Name:Hawaii 12-20 Auburn, MA
Type:restaurant
Street:Corner of rtes 12 & 20
City:Auburn
State:MA
Zip:01501
Phone: 617-832-5858

Description:
All I remember about this place was big tikis out front and begging my parents to go there. They probably replied with something like, "Shut up, you." It must have closed when I was in college (88-92). Anyone remember it? It's a 99 Restaurant now. (how I hate it)

[ Edited by: pappythesailor 2005-07-20 12:07 ]

[ Edited by: pappythesailor 2007-07-12 02:50 ]

From my phone book research, I think this place closed in 1987. I also found out it was a motor lodge too so if you got too drunk you could stumble out back to a room. Here's a pic.

Things must have been desperate in 1986. From their 1986 yellow pages ad: "We now have country music and line dancing in our new Hee Haw Lounge." Golly.

BK

I do remember this place but, I never went there. I do, however, have a mug!

BK

Hey, Pappy:
Do you have any info about the Mauna Kai in Marlboro or the Wind Tiki in Worcester?

No and almost nothing. I'm a failure. It's a good thing I didn't pursue my history degree because I can't dig up anything.

Here's another piece to add.

On 2007-08-02 20:13, Big Kahuna wrote:
Hey, Pappy:
Do you have any info about the Mauna Kai in Marlboro or the Wind Tiki in Worcester?

Hey Rick, the Wind Tiki is still open and really not a bad place at all. There is no actual tikis, but lots of bamboo and it IS (sort of) an A-frame building. I would compare it with the Bali Hai in Saugus. Drinks are OK, food is good, and they got a cool ceiling to floor waterfall in the middle of the "grotto room".
Ya wanna go some night?

Another place I "frequent" is the Kahula in Southbridge, MA. ZERO tiki, but there has been some nights I've walked out of there staggering with just 2-3 drinks.

The Wind Tiki may not be a bad place for the NE tiki clan to meet at sometime.

The Wind Tiki may not be a bad place for the NE tiki clan to meet at sometime.

Yikes. I lived three blocks from there and I never went, not even for takeout. If we're gonna go someplace w/o tiki, I'd vote for a place that at least has good Chinese food. (My apologies to Mr. Woo.)

L
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.