Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Gman vs Wild - Page 1; Kotiate Warrior 183; BoatMan 184; Gman Lizard Dance 190; Screamer 193

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 2,950 replies

By the looks of that log cabin-lookin' wood pile in the background, you'll be carving for a while!!!
drool.

Very very cool. Each coat of oil is adding a bit more.

Mr. Lono already has so much style, can't wait to see where he goes.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Feb 18, 2008 9:49 AM

TFreak - Yo!

Surfin - If these logs hold up....I'll be good for a while. :D

Flat Balck - Aloha mang. Welcome to TC. Pull up a chair and hang a while.....

All - Here is a lunch break pics update on Mr. Lono. I got his body blocked out this morning. Maybe some more work this afternoon......

-G$

M
MBL posted on Mon, Feb 18, 2008 9:59 AM

DUDE! Way cool!!!
Tim
MBL

J

Hello Mr. Lono, G looks like he is helping you out of that log well enough.

Great start on a different direction. Lucky you get the day off. Be finished by tonight?

Looks great so far. That pile of wood should last a LONG time. Speed it up - will ya!

Thanks for the welcome.

Mr. Lono is coming along quite nicely. I can't wait to see what you do with his headdress.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Feb 18, 2008 1:03 PM

MBL - DUDE! Thanks.

JohnnyP - Hello back Mr. P. Different directions....same path. I wanted to finish him tonight, still can, but I'll likely want to spend a bit more time on him. It felt good to start fresh after being held down by all the small work on the last guy.

Aloha - I'm working.....I'm working......

Flat Black - Thanks man. I'm not sure if I'm gonna do much more with the headdress...

Here are some pics from this afternoon:

-G$

NiiiiiCe~

S

G, love the finish pic's what a gem!

A new guy and a lono yes! LOOKING GOOD!
where have you been hiding him?

B

Lookin' Great GMAN,only the Headdress is Not Done so don't quit on it now, the ancients will NOT Forgive! He looks Too good to leave with a nekkid headdress---Finish it UP! :lol: :lol: :lol: No Rest for the weary or izzit no rest for the wicked?

"I'm not sure I'm gonna do much more with the headdress."
Ha Ha Ha.....hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha.
Funny stuff.
You are kidding right?

B

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Makes me want to cry ... beautiful amazing new one.
Seems not being cedar, what's the wood Sir ?

This new piece is stunning. Can't wait for the new pix.

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

R
Robin posted on Tue, Feb 19, 2008 3:32 PM

Hi G. Nice nice nice. So glad to see another one on the way...pretty fast too. Mr. Lono would really like some of that special Gman work on the headdress.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Feb 20, 2008 5:34 PM

FBalls - Thanks. Howzitt?

Seeks - I haven't been hiding this guy, I started him last Sunday.

Benz - Oh my....he's nekkid! Sorry mate, I had to go with what I wanted. If I do another I will give him a complicated headdress. I really wanted this guy this way.

Conga - Nope, I wasn't kidding :D Sorry if you no likee.....

Benella - Don't cry???? I posted some new pics below.

Robin - Yeah, speedy. I needed a less involved project to work on. It's really nice to bang something out every once in a while. Working on this one made me very happy.

Here are some pics of Lono with his first coat of stain:

-G

J

I really like it! Very elegant lines with quite a presence to it. The finish highlights it very well.

S

Nice G, That little guy has allot of personality in him.

Conga like too!

R
Robin posted on Wed, Feb 20, 2008 7:08 PM

He makes me happy too! He's got an elegant substantial look without the elaborate carving on the headdress. What do I know! And the fabulous Gman finish...and a nice butt.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 20, 2008 8:42 PM

Sweet lono mate :D

Is this a new GMAN carving record???? Looks really cool!!!!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Feb 21, 2008 12:23 AM

Nice. GROG like.

H
harro posted on Thu, Feb 21, 2008 4:53 AM

nice work Gman, after toiling for months on the big beauty, you knock out an equally cool one in next to no time, in a totally different style - that must be quite satisfying!

I really thought you where joking when you said he weren't going to do anything with the headdress.

He looks great all stained up. I really like that color.

T

Dayumn that's nice, has lots of charm and great coloring! 8)

B

WOW boy, amazing with the finishing color.

I'm very impressed.

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

T

sweet!!!

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Feb 23, 2008 2:17 PM

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the comments. I still may go back and do more to his headress, but for now I'll let him sit.

It was too rainy and wet to put the last oil coat on the big teko so I started chipping into another log. Some of you may have seen this fellow before - he is in the Hawaiian Sculpture book. I thought he would be fun to try. Now that he is blocked in I can start thining him down and getting all the meat off of him.

:D

-G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2008-02-23 14:23 ]

Hey GMan...nice start! I have seen that bugger in some of the "reference
materials"...even thought about attempting to do one....will be anxious
to see your progress. You have a real knack for getting the proper form.

S

Nice rough out. I haven't seen what you are talking about,
so it will be a nice surprise for me to see him
unfold. LOOKING COOL!

R
Robin posted on Sat, Feb 23, 2008 5:42 PM

Well look at you go! I haven't seen him either, but he looks very interesting. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Feb 23, 2008 9:34 PM

Great looking form so far :D

It's begun!!! Can't wait to see this one finished. You are on fire these days!!!

AWESOME WORK!
when ever I need some new tiki desing ideas I look through this thread - and get inspired! Beautiful work!

J

On 2008-02-23 14:17, GMAN wrote:

:D

-G$

I've been feeling like this at work lately!!!

A wonderful carve and interpretation of a great piece.

B

Man, look what happens when I go away for a few days. This guy looks like he will be another Keeper, can't wait to see him done. Looks like Nice work!

M
MBL posted on Thu, Feb 28, 2008 5:15 AM

Dude...Lono is killer in person! Thanks for tossing around ideas yesterday.
Tim
MBL

hi my friend looking good keep up the good work

B

Oh Yeah, I forgot the Lono,, Naked but looks great. I Knew you would get a sweet finish on him.

B

Hey GMAN! That's what I'm talking about!! He rocks! I want to see how you stain it.

So your new guy is eventually going to be doing a handstand?

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Mar 2, 2008 1:08 PM

Conga - Here is some "progress" for ya. I guess I have a knack for some things...mostly a knack for getting in trouble though...

Seeks - Thanks Bud. He's gonna take a while as he'll be all chisels and the pins, plates, and screws in body get to hurting after too much chipping.

Robin - Howdie hey? I thought he would be interesting too. We'll see...

Hewey - Thanks!

Tikifreak - YES, it has begun. How it will end, nobody knows :lol:

TikiSharkArt - I'm glad you approve. Thanks for swinging through.

JohnnyP - Don't we all!

Bzart - :D

MBL - Dude!.....

Marcus - Thanks man! Where you bean?

Benzo - :(

Bowana - Thanks man. Yes, this guy will be a headstander!

Here are some progress pics of the Hawaiian and Maori inspired figures:

This one is for Bowana:

This guy is very close to being finished.....

-G$

On 2008-03-02 13:08, GMAN wrote:

-G$

Ohhhhhhhh! Sooooooo fiiiiiiiine!

Buzzy Out!

S

The crawler is looking nice! the shape is set for a perfect carve.

Big guy is looking outstanding, dark and handsome he is.

Is the crawler ceder?

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Mar 3, 2008 3:58 AM

Thanks Buzzmeister and Seeks.

The new guy is rubber wood...I wonder if he'll bounce?

-G$

R
Robin posted on Mon, Mar 3, 2008 7:28 AM

I didn't realize rubber had such a nice grain....and there sure is lots of it here. Interesting to see the progress...since it's a mystery piece to me. Big guy just keeps getting better and better.

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Mar 3, 2008 9:46 AM

Your seriously massaging everyone's G spot lately! Can we come swim in your pool?

B

Hi G,

I'm looking forward daily to see the progress of this new one. He's pretty cool. The grain looks perfect too.
Thanks for your last P.M, I took the toolz these last days... :wink:

Mahalo,

Benjamin

B

Wow! The Crawler is Really looking Spectacular GMAN, Can't Wait to see him finished. Love the Progress shots too. More..
The Old guy is looking Just as Spectacular too, a Very distinguished looking old man if you ask me.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 2950 replies