Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Treasure Craft stuff

Pages: 1 2 68 replies

On 2009-10-26 10:37, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
I have the pineapple/menehune part without the dish.

As do I, I think it was one of my first Treasure Craft finds.
I even have a Menehune by himself, which was brought up in an older thread.
I have a few Treasure Craft ashtrays (a pine apple and a shell. I'll look for them to contribute to the discussion.

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2009-10-28 07:48 ]

Treasure Craft Tiki S & P shakers with the hang tag from my collection.

On 2009-10-24 17:12, sputnikmoss wrote:

Pineapple menehune set

close-up menehune

It doesn't seem to me that the Menehune and Pineapple go with that tray. In your close-up the pineapple fits, but there's no base for the menehune to sit on. But more telling, the themes don't match. It seems that something with grapes and grapevines would go in the center just like with your fish set. Or, conversely, if the pineapple/menehune is right then the tray would have Hawaiiana themes around it... pineapples, tapa cloth patterns, plumeria flowers... all themes Treasure Craft used on other items.

It seems odd but I just bought http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Craft-Pottery-Stoneware-California/dp/0764320726/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279754161&sr=8-1 and it's a match. They even make another version of it with the menehune sitting next to a X-mas tree instead of a pineapple for use during Christmas! hahaha

Xmas, menehune, splatter glaze, grapes, faux bois.... now I think I need to own that! lol
I'll be on the lookout for the tray to go with my Pineapple Menehune in the mean time.
I just found that book, I think I need to get it (I'm developing a bit of a Treasure Craft habit within my tiki habit).

R

a few different versions

here's the same menehune on a different pineapple piece:

And the Xmas tree Menehune:

Buzzy Out!

Here is some more Treasure Craft that we have come across while thrifting.

[ Edited by: sputnikmoss 2010-07-22 19:19 ]

L

Recent find, TC#31 Split leaf Philodendron ashtray:

Friend found these for me ($10 total for 5!). Some if not all are in this thread already but I had to share:

Favorite, TC#402 Menehune Outrigger Ashtray (not the best pic):

Just wanted to show the difference in quality of different molds. THe crisp one in back, or the one that's lost most detail in front.

L

Here are some more (sorry for dup pics..I dont have the patience to edit out the ones that may have already been posted!)

Trivet

Hawaii Plate

Large green Hawaii leaf bowl

Large 3 compartment orage leaf bowl

Large mult compartment green leaf bowl

Medium Hawaii pineapple dish

Seahorse wall pocket

C

Here's some Treasure Craft stuff I found at my local indoor flea market last week. I love the little hula guy & girl. They got their own place on my trophy shelf.

Clintiki

I have O.T.D: Obsessive.Tiki.Disorder!.. :)

C

Here's a faux "monkeypod wood" TC bowl I bought today at a yard sale. I love the crazed effect inside!

Clintiki

I have O.T.D: Obsessive.Tiki.Disorder!..:)

Is this the business card holder mentioned earlier in this thread?
I couldn't figure out a use for it until I saw the post, but it no longer has it's picture.

There's a small hole on the top just behind his elbow, for a pen holder?
It doesn't need a hole there for firing.

Disney Polynesian Village Treasure Craft dish!!!
But why's it got to be a butterfly?!

Found the coolest Moai candle today at an estate sale. I just now saw that it is stamped Treasure Craft 1959 on the back! I checked our Treasure Craft book and it's in there,just a photo from the sales sheet. Has anyone else heard of Treasure Craft making candles. Wonder if they sold the mold because it was a very short lived item. Anyway I am stoked!

Buzzy, I'm curious if your Pineapple with Menehune is numbered on the back? I've got 3 versions of these, numbered #120, #130, and #515. The later one is the most common one that comes up for sale, but they are nearly identical.

None of the ones I have include the Menehune but Treasure Craft made many pieces with or without the Menehune attached. Yours also has holes along the top for toothpicks to be inserted (for hors d'oeuvres), which none of mine have.

Uncle Tray: Those 2 figures are from Hana Isle. They are very hard to find.

[ Edited by TikiMike on 2022-06-26 16:33:23 ]

These were made by artist Ray Murray of Hana Isle. I have a few of these and only some were marked. Ray was the Manager of Treasure Craft's Maui plant before he started his own business.

Pages: 1 2 68 replies