Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

project: pimento seeks la gigs

Pages: 1 3 replies

K
kausmo posted on Thu, May 2, 2002 8:08 PM

project:pimento, a theremin based lounge pop cover act from san francisco is seeking summer shows in
the LA area. the band is fronted by the lovely and sultry, velvet voiced vocalist, lola bombay
(http://www.loricarsillo.com/) and supported by dr. robby virus on the theremin. the band also
includes, makers mark on upright bass, top shelf rich on the skins and guitarist absolute michael.
project:pimento perform hits from movie soundtracks such as james bond, classic pop tunes from bacharach and others, tv theme tunes and of course sambas for your drinking and dancing pleasure.

[email protected]

m.t.

did i mention we do weddings and play at the bamboo hut in sf the last thurs of every month?

And have you got any CDs or whatever out, for those of us exiled over t'other side of the pond? I got a theremin jones...

Yes - I was going to ask too! I saw you guys play at the Bamboo Hut and was transported to an entirely different era. Good stuff. :)

Don't suppose you guys ever get up to the NW... Jasmine Tree would be a great venue for you. I'd be willing to try my hand at promoting for you up here - I'm a prouducer, so how much of a stretch could it be?

Pages: 1 3 replies