Description:

opening Dec. 14th-ish

Just below Sven-BoT's house.

Tiajuana-Tiki at it's best!!!!

yes- Cha Cha Lounge in Seattle!!!

Rock stars a plenty!!!!

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2005-12-07 01:07 ]

H

For Seattleites: this is the same Cha Cha from Capital Hill [sic -- it's really spelled that way in Seattle].

A friend of mine who is a Cha Cha barfly told me they were opening up a Silverlake location, a few folks from Seattle are planning on flying down for the opening, he says. I've only been in Cha Cha a little -- it's got some very cool aspects, heavy on the red lighting and tons o' thatch -- but from what I remember the Seattle location is really a pure Mexican-kitch bar. Expect it to be quite full of the hipster/emo youngsters that populate Silverlake & Los Feliz.

On 2005-11-08 21:35, Humuhumu wrote:
it's got some very cool aspects, heavy on the red lighting and tons o' thatch -- but from what I remember the Seattle location is really a pure Mexican-kitch bar.

The Silverlake Cha Cha Lounge will have Bamboo Ben Bamboo, Thatch, Lauhala, a photo booth, red lights, (maybe some Tiki's)., strong drinks!, Pure Mexican-kitch, Black Velets, etc.

( chromeland!!! ie; to get away from the norm )

The Head Honchos. Jeff, Wade and Kevin.

Right hand corner of the bar up high there is a tiki. A tiki wearing a sombrerro!! My signiture. So, can we call it a tiki bar now? Also, Sven visited twice in the last 4 daze and even gave them a Witco to hang on the wall. So, we can settle out of court and call it Tijuana Tiki.

From the play pen stlye wrap around booth area. Damn thing must be 20 lin. ft. at least!

For this I must end with a lil' Father Sarducci.

Off to the Kona Club early a.m. to do some final touches for a few daze. Rumor has it that the 17th might be the night to go. For both the Cha Cha Lounge and the Kona Club. Rumor also has it that Billy Joe from Green Day owns the Kona Club. Rumor also has it that you will see a rock star at least once a night at the Cha Cha Lounge.

cheers!

Bamboo Ben !

Tiajuana tiki. I like tiki unifying cultures and crossing borders.

The only question Can one add a shot of tequila to the Mai Tai?

On 2005-12-07 19:01, christiki295 wrote:

The only question Can one add a shot of tequila to the Mai Tai?

Sure! Why not!! Try a floater of coco-nut rum on top of your next porter/stout beer. It's rather tasty!!

Try an Absolute mai tai too. It's what Mrs. T ( owner of Mai Kai) drinks.

Also, listen to Funk when building anything tiki.

Trust me.

Whats the actual address?

[ Edited by: LavaPants 2005-12-13 11:11 ]

On 2005-12-12 13:34, LavaPants wrote:
Whats the actual address?

2375 Glendale Blvd.

Used to be Le Bar, the Mexican Drag Queen bar, across from the Bitburger (name?) German joint just below a
"tiki god(s) hut.

[ Edited by: LavaPants 2005-12-13 11:11 ]

Is tonight the night for the grand opening?

Definitely open now. I attempted to go around midnight., but the line was a block long.

On 2006-01-17 23:33, christiki295 wrote:
Definitely open now. I attempted to go around midnight., but the line was a block long.

Midnight on a Tuesday?? Line around the block?

Someone is doing something right. Hmmmm...

Silvelake loves the Tijauana meets tiki decor and the Seattle grunge music types:

Link to calendarlive story

If it dosen't appear go to latimes.com or calendarlive.com & enter tiki & Seattle.

[ Edited by: christiki295 2006-01-28 11:37 ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu - fixed broken link - 2006-01-28 11:59 ]

Oh no!:

"....Who knows, maybe this stretch of Glendale Boulevard will become a bonafide barhopping hub. If the success of Seattle's Cha Cha, which helped make the Capitol Hill area buzz when it opened eight years ago, is any example, the fiesta here is just getting started..."

"where, under a thatch hut roof, the bartenders (yes, most are in bands; the Melvins' Dale Crover even minds the libations on Sundays) pour your poison and pick the tunes"

I've made it back stage man!!!

Pages: 1 14 replies