Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

VOTE FOR: 2003 SF Tiki Crawl

Pages: 1 25 replies

T

Will there be a 3rd annual SF Tiki Crawl? If so I need to book a flight early to 'avoid disappointment' as they say. Also, if we do come, I will be bringing my lovely and talented husband... Mr. Tikifish! Mig, I may take you up on your offer of accomodation from last year - if, of course, your spare room isn't filled up with geriatric sexpots!

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-11-14 17:57 ]

Anyone from SF's mission district recognize this guy?

http://members.tripod.com/~papalitch/timcav.html

M

By god, there better be a 2003 crawl. I have no doubt that Hanford and Mig have ideas brewing. Let me say now to both of you that I'll help with anything you need in the planning and on the night of. Just let me know. And with that, let this thread end here until it is moved to it's proper home in Tiki Events.

Sincerely,
Lathrop Firebaugh

Mig and I are working on the details as we speak! We'll keep you posted... more to come ...

Hanford

The other day at the Mai Kai show I was talking to Futura Girl about next years events, or was it Cherry Capri, I forget. But it seems there are allot of events that are directly Tiki events and a couple that although not tiki events will have some of the tiki crowd attending. we were talking about figuring out the dates that everything would be going on just to see if shows will be overlapping. as far as I can tell only one event has a date set in stone, this being one of the non tiki events that the TC memebrs go to anyways, Here go the shows:

SF Tiki Crawl
Viva Las Vegas *** April 17th-20th
Tiki Oasis
Tiki Central Hunt in Waikiki
Hukilau
Tiki Bash
Teaseorama

M
mig posted on Thu, Nov 7, 2002 11:35 AM

Sam: very good point you have. And that's one that Hanford and I are stewing about. The other date that I believe is quasi-official is that this coming Tiki Oasis is going to be Mother's Day weekend 2003 (got that info from Otto, so it's pretty reliable!)

S

Hukilau 2003's date is set, but we have not made any announcements yet. We are planning to have the new web site done when we announce the next event. We are hoping that will be this month. December at the latest. As soon as we get the artwork ready to go, we''l have the site up and make an announcement here, or near here...

And Tiki Stock 2003 for all you UK types.
Plus the Wild Weekend 4, to be held somewhere or other.

Trader Woody

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Nov 8, 2002 5:54 AM

And Summer Jamboree in Italy!

M
mig posted on Thu, Nov 14, 2002 3:50 PM

OKAY KIDS, IT'S VOTING TIME!

Hanford and I have been scheming a few possible Crawl dates, and want YOUR input. So please reply in this thread, and indicate "yes","no", or "maybe". This is, of course, an advisory vote only, and is designed to maximize who can attend. (So if you specifically CANNOT make it a certain date, indicate so here.

The dates are:

1. Weekend of 2/15/03. It's a 3-day weekend, but it is possibly not so good: may conflict with Valentine's Day, and definitely conflicts with big Chinese New Year's festivities in SF.

2. Weekend of 2/22. (Might coincide with "international Tiki day" that someone posted about! hee)

3. Weekend of 3/1

4. Weekend of 3/8 (weather warming up, and might coincide with spring break for any college kiddies)

So cast your votes here!

On 2002-11-14 15:50, mig wrote:

1. Weekend of 2/15/03. It's a 3-day weekend, but it is possibly not so good: may conflict with Valentine's Day, and definitely conflicts with big Chinese New Year's festivities in SF.

That may not necessarily be a problem. The biggest Chinese New Year event is the parade, which would be over by the time the Crawl gets started.

--cyn

So no votes yet? Anyone?

T

I don't have plans any of those dates this far in advance. Any of those are fine with me.

Maybe. Depends how busy it will be with Chinese New Year's festivities. What will the weather look like this time of year?

2. Weekend of 2/22. (Might coincide with "international Tiki day" that someone posted about! hee)
    I believe International Tiki Day is being moved to the 2nd weekend in August. This weekend looks ok too -but, what about the weather?

3. Weekend of 3/1
    Looks good to me. I don't see why this weekend wouldn't work - no holidays, etc. -but, what do think of weather?

4. Weekend of 3/8 (weather warming up, and might coincide with spring break for any college kiddies)
    This could work. Again, no holidays but wait - weather warming up? Count me in! I can wear Aloha garb without freezing my coconuts off!!

Actually, any of these dates will work for me - as long as the weather doesn't suck!

All dates look good to me, I am going to try my hardest to get up there this time. Sorry I have no preference on the dates, probably doesnt help much.

-stuckie

1. Weekend of 3/8 (weather warming up, and might coincide with spring break for any college kiddies)

So cast your votes here!

I absolutely have to vote for March 8th weekend, as that is the first weekend of my spring break at school (although I am not a "kiddy" :wink: ), and I was planning on being in CA that week anyhow. Coming from Florida....so those dates would be pretty darn convenient.

TikiCutie

There are so many tiki events that happen, but it's a plane ride for me to make any of them; I'll be lucky if I can convince Mr. Humuhumu to attend one of these in a year.

So, if I only attend one major tiki function in a year, which is the one not to be missed?

On 2002-11-16 12:24, Humuhumu wrote:

So, if I only attend one major tiki function in a year, which is the one not to be missed?

Tiki Oasis weekend in Palm Springs. :D

T

I think I will be out of town on Pres. day weekend (2/15) so I vote for any weekend except that one.

M
mig posted on Mon, Nov 18, 2002 7:06 PM

Well dang... if LeJab can't make it one of those dates, then I'd say that one is out of the running. I will NOT have a crawl without my Jab!!

TikiCutie likes 3/8 weekend. Any other opinions out there?

T

Thanks, Mig - I promise not to come down with the flu this year like I did on Saturday last time! If I get sick it better be from drinking too much!

M

I too am no good on President's Day weekend. All the others look hunky dory to me. Migger- you bringing that hot ass girlfriend of yours? Or did Maury get her?

-martin

CA

I had this idea for 'Ape in LA II'-"ValentineTiki" some Sat.night in Feb??

if you go with a Feb date keep me posted, I would hate for more TC-types flying the coop for another APE-LA event... the Hukilooloo F'ed us last time.

So are we any closer to makinga decision on the dates yet?

What are the votes leaning towards so far?

TikiCutie :wink:

I like 3/8 'cause it's 2 days after my birthday, so it's a good excuse to take a trip...

On 2002-11-18 19:06, mig wrote:
Well dang... if LeJab can't make it one of those dates, then I'd say that one is out of the running. I will NOT have a crawl without my Jab!!

TikiCutie likes 3/8 weekend. Any other opinions out there?

M
mig posted on Mon, Dec 2, 2002 7:09 PM

Well, if Maxton is thinking of coming from Portland OR, and if TikiCutie is thinking of coming from FL, and they both like 3/8, that sounds pretty groovy. Hanford and I will scheme make sure that we can nail it down as a final date. We have to check with various bars/venues as well...

mig

Pages: 1 25 replies