Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

sophista-tiki orignals Dawn Frasier

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,256 replies

Thanks My pics suck they look much better in person. I also worked on my packaging today. so they will all look extra special and appealing at the sale.

Great style with these pieces Dawn! Very nice colors too....

WOW Dawn!

Seems like you an' Kinny are in a race at break-neck speed to see who can out-art each other before the sale! It's all GORGEOUS, too. I'll be lovin' havin' your stuff with me at the sale, but I'm gonna hafta figure out how to display eleven-millionteen works of art in a 10'x10' space that's all ready full! I wish all my "dilemmas" were that much fun, by the way... :D

Dawn!
kickin Azz and takin Names!
every one's a winner!
i wondered how you been getttin these done so fast....
They look 5x7 inches max-so i feel a little better...
thought i was losing me edge!
you been dippin into the ZIPFIZZ?
i think you got me beat!
i counted 13 since yesterday's post!
i only got 2 drawings and 2 paintings done... :(
need to dump the dayjob!
These are gonna be fun to see in person at the Sale!
Next Sale get your self done here in person!

thanks guys Im excited about you all seeing my work in person! My pics never do the pieces justice. there is just so much more depth and subtlety when you get to see them in person. all of the paintings are parking lot sale size and priced accordingly. and will come neatly packaged and in their own display box. So no worries about them taking up alot of space. Its like alittle box of tiki art treasure. Heres a pic of my packaging mock up

B

Just purchased my first Dawn Frasier Original (the one on the right). I can't wait to get it up so I can enjoy it in it's permanent space!

Thanks Dawn! You're the best!

BeadTiki

On 2006-11-09 12:01, Clarita wrote:

On 2006-09-20 23:58, dogbytes wrote:
in case you dont look at all the Events threads.. here's a picture with 2 of Dawn's works more

This are so cool!!!I almost here music! And the van is really great too!!Greetings

Keep your shorts on people, this was obviously a mistake in posting,
if you have not already figured that out.

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-04-25 19:38 ]

Hey I got spammed! make it go away! I thougt "NEW TIKI ART BY DAWN FRASIER" was supposed to actually be art by Dawn Frasier not someone elses sales pitch!

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-04-16 10:52 ]

B

Dawn, charge him a seller's fee for using your space - 33 1/3% from every item sold! LOL

Aloha Dawn! WOW! Look at you go it just gets better all the time!Love the flow and the colors, keep it up!Aloha Mooney

heres a couple more fresh ones Im still working on these smaller watercolors until I get them out of my syatem. But I am about to move on to a couple of larger paintings.

B

I like how that first one the Tiki is "peeking" around the corner! Cute!

Regan

On 2008-04-19 12:58, Sophista-tiki wrote:
heres a couple more fresh ones Im still working on these smaller watercolors until I get them out of my syatem. But I am about to move on to a couple of larger paintings.

Hey all.
Ive been playing with my fancy new flatbed scanner and software. I finally got photoshop. ( hey , dont tease! I still have a roatary phone too!)

anyway I scanned some new paintings and a coupl of previously posted ones to se if there is a big difference. lemme know, Dawn

this is a repeat but a scan instead of a photo

and here it is again with a color tweek

https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3734/44e0b79e.jpg

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-05-02 13:35 ]

TL

YAAAY! Dawn's in the 21st century now!!!

Seriously though, they look great; scan-wise and artistically-wise! :D

RH

Nice work, Dawn. I really like your palette on these. I love working in watercolors, and think your glazing of different colors has a nice, loose feel to it, especially on the large, elliptical mask.

Fresh baked painting! MMMM its still hot and melty.
Ok I just finished this one about 5 minutes ago. at least I think its finished I might play with it a little
But with watercolor you get one shot to get it right. Theres no re-working an area, once its on the paper that's what you get. As far a process goes. I usually don't paint the same thing twice. I don't do any pre sketches, I just get an idea and go for it. I do have hundreds of sketchbook pages full of ideas I haven't had time to deal with.
I had requests for larger pieces. and incidentally most of my pieces ARE large. however the last batch of watercolors were small.
this new piece is the first one completed in the next series. these paintings are 15" x 20" watercolor and ink on hot press rag board.

close up so you can see whose peeking out of the Bure

the next bunch of pics are for KINNY. heres my "studio" I have different areas for different work. but this is my clean area where I paint.

my desk I love my vintage ratan desk!

my studio comes complete wth a cat

and a dog

that new piece is looking good Dawn!
And thanks for the studio shots!
lovin the rattan desk and green walls!
I can just imagine you there for hours painting away!
Very neat!
bravo!

Hey Dawn- This new stuff is fine! You have a distinct style too which is yours... and nice studio shots too!

Dawn,

I like the tiki on the rock wall background, and as always, your house is big pimpin'!

ST

B

On 2008-05-08 00:53, Sneakytiki wrote:
Dawn,

I like the tiki on the rock wall background, and as always, your house is big pimpin'!

ST

That was my fave too! I see you put up the "Marge" next to your desk! Looking forward to meeting up with you again soon!

Tiki Celinete News!!!**

For those of you attending Tiki Caliente this coming weekend. Tiki Lee's will be having some of my work for sale. He will have numerous original watercolor paintings in addition to prints and print sets. The print sets are an excellent value and contain 8 images! Most of the paintings available will be from the Oceanic series with a few pieces from last years 40 paintings for $40.00 . If you get creative with framing these little jems can make quite an impact. Heres some of what you can expect to see at the Caliente event

I have many larger paintings available as well as wood cut out pieces . Look for http://www.sophista-tiki.com to be published to the web any day now! hopefully I will be providing new pieces for Tiki Lee's on a regular basis and you can always talk with Lee about getting your Sophista-tiki Original

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-05-08 18:13 ]

Four different scans of one painting I still don't know how to put them all together in photo shop even tough a hundred people have talked me through it . easy my ass!
I'm getting my photo shop lesson from Mimi next week, so when I have it figured out I will re post these paintings all put together and perfected.

I just found some batteries for my camera so now you know what the puzzle is supposed to look like when you finish putting it together

watercolor and ink on hot press rag board 15'' x 20''
[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-05-14 20:46 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-05-14 21:21 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-05-15 07:39 ]

Love the style of your paintings-especially when they're all put together lol. Really like the colors you used in the last one.

B

Bump!

Hey thanks beadtiki, I was gonna maybe post some fresh baked paintings But Im so stinkin tired its just gonna have ta wait. I almost have my new room framed in. My house just isnt quite big enough. But heres the important news. drum roll please. this is a very big moment for me.
I FINALLY FNISHED MY WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been ( not an exageration) trying to get a website up for about 10yrs.
It will be published to the web on friday afternoon.
wish I could have a party to celebrate http://www.sophista-tiki.com
Dawn
Its (PM on saturday. I finally fixed my website. feel free to look. Its cute and simple. But pretty good for my first site I made by myself. Kinda give the feel of that map,grade school, globe thingy I like

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-05-31 21:16 ]

O

Hi Sophista-tiki,

Just checked out your new website. Very cool.:D Great job. I like the buttons you created to move from page to page. The design is great. Your artist statement came out well too...I've read many boring ones and yours isn't one of them. And of course the art work is awesome and shown off nicely with the design. The only glitch I saw was the title overlayed on the buttons on a few of the pages (had that happen myself).

O

THE NEW SITE LOOKS KICKIN!
Great Pallette on the pages!
compliments your work perfectly!
DAWN ROCKS!
and so does her new website!

J

Very nice job on the website! I've been a fan of your work for a while now. My two favorites are the House Spirt New Caledonia and Native Drum.

R

Daaaaawn! Just saw yer new site! RAWKIN GIRL!

:D

Thank you ( say that to yourself using a falsetto Pee Wee voice) It was so fun building the site, Now that i have it figured out I will be making a site for the museum project. but in the mean time im just finishing up some paintings. I should be posting some new art later his evening. Dawn

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Jun 3, 2008 6:54 PM

WOW!!!
Cool site!!
Impressive art!
Will you be @ Hukilau this year? Please say yes!!! I'll stuff my pockets with cash...:)

RH

I love studio pics, thanks for posting them.

Your painting at the top of this page is my favorite yet, Dawn.

I checked out your site... top notch!

[ Edited by: Robb Hamel 2008-06-04 08:42 ]

I was going to post these last night. But I fell asleep really early.
Its been cold , dark, and rainy here for 2 days. UGH so I painted something with hot colors. Ive also been playing around with the tiki image from the 1962 worlds fair here in Seattle.

O

Cool stuff. Love the oranges and bright fuchsias together! They've got good flow too.
-o

H

CA-RAY-ZEE good stuff, Dawn! I'm especially fond of the last 2. Keep crankin' 'em out!

Great new batch!
Keep em Coming!
Wishin you More Rain!
(keeps you inside painting!)
Glad to hear that you're in FULL SWING!

Love the website, Dawn. I'm trying to get one going now, do they consume all your time when they're finished? Are you keeping your cool myspace page?

Heres a painting for the Freakout show. hope its kool enough.
watercolor and ink on hotpress board 15" x 20"

my eyes are a little fuzzy today so my pics probably are not as sharp as it really is and not color acuurate. will scan later.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-06-29 17:22 ]

in-freakin-fastic!
You're a tiki Super Spastic!

that poem isn't even a small portion as cool as this new one!

ZANG!

Visit http://www.kenruzic.com
http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
Why are you reading this? Move along Private!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-06-29 20:28 ]

Great new art Dawn!!! Diggin it all the colors, the composition and the overall super sweetness of it all. Good work on the website too!

Just finished my second painting for the FREAKOUT show. Im diggin this tiki/psycadellic thing. These last 2 paintings are my favorite things Ive done in a while. Prolly gonna make prints.
16" x 12' watercolor and ink on hotpress board.

RH

The psychadellic flavor of these paintings really click with me. Could you make it even stronger in some future pieces? I'd sure like to see that.

Push it Dawn! Push it!
that olive and purple and brown just zings it!
Go consult that hookah of yours and create some more FREAK-OUT!
:lol:

H

It's like candy for the eyeballs! Shweeeeeet goodness!

Thanks Robb, Kinny, and Brad. Im feeling so completely mstached with the tiki/psycadelic combination. I feel freshly inspired. I am researching and sketching new pieces right now.

T

Dawn,

Will you be at the opening of the Tiki freak out show ?

Ive got a couple of events happening here in Seattle , so I will miss the opening, wish I could see all the great art in person. Someday soon I hope to be able to make it to some California events.

B

Dawn, WOW you do such Sweet Smoothe stuff, How can you Stand yourself? :lol:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1256 replies