Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Tiki's South Beach, Miami Beach, USA33139 (restaurant)

Pages: 1 5 replies

Name:Tiki's South Beach
Type:restaurant
Street:1401 Collins
City:Miami Beach
State:FL
Zip:
Phone:305.531.6421

Description:
Tiki's South Beach is an al-fresco tropical dining experience. The entrance is dramatically marked by 4 Ku statutes - 2 large (5 feet) and 2 medium (2 1/2 ft on the counter) Ku statutes. They are made of resin and are removed after closing.

Once inside a tropical dining experience awaits, complete with lush foliage, teak furniture and a waterfall. There are also tiki torches to keep the insects at bay. The restaurant glows with light from laterns on the tables. It is like dinning in a tiki, tropical rain forest.

While the menu is American, not South Pacific, the prices are very reasonable.

The owner is an avid tiki fan; however, Tiki's does not exactly overwhelm one with tiki. The drinks are not served in tiki mugs and the drink menu is very limited.

The service is also poor in back by the waterfall, although it is good in front, by the tikis.

Hmmm..sounds like it's worth a visit. I'll have to check it out.

On 2005-07-17 22:35, donhonyc wrote:
Hmmm..sounds like it's worth a visit. I'll have to check it out.

Go on a cool night. If the night is humid - while not inappropriate for tiki - it can be less comfortable.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 7:03 AM

I walked by this place when we were in South Beach on Monday. They weren't open yet, so we couldn't try it out, but they got us a copy of the menu and I got a few pics of the 4 ku in the front...

Sadly the drinks are not listed on the menu, and we were told that they only do 5 "tiki-style" drinks.

Mahalo for the nice photos, Helztiki!

Pages: 1 5 replies