really a beautiful carving. Love the body armor tattoo work. Very fine piece, really a pleasure to see this kind of work.

Hey...is it really your B'day, or did I sing to you for nothing?

B

Perfect.

J

On 2007-11-19 14:54, GMAN wrote:

This was worth the wait, the basket weave is very impressive, the hours you must have spent. The pinky ring marq is a nice souvenir from your buck.

In the last picture what's that white thing on the tiki's rear end? :wink:

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Nov 21, 2007 1:55 PM

Babalu - How you bean? Looks like you guys had a great Chop at your house. I wish I could have been there....

Benz - I'll fix his finger for you later.....the middle one, right?

TikiFreak - I think I'll take the chix, thanks.

Robin - Yeah, it was my B-day. Thanks for the song, but I'm 38 not 29.

Benella - :D

JohnnyP Those are....ummmm....well, you know..... it's my Ray Vac in the pool. Kinda looks like tiki butt beads, huh?

Here are some pics from today. I started laying out the surface carving for his face. This will all get cut in later. The Paua will get set in as well.

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-11-21 13:56 ]

T

He's a Super Model Teko with that little beauty spot on his face! Boy I'm glad you put your socks back on!! Unless you had time for a pedicure I don't think we wanna see those toes for a while!

Wow GMAN glad to have you back carving, love the progress shots can't wait to see him all finished and stained and with his new friends in the man room!

Tikisgrl

H

:lol:--Das ma boy! Rock out with ya socks out!

Seriously though, that cat's lookin' majorly sweet. Like the nice, deep carves in the torso..and the rest of him as well.

R
Robin posted on Wed, Nov 21, 2007 9:45 PM

He is glorious!

H
hewey posted on Thu, Nov 22, 2007 3:01 AM

Yay! Gman is carving again! :D :D :D Looking awesome mate, loving the body detail, especially in between those fingers!

H
harro posted on Thu, Nov 22, 2007 9:55 AM

hey G-sock-man

whatcha using to mark out the moko on the face?

keep up the good work!!

H

Hey Gman, my chainsaw brother! Perfect sanding and realy beautiful carved pattern on the tikis body!
Mahalo, Kai

B

Yeah, the Middle one all right. Where are your flipflops today, Gator wouldn't give'um back?
The detail on this guy is getting more refined every day. You still going fishing this weekend?

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Nov 25, 2007 11:30 AM

"You still going fishing this weekend?"

Yeah, I got back last night. Got my first swordy! :D

G$

Well..... lets see the fish!!! How big? What species? Where at? Inquiring minds wanna know! pics, man, PICS!!

J

Those hands with the knuckles are amazing. All the detail on the body looks great, don't know how you did that in cedar.

That Teko is styling. The designs on the chest looks great. I always like the variations in color you get out of the cedar. Great use of the natural grain.

B

GMAN RULES!

T

Congrats for 2000 posts, GMAN. Now go for the next 2000. :D :D :D
Cheers. tok-tok

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Dec 1, 2007 3:36 PM

Hey all. Sorry about the late replies.

Tikisgrl - Yeah, I am looking forward to having displayed in the Manroom. He'll like it there.

Brad - Yo! Howzitt?

Robin - "He is glorious." Thanks. I hope he continues to pay nice and I can keep him moving forward.

Hewey - It is nice to be carving again. I've been spending a ton of time in the woods, on the lakes, and on the ocean. I've had some great adventures, but they have taken their toll; I'm beat and run down. Time for some needed R&R with a little carving sprinkled on top.

Harro - I'm using some Flexcut V-liners for the Moko.

Haikai - I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by. How are you?

Benzart - Thanks bud. I've just about got his middle finger all cleaned up for ya. :D

T-Bird - We were swordfish fishing. We were fishing off South Florida, in the Atlantic. I didn't take any pics, but we kept one around 6.5 feet.

JohnnyP - That cedar is chippy. After that session I came down with PTSD. Yowwie!

Alien - Thanks brother! Your guys are stylin' too! I'm loving the Hunter Cannibal.

Babalu - No man, YOU RULE!

Tok Tok - Thanks for number 2000. That's a lotta replies! How's my boar looking?

Updates coming.....

-Gman

That guy is looking really tight!!! Love the incised patterns!

J

[ Edited by: JohnnyP 2007-12-04 06:48 ]

S

Do you know what JohhyP has there?

G, Make sure you read your own personal reply on my post page 9
Im going to feel like a dumb-a%$ tell you do or longer?

T

The teko is really looking great. I far from using such fine detailing. But I will try one day.

The boar is coming on strong. But I donĀ“t know, if I can finish it this year. The wood is just not dry enough. Any hints from your side for me?

The wood you use has always dried enough, is that right?
Mahalo
tok-tok

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Dec 4, 2007 6:55 PM

SneakyT - Thanks for looking. Hopefully I can get some more work done soon.

JohnnyP - Looks like a croc-o-tainer? I can't wait to get my dirty paws on it!!!! I'm too freaking excited!

Seeksurf - Yep, I know what Johnny has in there! I'll show you when it gets here :D Your "Thin Man" is magnificent, by the way.

Tok Tok - My boar carving friend.....Yes, I try to work with fairly dry wood, but I'll chip into just about anything I can get my mitts on; wet wood included. The cedar I've been using for the last few Tekos has seasoned between 2 to 4 years now. Thanks for the nice comment on the Teko.

-G$

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Dec 7, 2007 2:58 PM

Hello-ha,

Today I got a GIANT package from JohnnyP. By giant, I mean BIG....like really big! Inside was this super sized croc drum!!!!! Happy happy!!! Mine mine!!

Here are a few pics of the drum, along with several other pieces of Johnny's work here in the Manroom. Aloha Johnny!!! Many thanks!!!!

Also note work from Buzzy and BenZart.....:D

-G$

KRIKEY! That's HUGE-MONGOUS!!! SsweeetT carves JohnnyP! GMAN you are the fortunate ONE!!! :D

:music: :music: Polk Salad Annie...gators got your granny...CHOMP! CHOMP!! CHOMP!!! :music: :music:

Well you got a horn and rhythm section now, you're almost ready to start your own band! Looks GREAT, lots of cool pieces and good score from Mr.P!!

S

Nice G, and Very nice johnnyP. It did not look
as big tell the human comparison.

G the manroom is going to need some shelf's I see
lots of carving in your future.

C

Some nice Johnny P pieces there Gman, you are indeed the fortunate one.
They look great along with your collection of your own creations and the
Benzart and Buzzy stuff. I think Johnny has a little PNG blood in him!

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Dec 8, 2007 5:40 PM

Seeks say "G, the manroom is going to need some shelves".....

Gotcha mang....done....!!

Check the Alientiki pendant and the Buzzy Bling-Blink Tiki-guy pendant. All smiles. Soon I will add the Alien Hunter Cannibal to the collection. Happy Happy!!! I've got room now for many more smaller pieces....I better start chippin'!!!

-G$

are those some G-WOMAN feet?

T

gman: shelves just like that in one day!? good grief it would take me weeks to make that. Nice job man - looks great! (and damned complicated to make from my perspective). :)

T

Wow, I just saw the new pics you posted on your manroom. That place is staring to look like a real museum. What a great collection!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 2950 replies