City:Anaheim (SoCal)
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:

The sign that remains is the best part of this place

The motel itself is nothing special

But the neon sign at night is very cool

If you are in the area at night, the LinBrook bowling alley is just a block or two south of here along Brookhurst with this awesome neon sign (the pin roates 360)

[ Edited by: ZuluMagoo 2005-09-10 16:25 ]

[ Edited by: zulumagoo 2005-09-13 20:33 ]

Just a clarification, the bowling Alley is called LinBrook Bowl and has an awesome bar called the Kopa Room. Cork walls and ceiling and Karaoke 7 nights a week. You should check it out if in the area. Mixed crowd but good times. I will be there this Friday.

A

Nice discovery, that's a beautiful sign on that motel! I can't believe I've missed that motel, as we often make a stop when we're in that area to visit the Linbrook Bowl, and revel in the good fortune that the pin still spins and the sign is still fine (uh, and the bowling is still rolling).

-Randy

I live like 1 mile from there.
How are the tropical drinks??
Jeff(bigtikidude)

While slipping away from the family vacation for an early morning tiki excursion I found this old tiki temple still standing.

Here are a couple of pictures to update this thread. The natives were restless so I neglected to get a picture of the pool. It is still there and full of clear water but was hidden behind the fence in front.

What's with the fast food color scheme on the sign? Are they trying to make weary travelers hungry ?

While doing some Tiki research I came across this image of the Kona Motel postcard.

This thread deserves a better scan of the old postcard.

Close up of the A-frame and the sign,

Another one of those frustrating postcards that did not get a good frontal shot of the sign... what was that photographer thinking??

DC

On 2011-05-09 15:37, Dustycajun wrote:
Another one of those frustrating postcards that did not get a good frontal shot of the sign... what was that photographer thinking??

Especially since the sign is the most "Tiki" thing about the place. That A-frame looks more like a standard German 50s home than a native hut.

Bet you it was owned by some proper German immigrants to Anaheim. :)

Pages: 1 8 replies