Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Perry's Smorgy restaurants, Honolulu (Waikiki), HI (restaurant)

Pages: 1 7 replies

V
virani posted on Sun, Sep 4, 2005 2:46 AM

Name:Perry's Smorgy restaurants
Type:restaurant
Street:Kuhio avenue
City:Honolulu (Waikiki)
State:HI
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
While in Hawaii, I found this restaurant that serves all you can eat buffet for a low cost.
The food was good, but the decor was much more nicer. It looked like an old tiki bar (that's why I wanted to have dinner there). Inside were differents huts, with water falls, some (strange) tikis, vintage hawaiian posters...
Maybe there's a link with the Smorgy's restaurants in Australia, but I've never heard of a location in Hawaii...

I'll post pictures soon

V
virani posted on Wed, Sep 7, 2005 1:22 PM

Wow that place looks really cool. I was in Oahu at the beginning of summer I wish I new about this place. Thanks for the info and posting photo's.
Later,
Spermy

D

hey, thats much nicer than the Perry's Smorgy places i remember in southern california when i was a kid!

thanks for the post, i'm adding it to my list for our upcoming trip!

I ate here in March of 2010. It was a really cool atmosphere with decent food. However, there was a dead bird floating in the pond and when we alerted the staff, they already knew about it. The person that removes them wasn't coming until a few hours later that day. Hmm.

J

FYI, Perry's is no more. It has been replaced by a Japanese buffet which has some kind of connection with "Hello Kitty"...

I didn't go in so I can't comment on the food.

Actually I never went in when it was Perry's. They used to have Tikis ?? !!

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-01-21 11:00 ]

Aloha,

Yes it has a Hello Kitty theme now... but when I quickly looked inside last week, it was still tikified. You can see more of what there was in this place in my book, Waikiki Tiki.

i hear they make a great meow tai.

Pages: 1 7 replies