Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

sophista-tiki orignals Dawn Frasier

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,256 replies

working on my hat to wear at this summers weekenders. Hukilau in 2 days

etsy.com/sophistatiki. Everything from my newest line- Castaway Cravats to prints of my Tiki Magazine Cover

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-06-08 07:38 ]

going in the frame today.
guess I should title it
its 15" x 20
watercolor on hotpress board

a graduation gift for my friend Vanessa
next weekend she graduates from Seattle Pacific University with a degree in marketing and goes right into a job waiting for her at Amazon.
I have worked for her family since before she was born.
In a way I'm glad I wont be at graduation because I don't think I could keep myself from crying.

H

Your work is always amazing and I love the shoe and the hat.

Paint your tiniest detail with your biggest brush
its harder than you think
but it forces you to loosen up your paintings

this is todays piece
done on the cheap practice paper
I went as far as I could go with a 3/4" flat brush I really have to switch to a round.

my 2015 Poly Hia yearbook doodle

pre coffee here so my brain isn't really in gear yet.
I'll be boosting inventory and making exclusive items to vend Tiki Kon in Portland so look for lots of new pieces from all of my lines over the next 2 weeks.

so much to do I 'll juts go as far as I can.
first off my to do list is all new Castaway cravats from my latest fabrics

paintings fabric ( my paintings)

also working on cabana sets for Tiki Oasis and a bazillion things I cant talk about yet.

did I show off my hat yet?

big hit at Hukilau
I'll be offering a couple of them at Tiki Kon hand painted on a vintage hat.

K

Rad stuff, Dawn! Not sure if I've seen if you're going to Oasis or not... It's probably in this thread somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it. Ha. If you are coming, will you be bringing ties? Those things are super cool

Cheers,
Woody

K

Ok... Just found the answer to my question. I'm a little hungover. Sorry.

There's just so much beauty on your thread. Your home should be in Architectural Digest, your art in every tiki and Polynesian home on this planet and your clothing on every body! See you at Oasis, Wendy

Just catching up. my brain is over full of projects. I'm prepping for Tiki Kon in Portland, it will be my only vending event. I don't normally vend,I'm horrible at it. But by the time I got to budgeting for the event it was sold out and applying for vending was my only option to get myself there.
There will be tons of my stuff at Tiki Oasis walking around on people including some cabana sets and I'll have a painting in the art show.
I know someday I'm going to have to get my bus down there to be included in the cars show portion.
I post most of whats new in my FB sophista-tiki page or on instagram and you can get stuff anytime from my etsy shop. I just bumped all of my threads in the marketplace BTW.
new paintings coming next week.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-06-26 11:56 ]

working on new pieces for Tiki Kon. The originals will be framed and available BUT they will be offered as a print set also.

done

needs more

AND Im finally getting my ass in gear on the Atomic Tiki Terrors show. Hope the piece is finished, framed and ready to ship by the weekend. and that i actually HAVE the money to ship it.

etsy.com/sophistatiki. Everything from my newest line- Castaway Cravats to prints of my Tiki Magazine Cover.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-06-30 08:09 ]

Marqbot for tiki terrors

getting closer
should be done in a couple of hours. then onto the next piece tooo much stuff due all at once!

R

Dawn I think you have to be one of the most industrious, hardest working people in tiki. We all love what you do. Looking forward to meeting you at Tiki Kon.

done

also finished up these cabana sets last night

been busy making stuff for Tiki Kon. getting inventory dis-plays and signage done right now. hope the prints arrive on time , I may have to give up on the newest Sophista-kites design making it on time. it hasn't shipped yet.

other than the small inexpensive things I have stacked for inventory I'll be bringing as much framed originals as I feel like grabbing off the walls. should be something for everyones budget

also I made a cute bar for myu merchant counter in my booth

just made this
Sophista-kites totem display

[ Edited by: sophista-tiki 2015-07-08 09:06 ]

picture n ow included with the last post

M

I like your new kite totem.

R

That Tiki totem display is too cool Dawn!

Great booth setup, Dawn!

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 2015-07-14 08:23 ]

Finally got around to releasing the latest Sophista-kites tiki party decor design. Mai kai inspired green Chinese tiles.

etsy.com/shop/sophistatiki. Everything from my newest line- Castaway Cravats to prints of my Tiki Magazine Cover.

[ Edited by: sophista-tiki 2015-07-19 08:57 ]

my Sophista-kites retail displays

one of the new designs this week

etsy.com/sophistatiki. Everything from my newest line- Castaway Cravats to prints of my Tiki Magazine Cover.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-07-20 19:42 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-07-20 19:43 ]

working on my TO group show piece , actually I think Im sending a pair.

Travel Marquesan Moon Rocketlines

then theres this which I actually did a few months ago but we just finalized it for public consumption.

theres a listing in my etsy shop

shortly I'll be able to lay the next project on you thats currently being proto-typed for general public consumption.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-07-28 11:47 ]

getting closer

done

" Travel Marquesan Mooon Rocketlines"
both
8" x 11"
watercolor and ink on paper

*** NOT a complaint , just an observation.***Good thing theres signs of life outside of TC. Just for comparison TC- Crickets, the rest of the internet- already sold both pieces and have to start over for the Tiki Oasis group show. Thus proving my point that the majority of TC'rs have the capability to completely ignore what an artist posts.

Dawn, I think part of the problem is it is so much easier to click "Like" and add a comment on social media like Facebook and Instagram, etc. I don't think they are intentionally ignoring you. And congratulations & condolences for selling them both already (condolences since you have to start over. I can only imagine how you must hate to paint :wink: )

Patrick McNeal
"Trader Pat"

Visit Patrick's Tiki Hut!

[ Edited by: Biotron2000 2015-07-30 12:12 ]

I have a decades worth of seeing how things operate around here. Its not my imagination. again not complaining, Just making an observation.

H

Beautiful print on your last shirt picture, very nice.

final piece for TO show

last set of projects done for Tiki oasis, whew, thai food stat please.

Cabana/honeymoon set accessory kit

T

Dawn, love the paintings for the TO Art Show- look forward to seeing them in person!

I also truly love those orange zippers on the Aloha shirts! Very cool to see zippers as a design element. :)

I have a small window of time before the next onslaught of projects start, so I've been making progress on RUGXOTICA in between some earthworks projects in my back yard.
I'm finally backing these pieces I still need to get the cutting tool to finish the tops.

new

theres other new stuff like a 6 ft x 8 ft rug but this is just from the last 3 days . some of these will be in a book, the bottom 2 are included in my latest print set.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-09-19 10:27 ]

Outside of finishing up some pending projects and signing some licensing contracts for image publishing, I took a whole week off and just did house chores.
moved a lot of furniture, organized some stuff, and started on my record cabinet build which I've been putting off for a few yrs. Not art for those that cant think beyond something small. In my world my house and decorating has always been my biggest art project.

I have the downstairs living room set up for this winters projects including refinishing that console record player that was unfortunately painted

testing to see how it looks with records. next the back panel goes on, then the tracks for the masonite sliding doors in the front

getting started on a large RUGXOTICA piece

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-09-28 08:36 ]

3rd times a charm , I've typed out this post twice already added all the pics with descriptions ( which I dont always feel like doing (cause whats the point ,,,,lurkers) and when I submitted the site dropped. geeez. The first 2 posts were far less snarky.

OK so October = slow, but still moving forward just bigger projects on the table as opposed to hustling for events which is always a frenzy.

2 spots left for Christmas RUGXOTICA commissions. smart people planned ahead to allow me time to source the NOS materials.

heres some highlights

finished building my record cabinet ( thats a cabinet to store records in, not the same as a console stereo.) I cant even count the number of people who have sent me links to console stereos because apparently the don't know the difference between the 2.

another set of Sophista-kites display totems

I painted on Lushys backyard tiki hut

started some new RUGXOTICA pieces

beefing up inventories for the holidays on some of my lines including the RUGXOTICA decor pillow covers

theres a lot more , all pics including in progress shots can be found on my sophista-tiki instagram

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-10-23 08:06 ]

I wish I could write as well as Kinney R. to show you how much I respect your work ethic and creative talent. I just enjoyed looking at the last two pages of your work so much that I'll be smiling the rest of the day. Wendy

thats sweet Wendy, thank you. I know you have also been full speed busy with your own projects.

It all looks good!

random assortment of new stuff I'm working on.
Sophista-tiki Holiday 2015 gift wrap design with matching cards and gift tags. I'd try and post in marketplace but the last thing I posted there started a gigantic troll-y shitstorm of people who cant READ, so I'll probably avoid that scenario.

in 3 colors - red green, and white. This design has been featured in Recent Trends daily since I released it.
RUGXOTICA pieces

doing the finish work on the 2 rugs posted above and starting on a BIG piece, and a couple of chirtsmas commissions

There are about 2 dozen new designs in the works- some for RUGXOTICA decor fabrics, some for licensing projects, and some available as Sophista-tiki Togs

Random holiday decoration pic. I've already started spewing christmas on my house because I need to photograph this years offerings for sale.

I'm also finally getting around to making my own feather trees. Every one I've ever seem has been on the lame side and I have my own ideas about what I think they should look like. I may not even get out an aluminum tree this year, now that everyone and their dog has one it feels kinda played out.

The first few branches are made. I have it about 1/3 done now. gonna need more feathers.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-11-14 12:33 ]

all 3 colors juts arrived

working on new paintings

latest painting just finished this morning

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1256 replies