Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Polynesia! LP

Pages: 1 5 replies

K

Who was it that posted the mp3s of Polynesia! on the Yahoo site? I meant to say "thanks" and that i am crazy about the tracks! Did this group produce any more music? Can you tell me anything more about the LP?

Thanks

Kentiki

K

that's tiki kiliki's doing

S
Swanky posted on Wed, May 1, 2002 2:25 PM

Out of maybe a 3 foot high stack or Exotica records, that is my (our) favorite. We got the EP version at a record sale for basically nothing. We bought a 45 version off Ebay and I think there is an LP version out there. I am wanting to find it if there are any more songs to be had.

I did a bit of research on Charles Mauu. He seems to have been involved in a lot of projects. He has a short bio on eonline I think. I have not seen anything else by him.

Once I get my equalizer fixed, I am going to re-record that album and burn it to CD.

I love to wake up on Saturday morning to that stuff!

I think I have a picture of the cover in my pictures on Yahoo? If I don't I'll send it to you Kentiki. It's fantastic!

Swanky and I oh so love those tunes. And yes, Saturday mornings we listen to it while we drink some damn fine coffee.

Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki

K

Thanks again for posting those tracks. I would never have discovered them otherwise! If only I could figure the chords for uke I could try and play along. I couldn't keep up, but it'd be fun tryin.

I couldn't find the cover on Yahoo. I think I remember it, but the weird way the folders are listed now, it wasn't easy to look around. If you don't mind emailing it, you can to [email protected]

Thanks,

Kentiki

Hi, Gang! Here's a link to see the cover of Polynesia! http://www.317x.com/albums/m/charlesmauu/card.html
There's a recording available called "Heart of Tahiti" by Charley Mauu which sounds fun based on the clips that can be heard at http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=2LF2U5GUOT&ean=52824226722

Enjoy!

-Weird Unc

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki on 2002-05-02 12:18 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies