Name:Sandbar
Type:bar
Street:1108 South Main
City:Ottawa
State:KS
Zip:66067
Phone:785-242-8888

Description:
Tiki in Ottawa, Kansas?? YES! (Well, sort of.) Weird as it may seem, the Sandbar has more than just a tiki on their sign. They sell "tropical" drinks in modern Orchids (Chinese made) mugs. The overall decor is well done even if the tikis are injection-molded. Didn't have time for drink or food, but the place was clean. They also have a location in Lawrence, KS (KU hometown) but I've never been in it to see what's what. And they have a website:
http://www.thesandbar.com/index.swf

[ Edited by: SilverLine 2005-09-13 13:36 ]

[ Edited by: SilverLine 2005-09-13 13:39 ]

Silverline enlightened:

Tiki in Ottawa, Kansas?? YES!...They also have a location in Lawrence, KS

Wow...how did THAT slip by us? Not that its tiki by CA standards, but, hey, its KS. Did you get the feeling they'd had the tiki decor since 1989?

On 2005-09-13 13:35, SilverLine wrote:

So that's how Cher is spending her retirement.

On 2005-09-13 16:17, tikijackalope wrote:
Wow...how did THAT slip by us? Not that its tiki by CA standards, but, hey, its KS. Did you get the feeling they'd had the tiki decor since 1989?

The Ottawa location is "new" according to their website, so I'm guessing that it's probably no more than a couple years old. Next time I'm in Lawrence I'll pop into that one and see what they've done.

Yeah, for us MoKan dwellers, real Tiki is hard to come by.

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ Edited by: SilverLine 2005-09-13 20:43 ]

8T

That HAS to be a Merman cross dresser. Man she/he is ugly.
I went through Ottawa a couple of times this year but I guess I didn't go down the right street 'cause I have'nt seen this place either.

Pages: 1 4 replies