Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Bosko 9/24/2010 new Art pg 10

Pages: 1 2 3 4 171 replies

Hello everyone, I have a feeling I should be posting this in events but I don’t have all the info so I’m putting it here for now. I have been working on a “solo” show that is going to be at M-Modern Palm Springs, but it opens this next Friday (the 18th) at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas if anyone is in the area please stop by and take a look it’s in conjunction with “Crime on Canvas, Las Vegas’ biggest art show ever”. I have been working on a group of the wood art since we got back from Hukilau, I am trying to get a couple of paintings out at the same time and a couple of mugs for Oasis so I am burning the candle at both ends as they say.

The pieces below were done with a more “Modern” twist since the show was/is going to be in Palm Springs.

Thanks for looking,

Bosko

That's great. I bet someone will buy the second one to hang it into their Alexander, and visitors will not be able to tell it's not vintage. :)

Dig these man. Thanks for the sneak peek.

Hey BOSKO,

What's new lately?

S

NICE!

L

REALLY NICE !

T

Yea, Bosko....what you got goin on ?

Hello all, sorry I don’t post as much as I should but I haven’t been carving like I used to so not as much Tiki work to show.
Having said that apparently I am not paying attention or my brain cells are going as I have no idea how I missed this post getting bumped up a few weeks ago, I do check here regularly but just didn’t see it, in any case thanks for the interest everyone.

We have three new mugs in progress (no photos yet they are in the mold) that we’re “hoping” to debut at Oasis, I am also plodding along working on my presentation for Tiki Oasis, it is going to be about Tiki mugs if you are there please stop by it should be interesting.
We shot the new Beachbum Berry book cover a few months ago, if you come to my talk you can see it there or I am told the bum showed it at Hukilau

We’re in the early stages of planning a new wood art show (hopefully) opening in October, I’ll post more here as that develops.

The last few months I have been in a New Guinea frame of mind, and here’s the latest,

the mug is our newest piece of ceramic.

The cartoony guy I did about a month ago, carved out of cedar.

The two below I finished yesterday and the are each about 6 foot tall carved out of solid cedar.

Again thanks for your interest and if you have any questions or comments please let’s hear them.

Bosko

great stuff Danny,
I really like those a lot.

can't wait for your show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Alwasy great to see new stuff here. A real breath of PNG fresh air.

B

Cool stuff from the Bosko finally! :o :o :o

Incredible PNG shields!
I remember 2 you did for the Tiki magazine show at Planet Rooth last year
and they were BIG but not 6-foot BIG!
Those 2 had quite an impact and were filled with
that Bosko mana!
That's how you know it's art
it has that POWER!

Great new batch,man!
:)

T

Wow, cool mug!

The big shields are very cool. The mug is also really nice. Be seeing you at Oasis for sure.

Nice work i think you are great!

M
mp posted on Thu, Jun 25, 2009 11:19 PM

Bosko, Im new here on TC but have loved your work for quite a while
now. Just wanted to let you know I really dig your art. I made it into the
Taboo Cove several times, it was a masterpiece. It still is a masterpiece.
You rock! MP

Hello, thanks for the wonderful comments everyone sorry for the delay I am in the middle of a pile of carving for Oasis. Also we're trying to get my lecture finished if you can make it we'd love to have you, it about the early days of Tiki mug collecting mug production that kind of thing. If you are at Oasis please stop by and say hello we'll be vending with Mr and Mrs Tiki Diablo

Not much new but a few ceramics that we're debuting at Oasis, take a look

Thanks

Bosko

LT

Those are great! I really like the Moai.

T

You did it again Big B. Really into the last two. ~teaKEY

B

Nice stuff Bosko, ou should do more like these. Hope you have another great show.

Fun and distinctive as always!

Aloha everyone,

As usual sorry for the delay we have many pots on the stove, but what I have been working on are more of the framed art pieces.
I have a solo show coming up at M-Modern in Palm Springs on October 3rd, if you happen to be in town please stop by and say hello.
Below are a few examples, one Tiki even, we have these and a few more posted on http://www.boskoart.com

Thanks for looking

Bosko

LOVE the fish, Bosko!

S

Nice nice nice! Love the long face guys and the not @ the noise.

C

I like the fishies too, nice job on all of them.

B

Hey,

Good luck on your solo show Bosco. I wished that I was going to be up there to attend. Great work Sir!

Really cool stuff on the website Bosko! I love all of 'em but the
"ants" sorta freak me out, in a good way. Great ideas.

Man! Those are dynamite! I love the color accents and the colors you chose. Beauties.

H

YES -the fish one is spectacular, very pleasing to the eye...

T

There is a new color up @ Big B's web palace

Fun stuff Bosko! If I can make it to palm springs I'll be in for a treat.

Hello everyone I haven’t posted on the creating Tiki page in quite a while, due to a variety of reasons, but I had to take a break from almost all carving late last year, so there was not much to post. A month or two ago I got back into it, and below is some of my more recent output.
As you can see I got into the New Guinea style in a big way, I was able to get a hold of a large quantity of cedar planks and got very inspired. The shortest piece runs about 40 inches or so the tallest over 10 feet, there is a shot with me (cropped out) next to it. I have more in the shop not pictured and a couple more still in progress, if there is any interest, we are also having a sale (of sorts) on the New Guineas, take a look at what's available on the website http://www.tikibosko.com

Also a largish 10+ foot Ku I recently finished the dog and I are in the picture and fat 6+ foot Moai and the art I sent to the Fallen Idols show.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please fire away…

Bosko

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 20, 2010 5:35 PM

sweet love the png pieces..the easter island piece is awesome, Is it still for sale?

S

Picasso of the PNG! nice works.

B

Bosko, Nice piece for the Bold Hype show, Love those Moai

T

The Easter Island piece is FANTASTIC! Make more like this!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 21, 2010 12:14 AM

MINE!!!

GROG WANT!!! Back off you bastards!

P.S. The PNGs look great, and GROG not PNG fan.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-04-21 00:15 ]

You are the man. Those sheilds are super cool. The size alone... jeez. The tiki is one of those pieces that just screams BOSKO! Great work as always.

M
mp posted on Wed, Apr 21, 2010 8:37 AM

Incredible work Bosko! very inspirational indeed.

V

Beautiful ! I love your new pieces, and agree about the easter island framed, it's a real beauty !

T

Wow. I love this. Bravo.

B

On 2010-04-20 17:04, TIKIBOSKO wrote:

As you can see I got into the New Guinea style in a big way, I was able to get a hold of a large quantity of cedar planks and got very inspired.

Bosko, I'm really stoked on your new PNG work! You have really added a Bosko modern touch to this style...it's just plain fantastic stuff!! I hope you keep on kicking it around in this area for a while as it is a great branch off direction for you. I see a "killer" solo show rearing it's head here in this new vein. How the hell did you do all this work in just a few months...damn.

[ Edited by: Babalu 2010-04-21 11:25 ]

Really great stuff! Love the big tiki and Easter island piece. What a variety of (shields?) all very nicely painted. Like the dog too. Great work and I can't wait to see more.

Hey Bosko!
Those PNG shields are SUPERB!
Great chunky whimsy going on in those!
They feel like they're about to jump off those shields
and start a jungle dance!
Excellent!

WHERE do you get those freakin' logs, man? LOVE the big stuff, Bosko. Oldworld tiki with a contemporary toothache.

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Apr 21, 2010 3:39 PM

Good to see you back with a polypop groove, Bosko!!

Love all the new pieces...and yes, like others have said before me, these are immediately recognizable as BOSKO works. Superb! :)

Thanks for posting. G

Bosko, you get a Gigantic "OMG" from me! Those PNG's just to die for...

My Hero!

Outstanding stuff. That Ku is the Bomb!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 171 replies